Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Excited to see Foster play at QB

10,445 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agsgirl
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Foster Tearing it Up!

Probably won't start right away, but this guy is a human highlight reel!!!
zephyr88
AG
Jimbo's got a stable full of QB's...
keysercade
AG
The new redshirt rules should improve QB play over the long term, hopefully get to see him take some snaps early in the season.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Nice!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I wonder even with the redshirt rule if he'll see any action. With Starkle, Mond, and the Blumrick it will tough to see time even in backup time. But I could see him jumping ahead of Blumrick being he's a Fisher recruit.
PatAg
AG
Blumrick will never see meaningful minutes at QB, prediction
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

blasphemy
Rock1982
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Foster Tearing it Up!

Probably won't start right away, but this guy is a human highlight reel!!!

We shall see!
Meximan
OldShadeOfBlue said:

I wonder even with the redshirt rule if he'll see any action. With Starkle, Mond, and the Blumrick it will tough to see time even in backup time. But I could see him jumping ahead of Blumrick being he's a Fisher recruit.

The Blumrick?
mcag83
AG
PatAg said:

We've got to see that top knot out taking snaps on Kyle Field......
Like anyone can even know that.
Stone44
AG
Foster will be our starter by the 5th game.
AgricolaePugna
I don't care who our QB is as long as we get good play out of them. With that said, I look forward to Nick and Kellen this season and seeing Foster in the future. If he can learn the offense he has the skills to take us all the way.
EliteZags
AG
GIVE HIM THE DAMN ROCK

gimme a dice roll between either 4 wins or 11-12 over a guaranteed 8 with Meh McStiff QB
dcAg
Well he was running the spread. Hope he can run a ground & pound.
JPK89
AG
Gonads23 said:

Foster will be our starter by the 5th game.

Username checks out with that prediction.
Fizban
zephyr88 said:

Some good recruits, yes, but not one established starter.

The best case scenario would be for either Mond or Starkel to take a huge step forward and lock down the starting job. I have to think Starkel is more likely given that at least he was showing some flashes by the end of last season and next year will be his third in the program.

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Meximan said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

The Blumrick?
Haha that wasn't intentional but I kinda don't regret it either.
MidTnAg
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

IMO, because of the new redshirt rule, Jimbo will definitely make sure Foster sees some action this fall, especially at Kyle. He will want his QB to get a feel for what it is like to play before 100,000+ Aggies.

This will provide Foster with more motivation to stay at A&M and work harder to improve his skills. I bet due to the RS rule, more fish will play this fall than would have otherwise.
AWP 97
AG
I agree more fish will play but we are also implementing a new O and D and our startes and top backups need as much game action as possible.
selk
AG
Be interesting to see...I personally do not think Foster will play at A&M
MaroonStain
AG
selk said:

Boldest statement on this thread.
Evo
AG
selk said:

I'm of the opposite opinion.
beerad12man
AG
selk said:

Ever? Got to love texags, where we can make bold
Predictions about true fish never playing before they even report for fall camp

The guy can run, Throw, and has major intangibles you are looking for atthe position. What exactly about him is so bad that makes you think he will never play here before fall camp of his true freshman year even begins?
technoviking
AG
beerad12man said:

selk said:

The guy can run, Throw, and has major intangibles you are looking for atthe position. What exactly about him is so bad that makes you think he will never play here before fall camp of his true freshman year even begins?
he might have meant be a major contributor. it's not that far-fetched either. if we truly are recruiting at a great level like this site and other sites have led us to believe, then we should start seeing the kind of attrition we see at great programs at the QB level.

I, for one, really hope Mr Foster stays and excels. more than any other highlight or stat what i liked to hear about foster was taking a winless team and turning them into 11+ win team two seasons in a row. if he showcases that kind of work ethic and skill that allowed him to do that here i think we'll all be wanting to build a statue to the kid when he goes pro.
beerad12man
AG
It's exteemely far fetched and ridiculous to predict it before he even begins his career
Agvet12
AG
technoviking said:

beerad12man said:

selk said:

he might have meant be a major contributor. it's not that far-fetched either. if we truly are recruiting at a great level like this site and other sites have led us to believe, then we should start seeing the kind of attrition we see at great programs at the QB level.

I, for one, really hope Mr Foster stays and excels. more than any other highlight or stat what i liked to hear about foster was taking a winless team and turning them into 11+ win team two seasons in a row. if he showcases that kind of work ethic and skill that allowed him to do that here i think we'll all be wanting to build a statue to the kid when he goes pro.

I'm of the same mold I can see foster end up as a back up his entire career, nothing against him. I think starkel has 2 more years to play, and the kid coming in on the 2019 class is a better total qb than foster (my opinion)
technoviking
AG
beerad12man said:

It's exteemely far fetched and ridiculous to predict it before he even begins his career
of course it's far-fetched, but that's all we're left with when we're in the throes of the off season.

i remember the days of saying we'd have great QB play for a long time when kenny hill was dropping dimes on south carolina, kyle allen was waiting in the wings on the sideline and we were in the thick of the kyler murray recruitment. the reality of what happened thereafter was very far from what a lot of us were wanting or thinking would happen.

i'm not trying to be argumentative, and i think that mr. foster is a fierce competitor that will fight his way to the starting role; but, at this point we're just creating narratives for the future.
technoviking
AG
Agvet12 said:

technoviking said:

beerad12man said:

selk said:

I'm of the same mold I can see foster end up as a back up his entire career, nothing against him. I think starkel has 2 more years to play, and the kid coming in on the 2019 class is a better total qb than foster (my opinion)
if you're talking about malik hornsby as the 2019 kid... that kid is amazing. i really hope we get him.

i don't think i said foster would be a career backup in my earlier post. i just said him transferring is a possibility but that if he stays he could be a great QB.
Agvet12
AG
I used your initial interpretation is all, I can see him or Mond potentially transferring if Starkel starts until the end of his senior year.

Nothing against Foster as a QB, but yes the 2019 kid is going to our future QB. Sometimes it's about luck of the draw, I think Foster had a chance but is sandwiched between Starkel/Mond and the 2019 kid. Just luck of the draw as much as it is about talent and production.
technoviking
AG
Agvet12 said:

I used your initial interpretation is all, I can see him or Mond potentially transferring if Starkel starts until the end of his senior year.

Nothing against Foster as a QB, but yes the 2019 kid is going to our future QB. Sometimes it's about luck of the draw, I think Foster had a chance but is sandwiched between Starkel/Mond and the 2019 kid. Just luck of the draw as much as it is about talent and production.
the beautiful thing about not only having talent at the QB position, but also having a coach with a clear direction of the program/how to evaluate the QBs is that we can trust that the QB that works the hardest and shows the most under Jimbo will be the QB of the future.

It'll be Starkel or Mond. It could definitely then be Foster, or it could be Calzada or Hornsby. only time will tell. Thank goodness we have Jimbo to decide though.
mcag83
AG
selk said:

What algorithm did you use to come up with this??
Like anyone can even know that.
SABUILDERAG
If he does play this year, based on that HUDL video it looks like he will be used to the way our OL pass blocks. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.
Agsgirl
zephyr88 said:

But are THEY stable? Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, and Kylar Murray say "Howdy."
Agsgirl
technoviking said:

Agvet12 said:

the beautiful thing about not only having talent at the QB position, but also having a coach with a clear direction of the program/how to evaluate the QBs is that we can trust that the QB that works the hardest and shows the most under Jimbo will be the QB of the future.

It'll be Starkel or Mond. It could definitely then be Foster, or it could be Calzada or Hornsby. only time will tell. Thank goodness we have Jimbo to decide though.

Agreed. I think Jimbo has that direction and vision. Sumlin lost his vision after Johnny left, but he was the $5 million dollar man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.