Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler Murray - No Excuse...

11,777 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jbob88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phoenix1 said:

The Heisman vote will look rediculous after that game.

Just gonna leave this here
eATMup-Reveille
Is Saban had left Tua in games as much as Mack Brown left McCoy in games which were clearly decided, Tua's stats would be ridiculous. That likely cost Brown a title when McCoy got hurt in the title game and the backup (Gilbert) didn't have enough experience.

I believe Murray in the SEC would have clearly shown how much better Tua is.

Also, it was amazing looking at how Kevin Murray looked like such a slumped down, sneering POS during Kyler's speech. He was a b@stard when he played for us, and it appears nothing has ever changed.
rocky the dog
AG
I know this...had Kyler stayed at A&M, Tua would have won the Heisman this year.
SoCalAg97
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

Wow what a long bad post. I'm not even going to go into the amount of stupid in the post plus you could have just added it to the other "poor us" posts on the subject.

Wait I will say something, we beat Clemson? Really? So that loss was on Mond? So Kyler throws for 4,000 and runs for whatever against the defenses we faced? He never gets hurt or pulls himself out of a game? Christ dude

Swede
AG
This just in...

Old news is still old news.
Sparkie
AG
Facing Bama, Tra Carson's QBR was higher than Monds.
94chem
The part I hate is that Kevin Murray was a hero of mine in the late 80's. I watched the '86 Baylor game on TV, and attended the SMU game with my dad. Kevin was a legend, and would've had a great NFL career if not for his injury, and maybe for being the same color as Warren Moon. Who knows for sure...

Kevin was supposed to be our guy, and seeing that ruined really stinks. He was just about up there with Bucky, Dat, Acie, and John Byington.
jimmo
I think Summy made some promises to Kyler .. like playing time in year one. that was the mistake.
OU didnt do the same.. obviously.
Kyler needed to earn the job, like anyone else would have to.
If that wasnt good enough - just let him go to tu or wherever.

(then Summy did the same w/ Starkel and Mond in the UCLA game)
who?mikejones
AG
Quote:

Losing Kyler was more than just Sumlin having a culture that wasn't player friendly (or too player friendly) as this runs much deeper.

No, its pretty much all sumlins fault.

These are my people, Americans.
Stumpknocker
Sumlin weakness is the gift that keeps on giving. He's an empty visor who rode Johnnys coat tails.

When he gets fired and becomes a commentator I will have to permanently mute my TV speakers.
ffco
Chesapeake Ag said:

This was 100% on Sumlin. He's the only former A&M coach I wish ill on, because he always had to have a fall guy for his own incompetence and many failures. A very long list of players and coaches left under a cloud yet it was somehow always someone else's fault.

I say congratulations to Kyler, and I wish things had worked out differently, but I'm excited about where Jimbo is taking us. I have no doubt that if Jimbo had been Kyler's coach he would have won a Heisman here too.
If you think Sumlin is the only former A&M coach who had to have a fall guy for his incompetence, you aren't up on A&M history.
Houstonag
AG
He would not have won the award had he been in the SEC, ACC, or big Ten.It is a numbers game and he won it using the system. Good for him.
NathanChristie
AG
Losing KA and KM? Yeah that was bad.

Would KM have won the Heisman in the SEC? Doubt it.
Ian Neff
AG
I have to say that this is one of the most impressive threads in the history of the zoo.

Opposing points that make equal sense

Damn. Good stuff.
gettingitdone
Kyler would NEVER have had those stats in the SEC!! I am not convinced the best athlete won! Saban hurt Tua puking him in the 4th during so many games
bbigfish
Kyler and his father were a cancer on the A&M football team. Refusing to go into a game. Throwing an interception on purpose. He should have never come to College Station.

And Sumlin, he has shown his skills.....

We now have a REAL football coach. Enjoy the future Ags and forget past.
wheelz
AG
Phoenix1 said:

Kyler is going to get exposed- big time- against 'Bama. The Heisman vote will look rediculous after that game.

Exposed like Ty Detmer against the Aggies in the Holiday Bowl?
Jbob88
Kyler would never win a hesiman in the SEC. He barely beat Tech, who lost to Ole Miss by like 25 points.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.