Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tropical development

14,975 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gordo97
Callate Donnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There has definitely be a tropical development in LA:

arontc09
AG
Bamboo is not wood. Bamboo is grass.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
I just looked at the latest GFS model. I don't see a damn thing.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
crowman2010 said:

agnerd said:

Inclement weather can significantly reduce on a talent gap. I say bring it on!
Or significantly increase the talent gap...
Or significantly keep it the same
peace
S
Has Friendswood been alerted? If so, then this is serious.
ArcheryAg
CoachLB said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I would take it. I am losing 50-100 year old trees on my property. We've had 1" of rain all summer.
i live on the gulf coast. I have had my home damaged twice by hurricanes. Lost every tree. And 80 percent of the homes in my hometown were flooded by harvey and a lot are still not fully repaired. But good luck with your trees!

F**** them trees
Loyalty
AG
Triple-T said:

Remember when we we're going to postpone Fran's game against Texas state because of the supposed Hurricane Katrina 2.0 headed our way?

Fran? Who's Fran? I seem to have vanquished those memories. Maybe its some type of Aggie Football PTSD
Fins Up!
AG
3-1-2
MouthBQ98
AG
Paige, TX. It rains around us, now and then, but never on us. Got 10 acres. Can't water that with a hose.
MouthBQ98
AG
I just want a tropical depression with a few inches...
STX Ag
AG
Jiminy kridmas heaven forbid a guy wants a little rain for his land.
Gunny456
AG
Same here on our place...almost the same as 2011 when cedars died.
Gunny456
AG
" I live on the Gulf Coast".......has it not been since the beginning of time that hurricanes hit coastal regions? You are actually going to run down people who are in dire need of rain? Some of my family live in Rockport and had terrible damage from Harvey. That same people also are ranchers in the hill country and are being really hurt this year due to this drought.
The Dog Lord
AG
queso1 said:

The last time we had a hurricane early in the season with a new coach, we had an amazing year.

Some believe we would have had one less loss had our warmup game not been delayed by a hurricane. Seeing as how we barely won that game later though, that may not have been true.
Traveler
AG
"Tropical development" sounds like something Euro-trash sex-tourists and sailors pick up after a stay in Thailand.
Actionag
I will say my prayers tonight. Weather for football won't be part of them.
Gunny456
AG
The man said he was loosing trees that are 125-150 year old trees. I would not call him in an area that is "common to drought and loosing trees" if the said trees are 125-150 years old. They have not died in that area for all those years and now they are.....
How many storms have hit the Gulf Coast in the past 150 years?
The Guadalupe River CFM flow levels have been at the lowest levels since the 1950's and likewise for the Llano River. Many wells in the hill country (and I am talking Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, NOT WEST TEXAS) have dried up along with many springs and creeks. And with these extreme dry and windy conditions this summer have come wildfires burning houses and barns and livestock.
The main issue I have with asinine comments like F__k your trees is why in the earth would someone say something like that to a fellow Aggie? Would that same man say F __k your house on the gulf coast? I would guess not. Maybe why you dont have an Ag tag? There was a time that Aggies showed respect and caring for other Aggies no matter what and I believe real Aggies still do...at least I sure hope so.
Old Sarge
AG
Gunny's from the Hill Country, obviously. His trees are important to him. Obviously.

Well Gunny, where is the respect from those in the Hill Country for those in the Coastal Areas when you folks wish for "Tropical development" or a Cat1 (seen on these boards many times) so y'all will get some rain? Common comments include "move from the coast, expletive, if you don't want to get blown away or flooded"

Rockport
Port Aransas
Tivoli
Victoria
Houston and surrounding area

VS.

Your trees.

So yeah, we get a little perturbed when people offhandedly wish for tropical development or a Cat1 (Not on this thread but many others over the years)
"Green" is the new RED.
crowman2010
AG
peace said:

Has Friendswood been alerted? If so, then this is serious.
I don't get it?
schmellba99
AG

[Bypassing word filters is an automatic ban. -Staff]
schmellba99
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Old Sarge said:

Here with Coach LB. On the coast. Rode out Harvey. Damaged house property and trees. Tropical systems are not worth it, and people's lives mean more than your trees.

Insert "Well, Bye" to MouthBQ's trees here.

I'll stay dry and intact, thank you. Don't care.

if you are worried about tropical storms, don't own property on the gulf coast and/or evacuate with your 2 week warning we now have, LOL no one is making you stay
And if you are worried about your *******ed trees, don't live in a place that has routine dry spells. Nobody is making you live in a fuggin semi-deset environment. Kthanksbai.
MouthBQ98
AG
You do realize you can have a tropical depression or system that is just a moderate rain event, right?
swc93
AG
They are still suffering from PTSD.

Post Tropical Storm Depression
Gunny456
AG
Sarge.....you are very wrong...if you would read the post I wrote I said i had family in Rockport that was hit very hard by Harvey. I lived in Victoria and still have family in Point Comfort. Yep live in the Hill Country now. And its not about trees. Its about water...and we all need it to live.....every time a new store or subdivision opens up a new "straw" is stuck in the ground that uses a finite water supply up. To replenish that for everybody we need rain.....period.
Secondly I want you to know that three times in my life I have loaded up a skid steer and a front end loader with two trucks and trailers and grapples and have spent weeks helping people clean up down on the Texas Coast and the Louisiana Coast after multiple hurricanes......never asking or receiving anything in return...nor did I want it. Guess you dont call that respect. I did it to help my fellow man. That's what God put us on this earth to do. I have not read that anybody on this thread ever said they were "wishing for a Tropical Storm or Hurricane"...the man who talked about the trees said he could use rain.....and a lot of people can right now in many parts of Texas that are NOT in typical droughty areas. Hell just last week I had a friend in Beaumont who said they needed rain badly. No body is wishing anyone a catastrophic storm with loss of life or property, at least I know of nobody that would. But I have learned that some people who post on here would.
Two months ago we had 6.5 inches of rain in a little less in 75 minutes. In the hill country that causes bad flash flooding. We had never had our creeks ever come up that high and had much property damage of some buildings, equipment, over two miles of fence washed out, drowned livestock etc. No one helped me repair anything......and I chose to live in the hill country. We need rain badly now and many of my neighbors are really hurting and for them I would be Ok with 6.5 inches of rain in 70 minutes again.
I guess I could just take the attitude to tell them to ---k their places.
Meximan
CoachLB said:

WaltonLoads08 said:

Old Sarge said:

Here with Coach LB. On the coast. Rode out Harvey. Damaged house property and trees. Tropical systems are not worth it, and people's lives mean more than your trees.

if you are worried about tropical storms, don't own property on the gulf coast and/or evacuate with your 2 week warning we now have, LOL no one is making you stay
if you are worried about your trees don't live in an area known for long periods without rain. See how easy it is to say somsthing like that? Besides you cannot evacuate houses, trees etc. I evacuated for both hurricanes and Harvey. Still lost a lot of stuff and big money in time and repairs. Most of us live where we do no matter where it is for real reasons. Family, jobs etc.. but everywhere has something. The coast has tropical stuff. North Texas has tornados. Some places in Texas lose trees because of lack of rain.
I'm all for tropical systems as long as they don't develop into all out storms. Mild depressions are good for watering everything from the coast inland without killing people.
Evanhue
AG
[DO NOT QUOTE INAPPROPRIATE POSTS. -Staff]
Gunny456
AG
Ozona, Sonora, Abilene.....those are semi arid environments...I would not call Comfort, San Antonio, Sequin semi desert areas. Did not you ask for some help on the OB couple of weeks ago about putting in some T-Post? Sounds like you might own some land yourself. Don't you ever need rain? Do you wish for Hurricanes when you do? NOT - Neither does anyone else. So you tell MouthBQ98 something vulgar......real classy man.
Cromagnum
AG
beerad12man
AG
CoachLB said:

WaltonLoads08 said:

Old Sarge said:

if you are worried about your trees don't live in an area known for long periods without rain. See how easy it is to say somsthing like that? Besides you cannot evacuate houses, trees etc. I evacuated for both hurricanes and Harvey. Still lost a lot of stuff and big money in time and repairs. Most of us live where we do no matter where it is for real reasons. Family, jobs etc.. but everywhere has something. The coast has tropical stuff. North Texas has tornados. Some places in Texas lose trees because of lack of rain.

I would agree with you if we were taking about a major hurricane and a repeat of Harvey

But we are talking about a possibility of something forming. Doesn't sound to me like much more than some rain storms. Not a major flood waiting to happen

Bring it on
Waltonloads08
AG
schmellba99 said:

WaltonLoads08 said:

Old Sarge said:

And if you are worried about your *******ed trees, don't live in a place that has routine dry spells. Nobody is making you live in a fuggin semi-deset environment. Kthanksbai.
Most of Texas isn't a 'fuggin semi-deset environment'. Most Texans need rain badly. A drought is by definition not normal. If you are truly worried about a tropical storm, the GC isn't a good place to live- they happen often.

https://www.drought.gov/drought/states/texas

Abnormal dryness or drought are currently affecting approximately 19,085,000 people in Texas, which is about 76% of the state's population.

Population in drought numbers are as of 08-28-2018. These numbers update Thursdays at approximately 9am EDT.

aggiepaintrain
AG
bring it
FJB
aggeeme
My horse suffers from heat stroke.
Geriatric Punk
AG
So, is staff going to retitle this thread Gulf Coast v the Rest of Texas?
Life's an endless party, not a punch card.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I would take it. I am losing 50-100 year old trees on my property. We've had 1" of rain all summer.
Ha I never hoped for rain like I do now as a homeowner.
CoachLB
It is gameday and i hate to even post on this but here goes. If you need rain i understand and i hope you get what you need. But understand we have not just lost houses and things but just last fall there was also loss of life.
. The guy who said "just evacuate" well most do. But older people have died during evacuations. Because the loss of lour school buildings our school district have fought the State about days missed etc for months. Kids have evacuated and came back to no homes. Our youmger grades finished school in a church gym. Our older kids are starting school in portable buildings for the most part. As teachers and coaches we took care of peoples kids and then went and tried to get our homes repaired enough to at least live in. We have all taken in animals who people left when they evacuated and never came back. And all this was a small hurricane and later a tropical storm. So please understand when people on the coast get jumpy about any type of tropical stuff. Again, i hope and pray your drought gets broken. I spent a lot of my teenage years on my grandfathers ranch in central Texas. So i do understand. Hope you get what you need

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.