Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Aggies vs Tigers *****

190,645 Views | 3210 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texas 1836
Dallas82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It wasn't just a missed FG. We had a fumble near the red zone. We had a blocked FB. We had the ball through the end zone (like it or not he couldn't maintain possession of the ball). There were lots of reasons we lost. It isn't fair to put it on one guy when we would have won by 20 if the rest of the team had played just a *little* better.

All in all it was a great game. We played a game we were expected to lose by 12 and were competitive until the last minute. I don't remember the last time we've done that. Thanks Coach.
R0GUE
AG
Game ball to Kellen Mond.

Runner up is Rodgers.

Second runner up is our punter, damn he was nailing it tonight!
oneeyedag
That was a game.

Totally different team, different attitude, more physical, more energy.

Finally glad to see a coach give to a ref.
THEamc
AG
I'm damn proud of this team. Keep playing like this. And we are going to win some big games.
Memphis 7
Absolute abortion of a call. Ruins the game. You don't make that call. Ever. Ever.
MaroonMachine
The kind of God things that finally brought us a coach.
fieldtrailer
AG
Clemson the better team. Like our future. What a game. We dominated 2nd half. Not the best 2 pt play. We have found some receivers. 2 Mike Williams and Ausbon. Incredible. Yes I am celebrating moral victory. How many top recruits at that game and the impression we left? Future is bright.
Upperdeck Critic
Great effort on both sides of the ball. Defense is improved. Need improvement on tackling and some DB coverage. Needed a turnover. Fluke interception but need to work on ball security. Fisher is a gameday coach, unlike recent Aggie coaches.
EKUAg
AG
Dabo loved the atmosphere too. Fowler and Herbie said they want to be at the rematch next year.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
videoag98
AG
in other news sips are fighting hard against Tulsa; up 21-14!
yell_on_6th st
AG
Gig 'em Ags! I'm proud!
TxSquarebody
All the pre-game hype about Clemson's NFL DL, I think the good guys pretty much held their own. Mond had days to throw a lot of the time.
Floor it until you see God
busmasterjones91
AG
Gig 'em on page '91.
Get Off My Lawn
Galborathelion said:

Probably the best I've felt after a loss... By the end of the year, this will be like the FL game in 2012 where the entire country knows the outcome would be way different if it was replayed. Mond is going to be a monster as he improves under Jimbo
So we go 10-2, with losses by less than 14 total points. Bama wins SEC, and we get talked about for the playoffs.
who?mikejones
AG
Im not a believer in moral victories but have converted after tonight. Something tells me, however, the guys will just be pissed.

I like it. Watch out bama
Rongagin71
AG
I want to remind everyone that the missed first FG did not really hurt us so much because our defense held and we took over in great shape after a short Clemson punt...basically we drove down far enough to get the FG we should have had earlier...would have been much better if we had scored a TD on either of those possessions.
Great effort, and Ags should be in Top 25 now,
with a chance to go much higher.
OKC~Ag
TxSquarebody said:

All the pre-game hype about Clemson's NFL DL, I think the good guys pretty much held their own. Mond had days to throw a lot of the time.
don;t forget the dirty plays Clemson
TexasAggiesWin
S
gopitt said:

Same old Aggies. Huge hype, no results. Maybe they pay the next coach $150 million for mediocrity.
Seen this movie before.
Nice call from the peanut gallery
Wildman15
AG
I kinda like the idea of staying unranked, and beating the absolute hell outta the sec as an underdog
Trustmyvoice
AG
We win out, with a strong game against bama, I think we get to #4 and a rematch
TexAgs91
AG
JABQ04 said:

We beat 'Bama. Book it
We did?!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Trustmyvoice
AG
Also obviously drinking
Dallas82
I've never been one to rag on Sumlin. I liked the guy. But it was really refreshing to see a head coach actually COACHING during a game.
TexAgs91
AG
riverrataggie said:

I'm pissed. I want revenge. I want the refs.
This

I can take being out scored but I am damn sick of the refs screwing us
Fight! Fight! Fight!
aggie_fan13
AG
Very spurs like mentality
OKC~Ag
Dallas82 said:

I've never been one to rag on Sumlin. I liked the guy. But it was really refreshing to see a head coach actually COACHING during a game.
Sumlin was an empty coach
jeffdjohnson
I'll say this. If we really are this good then we may have a chance against Bama. A win versus Bama would put us in the drivers seat for the SEC West and thus a playoff spot.
SeMgCo87
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Ags May lose to Bama. But they will be hard pressed to lose another game barring another absolute ****ing by the refs.

Jimbo has them playing tough gritty football. All they need to do is get Tucker to wrap up on tackles and all will be good.
But, the key thing I saw was Jimbo getting up in several refs' faces, and ripping new a**holes about that "fumble through the endzone" play.

That was something that lets the team know he is combative till the very end; he's not giving up...they'll follow suit.

This was a great, great game. Bama has something to worry about now.
Agsgirl
And telling the ref off! Sumlin would have glared and chomped his gum! The players get their fire from the coach!
Trident 88
AG
OKC~Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

Sumlin was an empty coach
"Empty suit" is the expression, and I agree.
Wildman15
AG
By far the weirdest feeling I've had after a loss. I'm furious. I'm frustrated. But damn am I proud.
texpdx
The fumble call was just pathetic. We score there I think we would have won. I see us still stopping Clemson and getting another score. Clemsons D was gassed.
Stone44
AG
We could easily won that game....we had them on their heels the last quarter. We finished a game for a change. Poor calls and missed field goals was the difference. Nice to see the o-line start to dominate and give Mond time to shread the secondary in the 2nd half. We got a coach and staff that will take us to the elite level.
Agnzona
Mind missed on maybe 2 TDs with overthrows. We certainly had chances.
mrfun83
AG
I wanted to see Jimbo punch Venable in that big mouth of his.
Disappointed, but there's next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.