Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Staff Please ban use of tu ref photo

15,946 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by valvemonkey91
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I officiated high school baseball in the '90s and worked my way up to the JUCO and small college level by the end of the '90s and early 2000s. After that, I moved to the press box and did game operations for A&M and Texas State baseball/football/volleyball/basketball, as well as the same for the Big 12 and Southland Conferences. The Bible/Christal story told above is 100% true...and it's not even close to the worst Texas sports-related story involving those two guys. Bible and Christal both have that down home, awww shucks, I'm-just-a-good-ol-guy-officiating-sports persona and they...away from the field...are likable guys. HOWEVER, they were not about to upset the apple cart of the University of Texas gravy train. They knew that one tiny recommendation from Coach Gustafson or DKR or DeLoss Dodds meant they'd get to work the highest levels and most marquee NCAA regionals, the CWS, any college bowl game they wanted, etc. They also knew any small bit of hesitation from those guys would send them to the referee/umpire equivalent of Russian Siberia.

To say Bible and Christal have long been biased in favor of the Longhorns is like saying the sun is hot or water is wet. Those guys spent 30+ years knowing who stocked their cupboards and they weren't about to do anything that didn't involve bowing down to the proverbial golden calf in Austin.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Post removed:
by user
Emilio Fantastico
AG
And Bible is still getting paid by the sips to eject our players for bogus targeting penalties from the replay booth.
Clob94
OP is correct. But I bet this isn't the reaction you thought you'd get.
Born Maroon
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Dario said:

Cmon, All_in_Ags. This thread is in some serious need of that ref pic.

Z Team
AG
So the tu AD can banish a ref to Siberia and thus they bow down to the golden calf in Austin, but A&M AD still can't even keep them from reffing an Aggie game and ejecting our players. I get it so much more clearly now and see the foolishness of my original views that this made us look weak.

We definitely need to see more of the ref pic to remind us that we are truly powerless to the corruption of refs against A&M EVEN when we play other teams. Maybe we should stop playing those games as well because there is no way to stop this madness.
Z Team
AG
Clob94 said:

OP is correct. But I bet this isn't the reaction you thought you'd get.
LOL, the zoo never disappoints!
valvemonkey91
AG
Z Team said:

So the tu AD can banish a ref to Siberia and thus they bow down to the golden calf in Austin, but A&M AD still can't even keep them from reffing an Aggie game and ejecting our players. I get it so much more clearly now and see the foolishness of my original views that this made us look weak.

We definitely need to see more of the ref pic to remind us that we are truly powerless to the corruption of refs against A&M EVEN when we play other teams. Maybe we should stop playing those games as well because there is no way to stop this madness.

My question exactly! My God! Why do we have masochists running our sports business?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.