Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Staff Please ban use of tu ref photo

15,953 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by valvemonkey91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

The pic needs to continue to be posted because no one on this thread has stated who the referee in question was. Meaning, how many of you knew he was a psycho horn fan with over 1,000 posts on Old Rivalries?. That is the level of distrust that should be expressed.

Or the story about Randy Chrystal and John Bible kissing the longhorn ring to continue to get to ump SWC baseball games. Think they didn't know where their bread was buttered as they ran two of the six Big 12 referee crews in football? How many of you know that story?

This. The younger generation never experienced this crap. I don't think they truly understand the magnitude of it.
Bonfire1996
AG
4 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

The pic needs to continue to be posted because no one on this thread has stated who the referee in question was. Meaning, how many of you knew he was a psycho horn fan with over 1,000 posts on Old Rivalries?. That is the level of distrust that should be expressed.

Or the story about Randy Chrystal and John Bible kissing the longhorn ring to continue to get to ump SWC baseball games. Think they didn't know where their bread was buttered as they ran two of the six Big 12 referee crews in football? How many of you know that story?

This. The younger generation never experienced this crap. I don't think they truly understand the magnitude of it.

The guy wasn't a casual horn fan who owned a hoodie or two. He registered on texags.com as a horn fan and talked shlt on over 1,000 posts telling us how superior the horns were to us.

How that doesn't get caught in an audit is unbelievable. Wait, it's totally believable in Dan Bebee's Big 12. Considering Dan Bebee's connection to the premiere horn homer of all time, Charles Alan Wright.
rbcs_2
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

4 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

The guy wasn't a casual horn fan who owned a hoodie or two. He registered on texags.com as a horn fan and talked shlt on over 1,000 posts telling us how superior the horns were to us.

How that doesn't get caught in an audit is unbelievable. Wait, it's totally believable in Dan Bebee's Big 12. Considering Dan Bebee's connection to the premiere horn homer of all time, Charles Alan Wright.
I'll believe it when TAMU lawyers bring a lawsuit against this ref. Until then...bollocks.
Bonfire1996
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

4 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

I'll believe it when TAMU lawyers bring a lawsuit against this ref. Until then...bollocks.
See for yourself. Search JTaylor (no space) for a username on old rivalries. That's the level of arrogance. He used his real effing name.
AG
Somebody will be along shortly to post a link or two for you.

But I'm not taking the time.

Edit:. That was fast
rbcs_2
AG
Guys, it was a joke in reference to FriscoKid's revelations in the Jorts thread. Now I've failed today because I had to explain myself.
AG
Sorry, didn't waste any time reading that thread
whoop91
AG
Can we just ban the OP and anyone that brings up playing them again or anyone that says that if we don't want to play them then we are skeered?

It just degrades a good football forum and makes us look desperate.
Agsuffering@bulaw
OP is the reason we need to keep posting that picture.

OP's who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it!
dixichkn
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

I'm kind of impressed that refs usually manage NOT to fist pump or otherwise display obvious enthusiasm when big plays happen right in front of them, regardless of which team is the beneficiary. If I was out there and someone made a huge catch or a massive sack or hurdled a defender right in front of me it'd probably take everything I had not to start shouting like Gus Johnson.
Especially when you're........well whaddya know?.........an ALUM of one of the schools you're reffing
BuddysBud
AG
On page 2 and no one has posted the picture yet
Aggies2009
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

rbcs_2 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

4 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

See for yourself. Search JTaylor (no space) for a username on old rivalries. That's the level of arrogance. He used his real effing name.
Was that verifiably him, though?
Bonfire1996
AG
I think it's a very interesting question for staff.....especially in light of how "ethical" they have proven to be with regards to the Jort's situation. Staff knows if JTaylor is actually JTaylor.

Put it this way. JTaylor posted, heavily, up until referee JTaylor threw the flag on Hunter. He's been gone ever since. And when the texags Lynch mob was forming and began to utilize previous texags posts to determine where poster JTaylor lived....staff came out and simply said, "not him". Of course, staff would have quite the lawsuit on their hands if it ended up being him, but alas, we may never know. Add this to the Jorts context, and the picture gets much more cloudy.

It's clear for me, always has been, it's him. Too many things line up.
Z Team
AG
I'm clearly in the minority here. Carry on with your wailing about a ref who was a longhorn.

Never said renew playing the game as some blasted. And make sure Aggies learn about it in fish camp and no generation of Aggies ever forgets the reason why we don't play them any more is because one of their alum became a tu homer ref.
Post removed:
by user
suprafly03
AG
Heehee.

This is gonna be fun watching the TexAgs brass squirm. It was very clearly THE JTaylor...
Aggies2009
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

I think it's a very interesting question for staff.....especially in light of how "ethical" they have proven to be with regards to the Jort's situation. Staff knows if JTaylor is actually JTaylor.

Put it this way. JTaylor posted, heavily, up until referee JTaylor threw the flag on Hunter. He's been gone ever since. And when the texags Lynch mob was forming and began to utilize previous texags posts to determine where poster JTaylor lived....staff came out and simply said, "not him". Of course, staff would have quite the lawsuit on their hands if it ended up being him, but alas, we may never know. Add this to the Jorts context, and the picture gets much more cloudy.

So a few questions... Is he still officiating? Cause if so, that NEEDS to be investigated 100%. You've got tons of lawsuits waiting to happen on someone having that level of bias in games they officiate. Schools could claim all sorts of lost money. It'd be worth investigating, for sure.
Bonfire1996
AG
He is still a referee. He was a referee in one of our games this year I think.
suprafly03
AG
Yes.

He is a SEC field judge now...
Aggies2009
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Again, that's at least worth looking into for sure.
turboboost
AG
I can't belive the OP got 11 blue stars for carrying sip' water.
PyriteAg
AG
Cmon, All_in_Ags. This thread is in some serious need of that ref pic.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Post the pic? No idea what the pic is. Yes I'm a younger generation.
Bonfire1996
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

He was the field judge for us versus Arkansas and Ole Miss.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
You seem to know a lot about the topic...

Has anyone from the A&M athletic dept ever referenced this guy or filed complaint?

BQ05
Diet Cokehead
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Had to be him.
Aggies2009
AG
What proof do we have that this was him? There are many "JTaylor"s out there...
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

He was in the B12 and now in the SEC??
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
valvemonkey91
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

WOW! I think I'm going to be sick. Please elaborate on these two stories. Why would TA allow this crooked ref to come on these boards? WTAF? Can someone give the Cliff Notes version of the Chrystal and Bible story, please?
Million
Bonfire1996 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

And why is our administration so inept to allow him in the stadium at one our games? This is just sickening to me that nothing has been done to remove him from officiating our games.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
can some one post the picture for the young generation?
Post removed:
by user
88jrt06
AG
Isn't there a game photo showing his delight at the sip TD....PLUS
A photo of him (and his brood) in head-to-toe horn gear, "hook'n em?"
Bonfire1996
AG
The story of Randy Christal and John Bible, as told to me by a member of the horn faithful and confirmed by a joking Roger Clemons about shltty umpires throughout his career.

Christal and Bible are professional sports officials. Referees in the Fall and Umpires in the Spring. Both call the Austin area home and have done so for decades. College officials make decent money (especially as a supplement to a regular income), and with these guys being so close to home, you could imagine what it's like to get to watch some premier baseball on a Tuesday evening, make some money, all while staying within 20 miles or so of your house. Things were great. As Texas was making CWS runs with regularity under Cliff Gustafson, Christal and Bible were fixtures on the diamond at Disch-Faulk on the weekends and on Tuesdays. Were they homers? Who knows, you'd like to think they would call it straight. Why risk it?

Everything was perfect until Roger Clemons came to town for Texas. The fireballing right hander was the biggest prize in College Baseball, and Texas had him. Roger Clemons is known throughout baseball for his next level competitive edge, and he had no problem telling everyone in attendance when they weren't matching his level of excellence. One night, Roger wasn't getting the Strike calls behind the plate that he wanted, and Randy Christal wasn't giving it to him. And then it happened again, this time with Bible. And then it seemed Christal and Bible had it out for Clemons, according to Clemons. So Clemons walks into Gustafson's office one day, boiling over with frustration, and he promptly tells Gustafson that if Christal or Bible are on the field of a Texas game when he was slated to pitch, that Gus could find someone else to throw that day.

Soon thereafter, when Christal and Bible were to get the phone call that they had been assigned to a Texas game to ump, the phone didn't ring. And it continued to not ring. When Christal and Bible questioned as to why they had stopped getting assigned to Texas games on the weekend and in the middle of the week, they were given the run around. They finally utilized their stature as longtime officials to get to the truth. They were told that Clemons wouldn't pitch with them on the field. They were indignant. They felt they were fair. Their opinion mattered not, Gus had spoken, and that was that.

Enough time goes by that both Bible and Christal begin to miss the regular money in the Spring. Perhaps the wives were getting antsy, who knows. But it got bad enough that Bible and Christal go to meet with Gustafson, and it is there that they promise to be better, to be "more fair." What does more fair mean? You do the math.

After that episode in the 1980s, do you think Bible and Christal, representing two of the six officials crews in entirety of Big 12 Football that A&M was involved with 1996 - 2011, do you think Christal and Bible knew in the back of their mind where their bread was buttered? That if they pissed off the longhorns that they may not work again?

How could it not?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.