Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

******* Dawgs vs. mankissing sips ******

237,032 Views | 1692 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
Actual Talking Thermos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Snicklepox said:

Sips aren't good enough to even practice on the same field as Georgia.

Redrooster
Sec sec sec what a joke the dawgs really proved they belonged in the playoffs ! Playoffs ? Texas domination of sec continues !
millertime40
Redrooster said:

Sec sec sec what a joke the dawgs really proved they belonged in the playoffs ! Playoffs ? Texas domination of sec continues !
they sure dont dominate maryland though, one of the worst teams in all of college football
Redrooster
Get back Texas runs this state!
Redrooster
What's the sec bowl record against the Bigger 12 ???
Joe Exotic
AG
Redrooster said:

Get back Texas runs this state!

Is that why jimbo ran you out of this state in recruiting?
Threadbare
ActualTalkingThermos said:

Threadbare said:

Not such a big deal. Give 'em the credit they deserve.

But, it's going to be annoying when their cruising through the new SWC while we're in the SEC meatgrinder, to not have them on our schedule.

I've been saying it all along. The "we don't need them" mantra is going to be a lot less convincing when they have cakewalks to playoff contention and we don't get a shot at them.

Yeah about that SEC meat grinder... it sure looks like teams with similar records from other conferences can hang with SEC teams. Alabama is ludicrously good. Before tonight I would have said Georgia too. Outside of that SEC looks like just another conference. That's not even bad. The SEC is a good conference with good teams and great fans. Just the idea that SEC is so much better top to bottom than everyone else is false. There are good teams all over..
Alabama, Florida, LSU (missing half their team), Auburn, and Texas A&M all rolled. Kentucky beat Penn State. MSU lost a tough one they should have won, and the two lowest bowl teams in the conference each barely lost to higher ranked teams from the Big 12. Only Georgia really failed. They were beaten up on the defensive line and played their most uninspired football in two years (with the possible exception of the LSU loss) and still only lost by a touchdown to the number 2 team in the Big 12.

SEC will put the most in the NFL of any conference again, by a substantial margin, and the SEC dominated again this year in recruiting.

The SEC is better top to bottom than everyone else, but, you are right, that doesn't mean it's not competitive...
TheBro
millertime40 said:

Redrooster said:

they sure dont dominate maryland though, one of the worst teams in all of college football

But 2-0 against the last two teams they played in the SEC. Maybe Maryland can beat Georgia.
TheBro
Mr. Black said:

Piss-poor effort by Georgia and their coaching staff. The Dawgs talked all sorts of crap about Notre Dame over the weekend and they obviously were not prepared to play tu tonight.

They just didn't care. I assume you know that would be the narrative if Georgia lost. Was LSU motivated today?
BBRex
AG
So could you do a rugby style grubber kick? That would seem to give you a better chance at the ball.
Joe Exotic
AG
TheBro said:

Mr. Black said:

Piss-poor effort by Georgia and their coaching staff. The Dawgs talked all sorts of crap about Notre Dame over the weekend and they obviously were not prepared to play tu tonight.

They just didn't care. I assume you know that would be the narrative if Georgia lost. Was LSU motivated today?

Was LSU the first team passed over for the last playoff spot?
Mr. Black
TheBro said:

Mr. Black said:

Actually, I was concerned about Georgia's mindset prior to the game. I had a flashback to Kansas State after we beat them in the Big 12 championship 20 years ago. They were ranked #2 in the nation coming in and we upset them. After their national championship aspirations were dashed (by us) they mailed it in and lost to an inferior opponent in their bowl game (an unranked Purdue, IIRC). They were not prepared to play and didn't show up after we beat them. Simple as that.

LSU was motivated to play UCF today and it showed with their aggressiveness throughout the game and in the final result. Conversely, Georgia's team looked flat for three quarters and only showed a spark in the latter stages of the fourth quarter. They obviously were not prepared to play tonight.
Rongagin71
AG
I thought Georgia would win by 2 TD, but didn"t know how much trouble the Dawgs would have covering those two huge sip ends while the Dawg ends dropped multiple passes + other Dawgish F-ups.
Also losing to a team they should have beat by 3TD was Miss St....read the game report for a litany of F-ups even worse than the Dawgs.
Fact is, F-ups are part of the game and good teams rarely do them...so a bad look for SEC.
aggiedad7
TowerAg90 said:

t.u. won in the first quarter on field position. Georgia's punter kinda handed them an easy field
I saw that punters knee down in real time and called it out. Not sure how refs can miss that? I mean isn't someone watching the punter? It's not like it was close or anything. College refs cease to amaze me how they can miss obvious calls like illegal procedure and something like this that are not judgement calls, but just simple calls to make. Seems there is one illegal procedure call missed in about half the games I watched over the last few days.

Surprised the 1st drive went right down the field. D was not focused at all.
TheBro
jm94 said:

UGA -13.5
O/U 60

When in the CFP?
TheBro
Bo Darville said:

TheBro said:

Mr. Black said:

So Georgia just wasn't motivated. Okay
T-Shizzle
TheBro said:

Bo Darville said:

TheBro said:

Mr. Black said:

And here they come. Like clockwork!
Joe Exotic
AG
TheBro said:

Bo Darville said:

TheBro said:

Mr. Black said:

Do you think they were?
Pato
The sips got lucky. This was a seven point game so it's not like it was a thrashing. Without Georgia's ****** punter the sips don't go up 10-0. Without that early fumble and a lucky QB run, sips don't go up 17-0.

Georgia never was in the game mentally. How many dropped passes did Georgia have? And Fromm was off all night, except for when he finally decided to play down three TDs in the fourth quarter.

Ehlinger looked "eh" the whole night. Even with the lead, the sips looked small and slow while Georgia looked big and fast.

They play this game 10 times, and Georgia wins 8 of them, many in blowout fashion.

Joe Exotic
AG
While I do believe Georgia didn't care and didn't show up the sips didn't get lucky. They came ready to play and took advantage of the situation.

I knew this game was off when the UGA punter downed the ball in their own territory.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Did people actually watch the game? Everyone can make excuses but tu was clearly the better team last night.

The same excuses about not having anything to play for can be said about any of the other to 10 teams. It comes down to if you lose the bowl game, it proves you didn't deserve to be in the playoff.
Texan1976
Herman is a big game hunter. He's one of the best coaches as an under dog against long odds. Ask Jimbo about the butt kicking he gave Jimbo and all his 5 stars with UH 2 stars.
Pato
https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/texas-was-ready-georgia-wasn-end-story/9Gb2YnGjSypScSTllprNUN/
Flashdiaz
AG
Texan1976 said:

Herman is a big game hunter. He's one of the best coaches as an under dog against long odds. Ask Jimbo about the butt kicking he gave Jimbo and all his 5 stars with UH 2 stars.
He won't be an under dog against long odds next year... how does he do when expected to win?
45-70Ag
AG
Texan1976 said:

Yes, Mensa is on his own level
Rongagin71
AG
Luck is always part of every game but I would say Georgia got unlucky on two potential turnovers in the second half - a pass interception they bobbled and a fumble that bounced back to the sip runner.
Aggie From Ohio
Maryland the last two years...
Bunk Moreland
Geeze the insecurity on this board. You guys will use every excuse in the book to justify not giving tu credit for dog stomping Georgia...yet 2 incompletions in the 1st quarter and you want to tar and feather our QB and give up on the game.

Pathetic.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Harry Stamper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Here's to the whorns getting rolled.
Hermensa will do something tonight to embarrass himself.

Hoping the dawgs hang 100 on these tittybabies.

Lol @ the dumbass

Flagged for personal attack
TexasRebel
AG
That 1 score "dog stomping"?
AggieIce
AG
TexasRebel said:

That 1 score "dog stomping"?

Bunk Moreland
That 21 point 4th quarter lead that they then put in cruise control. Yes that dog stomping.
TexasRebel
AG
And if the onside kick bounces the other way?
Gidnik
so all of the bowl games that are not for the cfp are meaningless and the higher ranked team has nothing to play for is what im getting out of this?
Bunk Moreland
Gidnik said:

so all of the bowl games that are not for the cfp are meaningless and the higher ranked team has nothing to play for is what im getting out of this?

What it means is they mean different things to different programs, coaches, players, etc. The hardest predictor in bowl games is knowing which guys on which teams actually want to be there.

You could tell what this bowl game meant to tu and their players leading up to it. The moment the announcers mentioned Kirby having to yell at players early on in bowl practice I knew they were ****ed.

You could tell by the attitude and media availability leading up to the Gator Bowl what it meant for Jimbo & the Ags. Even with the sloppy start I knew they'd be just fine because they were there as one cohesive unit to win a football game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.