Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you go to the game if your hotel was 9 miles away?

6,597 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by theeyetest
SVaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going by myself. We live in San Jose. Our daughter is a senior at Bama. My husband doesn't like loud noises due to tinnitus, so I'm going by myself. I do have quite a few friends that will be at the game. Also, some Bama kids are staying at my house.

My Bama daughter went back to Tuscaloosa because her friends couldn't afford plane tickets out here. Personally, the strip will be more fun than Santa Clara.

I'm still waiting for ticket prices to come down more, and watching the weather updates.

Also, I'm going to take the light rail to the game.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

this is how you humblebrag
Well, you know. It's that or dinner on Apple. Tough choices.
FriscoKid
AG
Yeah, I would.
greg.w.h
AG
I would go if I were there. Given reports of low secondary market prices it could be a real opportunity to see a great game and a life-long story if not.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
JWill2001 said:

Bluecat,

I'm in the same boat. already flying in to SJC on Monday morning. None of the Californians are interested in paying to go see it. I'm considering going alone as well.

I'm 80% there.
Federale01
AG
EXCELL said:

Who wants to go and put money into California Liberalville pockets to watch Bama and Clemson and drop $2K per person (airfare, meals, ground transport, minimum mult-night hotel stays, etc etc etc) when you can watch it at home with 6 different replay angles and not get mugged except by your wife's cousin Charlie?
Mugged in Silicon Valley? Maybe I guess. It's possible that ApplePay goes down and someone is really jonesing for a fair-trade coffee with soy.
ObstreperousFarmer
I would go and think of it as a rehearsal for when we're playing for a championship.
RadAg14
AG
Just go
Aggie_95
AG
Leander - Ag
AG
Prices for this game are super cheap. You should go.

And. Apple doesn't pay for dinner
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Oh, they absolutely would! And breakfast and lunch on Monday.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Not with their stock price falling.....sack lunch only!

Oh....and hell yeah I'd go. Went to a Stanley Cup championship game when in Dallas and Stars were playing. Only cost me $100 too.
Sit Down Rando
AG
Do it
bowhuntr
Just don't wear a maroon shirt - always think it's odd when fans do that to games their teams not playing in.
Sit Down Rando
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Leander - Ag said:

Executive Briefing?
akm91
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

this is how you humblebrag
Well, you know. It's that or dinner on Apple. Tough choices.

Go to the game and then have late dinner on Apple. Win win!
Ian Neff
AG
How come liberals ruin everything?
Dad
AG
I would go by myself if I had to but maybe check with the coworkers to see if any of them want to go unless I hated them.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Sit Down Rando said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Leander - Ag said:

Executive Briefing?
Something like that. My team was invited... it's really just a big marketing thing, but I'm looking forward to getting on the Apple campus.
GoodAg Paulie
GoodAg Paulie
AG
9 miles is So Bay traffic could be an eternity.....its God awful. Also check the weather. It's a bit cold here at the moment so I'm not sure I would want to sit out in it if I didn't have a vested interest in the game.
Thudman
Federale01 said:

EXCELL said:

Who wants to go and put money into California Liberalville pockets to watch Bama and Clemson and drop $2K per person (airfare, meals, ground transport, minimum mult-night hotel stays, etc etc etc) when you can watch it at home with 6 different replay angles and not get mugged except by your wife's cousin Charlie?
Mugged in Silicon Valley? Maybe I guess. It's possible that ApplePay goes down and someone is really jonesing for a fair-trade coffee with soy.

Hahahahaha! Agree. No one with a top not/man bun can kick your ass unless he's a Samurai. So unless you see swords, you should be good to go.
theeyetest
JWill2001 said:

Bluecat,

I'm in the same boat. already flying in to SJC on Monday morning. None of the Californians are interested in paying to go see it. I'm considering going alone as well.
Another successful TexAgs hookup
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.