Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Daylon Mack at Combine

22,928 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dr. Nefario
L1TexAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going for 40 reps on bench!!! I really like Daylon and thought he performed admirably throughout his career. Wishing him a successful NFL career. Does he get 40 reps? Placing O/U at 36... Dodson at 32
sleepybeagle
AG
Mack will get 40!
Sbisa Chef
I think he does an insane amount over 40.
L1TexAg95
AG
Dodson?
NoahAg
He'll do as many reps as he wants. Mack = scrong.

He's gonna do just fine in the NFL. Pro Bowler in 3 years.
L1TexAg95
AG
51 reps is record
Canvasback
Staff
stay on topic - don't make personal attacks against our players
Tamu_mgm
AG
Moderator said:

stay on topic - don't make personal attacks against our players
I did the opposite, I defended our player against scum like wtb that posted an attack against our player.
AG
I wish they'd test them on squats.

The stories about his leg strength are crazy.
L1TexAg95
AG
Yep, that would be fun to watch... there would be some weight moved
AgPediRPh
AG
I have a feeling his combine and interviews are going to impress the hell outta the teams.
rootube
AG
If he is really projected to go in the third round some NFL team is going to get an absolute steal.
rootube
AG
4 said:

I always thought it was strange that bench press was such a big deal in the combine. The bench is probably the most useless lift in all of weight training.
dixichkn
AG
Can't wait to see his vertical though....

Seriously though, give em hell Daylon. Go make some big money.
rootube
AG
rootube said:

4 said:

I always thought it was strange that bench press was such a big deal in the combine. The bench is probably the most useless lift in all of weight training.
Funny story. I was listening to sports radio leading up to the 2007 NBA draft and I remember Skip Bayless saying that Greg Oden was a better prospect than Kevin Durant because he had a better bench press than Durant. Durant apparently had a very bad bench press. Skip's argument, and I am not kidding here was that Durant's bench press number indicated that Durant's body would not stand up to the physical rigors of the NBA! I honestly didn't know who Skip Bayless was at the time but I remember thinking this guys is a complete idiot. Skip has only solidified my original opinion of him in the intervening years.
yardwhisperer
AG
No way Dodson gets 36

Edit: Myles Garrett got 33 and most would consider him the stronger more athletically freaky one.
500,000ags
AG
Dodson getting 25 would be good.
Lilly Biucci
AG
Once you get over 25 reps it really becomes a slow twitch rather than fast twitch measure. I wish the combine would test 1 rep maxes. I bet Mack would put up monster numbers, and it's probably more relevant than whether he can do 30 vs 40 reps at 225.
bowhuntr
Imagine not doing squat max and then not doing a max bench is simply a safety deal. Guys would look at it like the rep of their life and potentially injure themselves in the process.

NFL teams probably just want them healthy more than anything since they have tape, etc.
Post removed:
by user
DTLB
He will move up to the second round once he runs a 4.8 40 at 320
P.U.T.U
AG
The bigger indicators of athletic performance are front squats, hack squats, and vertical
L1TexAg95
AG
I remember this too. Durant didn't do one rep BTW
L1TexAg95
AG
He said in that article that his max was in the 450 range
rootube
AG
L1TexAg95 said:

I knew it was bad. I wonder how many Oden did? I'm sure everyone was impressed, meanwhile on the other side of the bench press his foot was held together with bailing wire.
rootube
AG
DTLB said:

I hope so. Honestly Daylon has so much raw talent he is going to play a long time in the NFL if he can stay healthy. I'm more worried about Dotson. The guy is a total stud but it's easy to slip out of the draft and wake up in Canada.
rootube
AG
rootube said:

L1TexAg95 said:

I knew it was bad. I wonder how many Oden did? I'm sure everyone was impressed, meanwhile on the other side of the bench press his foot was held together with bailing wire.
I also remember thinking at the time that Allen Iverson is one of the best pure NBA athletes of his generation and he has probably never done an bench press in his life.
L1TexAg95
AG
Actually I bet AI has done bench... he was a really good high school quarterback. Legend has it probably one of the best ever in Virginia.
rootube
AG
rootube said:

DTLB said:

I hope so. Honestly Daylon has so much raw talent and physical specimen he is going to play a long time in the NFL if he can stay healthy. I'm more worried about Dotson. The guy is a total stud but it's easy to slip out of the draft and wake up in Canada.
My favorite memory of Dotson was in the UK game. Dotson had to leave after a series because of an injury. I swear UK tore off three big runs while he was out (And they weren't doing anything before that). It was probably mostly coincidence, but I have never been so happy to see a guy run back out on the field than I was that night. Of course he stuck a guy immediately when he came back in the game.
rootube
AG
L1TexAg95 said:

Actually I bet AI has done bench... he was a really good high school quarterback. Legend has it probably one of the best ever in Virginia.
He was a stud QB, but I would consider him a textbook example of a person being gifted by god with an incredible natural ability not a grinder who hung out in the gym.
AG
Practice?

We talking bout practice??
Federale01
AG
Apparently Von didn't do well on the bench either. Lots of people made outlandish claims. We see how that turned out.
L1TexAg95
AG
Haha... "Practice, we talkin about practice..."
L1TexAg95
AG
In the words of the great American Kenny Powers, "I play real sports... not trying to be the best at exercising"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.