Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC v. Big 12 bowling

31,346 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiehawg
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBQ70 said:

Please put up the stats for the SEC West bowl games and then make your case.

SECw v. BDF
1-0
HoustonAggie37713
AggieBQ70 said:

We went 3-3 vs the SEC West. Not sure that makes us look good.
Joe Exotic
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

We totally believe you're an Aggie
Jock 07
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

What's even more pathetic than sip running to a non rivals board seeking validation? Sip masquerading as an Ag.
Joe Exotic
AG
Jock 07 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

What's even more pathetic than sip running to a non rivals board seeking validation? Sip masquerading as an Ag.

They don't even hide it well
HoustonAg2106
AG
Bo Darville said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

We totally believe you're an Aggie
Everything he posts is negative towards A&M
Jock 07
AG
Bo Darville said:

Jock 07 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

And the most amusing part is that sip is too stupid to realize how easy it is even easier to see through their bull**** after the recent forum update
blutow
aggiehawg said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

it's means anyone that does join in the globalist view of SEC has a weak ego about our own team.

That is a big intellectual leap.

1. The SEC brand is a powerful marketing point. The brand just got dinged. That is bad for us.

2. I hate the BDF and want them to fail. Do I need to develop this: the sips, Ken "Rapey" Starr and lawsuits, TBAT filling our buses with manure, TBAT running the goalpoasts into our section...

We had a great game and I was thrilled to see our DBs, Buddy Johnson, and some of the younger DL balls drop. It gives me hope for next year. Had the sips gotten rolled, it would have been the perfect bowl season. That did not happen.
I'm not too worried about the SEC brand. We still collectively have the most premier players and coaches in college football.

Plus we all knew it was a matter of time before tu at least became respectable again.

I think the conferences that should be more concerned are the PAC and the B1G. With Meyer's retirement, will Ohio State take a step back? And what about Harbaugh? Will he ever get over the hump? Franklin at Penn? Sure stunk up the joint yesterday against Kentucky--a team we beat.

And no one has discussed it but what about that Oregon game yesterday? Final score 7-6? Against Michigan State? Washington didn't look like they should have been on the same field with OSU for much of the Rose Bowl.

As much as I'd like to see Ohio State slide into a long drought, history says they will be fine. They are the only big name program I can think of that has not really had a bad streak in the last ~50 years. They will likely find another "high character" coach and it will be business as usual at OSU. Stoops will probably come out of retirement, he'd be perfect there...
Joe Exotic
AG
Jock 07 said:

Bo Darville said:

Jock 07 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

AggieBQ70 said:

And the most amusing part is that sip is too stupid to realize how easy it is even easier to see through their bull**** after the recent forum update

Exactly. I looked in his profile and literally every single post for almost two years were negative. He literally didn't post on a thread or even a day when something positive happened to A&M.
MondayMorningQB
AG
Quote:

As much as I'd like to see Ohio State slide into a long drought, history says they will be fine. They are the only big name program I can think of that has not really had a bad streak in the last ~50 years. They will likely find another "high character" coach and it will be business as usual at OSU. Stoops will probably come out of retirement, he'd be perfect there...

Here's five or so that are really THE blue bloods next to tOSU, and all others with single digit losing seasons since '73. Not updated for this current season.

I was surprised by a few teams and us actually. Looking at this from a lens of sustained success means minimal losing seasons and more than 16 10 win seasons (based on the average of top teams), and then looking at peak seasons (natty) minus worst seasons. Miami is quite an anomaly.

The timeline is '73 when scholarship limits were put in place to last season. Used that parameter since a) becomes harder to win as talent is more widespread across teams and b) not all schools have played for 100+ years

aggiehawg
AG
blutow said:

aggiehawg said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

it's means anyone that does join in the globalist view of SEC has a weak ego about our own team.

That is a big intellectual leap.

1. The SEC brand is a powerful marketing point. The brand just got dinged. That is bad for us.

2. I hate the BDF and want them to fail. Do I need to develop this: the sips, Ken "Rapey" Starr and lawsuits, TBAT filling our buses with manure, TBAT running the goalpoasts into our section...

We had a great game and I was thrilled to see our DBs, Buddy Johnson, and some of the younger DL balls drop. It gives me hope for next year. Had the sips gotten rolled, it would have been the perfect bowl season. That did not happen.
I'm not too worried about the SEC brand. We still collectively have the most premier players and coaches in college football.

Plus we all knew it was a matter of time before tu at least became respectable again.

I think the conferences that should be more concerned are the PAC and the B1G. With Meyer's retirement, will Ohio State take a step back? And what about Harbaugh? Will he ever get over the hump? Franklin at Penn? Sure stunk up the joint yesterday against Kentucky--a team we beat.

And no one has discussed it but what about that Oregon game yesterday? Final score 7-6? Against Michigan State? Washington didn't look like they should have been on the same field with OSU for much of the Rose Bowl.

You are probably correct. My doubts about Ohio State stem from the fact that Ryan Day has never been a HC before. He's worked for some excellent mentors in Meyer and Chip Kelly but HC at a high profile program like Ohio State is a different animal. He'll likely need AD Gene Smith to guide him through some rough spots. (And Smith was suspended along with Meyer over the Zach Smith domestic violence stuff. So his judgment isn't always the best either.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.