Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Aggies vs Tigers *****

186,978 Views | 3210 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texas 1836
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
****in fg kicker choked
A New Hope
Upperdeck Critic said:

Great effort on both sides of the ball. Defense is improved. Need improvement on tackling and some DB coverage. Needed a turnover. Fluke interception but need to work on ball security. Fisher is a gameday coach, unlike recent Aggie coaches.
The arm tackling by dbs needs to be corrected. So many missed tackles with dbs diving their shoulders at ball carriers. With the infusion of top dbs next year, the future is bright. This isn't a summy led team. Not even close.
Agsgirl
Seriously need to rethink that left tackle tho. That kind of mess can't continue...
RadAg14
AG
Proud of this team. Jimbo is the real deal
JABQ04
AG
TexAgs91 said:

JABQ04 said:

We beat 'Bama. Book it
We did?!

In the future, smart ass.
philevans
AG
Jimbo did a real job of coaching.
He will fight for the team.
TXlic GIGM61
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Jimbo will have the boys spitting fury for the rest of the season...the SEC West knows it has a fight till the end now
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Venebles can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. The way he negative recruited against us while he was at ou still pisses me off. **** him.
A New Hope
Rongagin71 said:

I want to remind everyone that the missed first FG did not really hurt us so much because our defense held and we took over in great shape after a short Clemson punt...basically we drove down far enough to get the FG we should have had earlier...would have been much better if we had scored a TD on either of those possessions.
Great effort, and Ags should be in Top 25 now,
with a chance to go much higher.
I don't want to move up after a loss. We lost and don't deserve credit for that. But the future is bright. This is a different team. Mond is a different qb.
Agvet12
AG
We got screwed on the 2pt conversion, Ausbon and the other WR were being held prior to the OLine holding...

We got screwed on the touchback ....

That said we had our chances early and couldn't put it away, it's a heartbreaking loss and we need to work on tackling still but this is a very promising future. Damn we're gonna be ****ing good
SRBS
There was a ton of recruits there and they all want to be Aggies now
MaroonMachine
Time for some drinking after the loss... but it's a whole different feeling. I'm feeling hope, for the 1st time in a long time.
1st year coach, and coordinators, different attitude, more physical, and taking the number 2 team to the brink in 2nd game of the new era... look out SEC, and everyone else!
TexAgs91
AG
Aggie87 said:

Wildman15 said:

Swede said:

If we're not ranked tomorrow, there are sips in the Illuminati.
I know we put up a hell of a fight, but I don't see how we become ranked after a loss

if there are other 1-1 teams in the Top 25, why shouldn't we be too?

We just hung 500 yards on the #2 team in the nation, and very easily could've won this game.
Check your BAS
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Chickenhawk
SRBS said:

There was a ton of recruits there and they all want to be Aggies now

You misspelled tigers.
pingpro4
AG
Just look at how Jimbo watched out for his players when he chewed the sh#* out of them... Havent seen a coach on our sidelines like that in a long time
KW Driver
jeffdjohnson said:

I'll say this. If we really are this good then we may have a chance against Bama. A win versus Bama would put us in the drivers seat for the SEC West and thus a playoff spot.

If Clemson is actually as good as everyone thinks they are, then yes, we have a good chance to beat Bama.
Ernest Tucker
AG
I don't think kids want to play for the team that needed the refs to win. We looked pretty damn up and coming out there
SRBS
No I didn't
sharpdressedman
Just another coulda', shouda', woulda' night with a hard fought, gut-wrenching loss being the result. Congratulations to the players and coaches for an amazing, gutsy effort.
GreatSullysGhost
Pretty sure the recruits understand this is game 2 under a new coach and learning a new scheme. They also got to see the best game at Kyle in years while sitting at the epicenter of the loudest place on earth
Jinkies.
Swede
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Aggie87 said:

Wildman15 said:

Swede said:

I know we put up a hell of a fight, but I don't see how we become ranked after a loss

We just hung 500 yards on the #2 team in the nation, and very easily could've won this game.
Check your BAS
That game was/will be watched by everyone who's anyone in college football, even if they all tuned in during the 3rd quarter. If the rankings are as arbitrary as they usually are this early in the season, there's no reason not to put us ahead of Michigan or SC.
rgag12
AG
KW Driver said:

jeffdjohnson said:

I'll say this. If we really are this good then we may have a chance against Bama. A win versus Bama would put us in the drivers seat for the SEC West and thus a playoff spot.

If Clemson is actually as good as everyone thinks they are, then yes, we have a good chance to beat Bama.

I wonder if Mond and our offense is way better than We all thought going in or if the Clemson D, especially pass D, is way overrated.

I kind of think what happened in this game was that Mond got way more confident in the second half and the receivers really grew up tonight. The Clemson DBs were also getting really tired in the 4th. I think Bama is a little better than Clemson defensively.
RAB83
AG
pingpro4 said:

Just look at how Jimbo watched out for his players when he chewed the sh#* out of them... Havent seen a coach on our sidelines like that in a long time
My bride asked, "Who is that?"

"Jimbo."

"I never saw Sumlin doing that."

"Exactly."
Aggie 100 - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, & 2018
RAB83
AG
This is the first time in a long time an Aggie coach seemed just as upset after a loss as the 12th man. Bodes well.
TexAgs91
AG
Swede said:

TexAgs91 said:

Aggie87 said:

Wildman15 said:

Swede said:

Check your BAS
That game was/will be watched by everyone who's anyone in college football, even if they all tuned in during the 3rd quarter. If the rankings are as arbitrary as they usually are this early in the season, there's no reason not to put us ahead of Michigan or SC.
Oh, I agree with you. Just sayin don't get your hopes up.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
AvidAggie
AG
Wildman15 said:

By far the weirdest feeling I've had after a loss. I'm furious. I'm frustrated. But damn am I proud.

Exactly this
Texas 1836
AG
After the game I thoughtt of one of my favorite Aggie quotes -"You better get your licks in now ..."

Our future looks very bright

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.