Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arkansas

9,748 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halfastros81
#Mke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really don't see Arkansas being good this season. They've got a bunch of players who are used to runing a slow-paced run-heavy offense, and all of a sudden they're gonna be expected to run a very fast, pass-heavy offense. Doesn't seem like a recipe for success year 1.

HoustonAg2014
AG
How is that pumping sunshine? It's the truth that it's most likely Jimbo's first SEC win right?
Bone6
I expect Morris to be like playing the roulette wheel where overall he produces mediocre, just outside the top 25 type teams, but for a few games each season his offense runs on all cylinders where they look like they can play with anybody on a given Saturday.

We just need to hope those games don't occur against us.
sshm
AG
I think Morris can do ok at Arkansas longterm. As others have said, they probably won't be great next year just because they are switching from a power to the spread. But long term a "finesse" game is probably better for Arkansas.

The power style was the worst possible idea for Arkansas to do as far as metagame decisions go (and that will be the case until one of the traditional SEC West powers of LSU, Bama, and Auburn falls goes into football hibernation). Arkansas is a fairly good recruiter relative to the rest of the country, but it's a below average team as far as the SEC is concerned and is almost at the bottom of the division.

Bielema was trying to out-bama bama when they weren't recruiting anywhere near elite level. A good coach could definitely make Arkansas a good program, but they are never going to have a team that can run the table against the SEC West when they're playing the game the way everyone else does, just everyone else has the horses to do it better.
TxAg76
AG
He'll score points.

Kinda see them becoming the SEC's version of TxTech, where the games offensively are like track meets, and their defense tries to hold on for dear life.
Agsncws
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

I agree we shouldn't chalk it up to an automatic win, because no SEC game is ever an automatic win.

Since we shouldnt chalk it up as a win, what are the consequences if we just go ahead and do it anyway?
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
halfastros81
AG
I think it will take some time for Morris' system to be effective as the talent on hand doesn't fit it. At peak I think he will get them into a position like Leach did at Tech. Capable of upsetting anyone on any given day but not a consistent contender. They might make a run at it every ten yrs.

Those are not unreasonable expectations if
I'm an Arky alumni.
Sbisa Chef
Damn. The zoo is 'tarded tonight.

Apparently no one remembers 2017. Dog Bert if you want, but it took OT and an interception by Armani Watts to beat them.

So if you think Arky will be a stroll, sit the **** down, and just wait it out. Its NOT going to be easy.
halfastros81
AG
Agree. We have outscored them 6 x In a row but it's not as if we have dominated them by any stretch. They found ways to lose to us on several occasions
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.