Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Northwestern's football facilities

10,549 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Windy City Ag
BBQ4Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Certainly can't hurt with recruiting...

https://sports.yahoo.com/move-clemson-oregon-alabama-northwesterns-ridiculous-new-practice-facility-unparalleled-college-football-220858185.html
Sponge
AG
Are their hot tub and barbershop combined?
vansprinkle
AG
BARBER SHOP!!!
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

In the collegiate space, Northwestern's facility makes the University of Texas look three decades behind

Someone tell Herman to get out his hammer.
Matsui
AG
Very nice!
My Dad Earl
AG

Meximan
There is notably no mention of A&M's facilities. The Northwestern facility is also more all-encompassing than anything Oregon, A&M, or Alabama has, housing many of their sports in one place.

But it is an extraordinary building, to be sure. Good on them and let's see if this finally opens up the purse strings to get BMAs to fully fund the Olympic sports and set aside some cash to facelift the Bright complex in a few years til NO Aggie sport takes a backseat to anyone in facilities.
Olaf
AG
Don't they know it's impossible to have a barber shop in an athletic facility and win championships? Players have to drive off campus to get a haircut in order for a team to be successful.
Jock 07
AG
where are the renderings with the lake frozen over and the surrounding vistas looking like a scene straight out of fargo?
Agvet12
AG
It's gorgeous and completely necessary considering it was snowing up here last month (late April)....
oklacityag75
AG
It is in Illinois! Who the hell wants to go there and dodge bullets without being able to defend yourself? Anything Illinois sucks !!!!
TMartin
Northwestern is loaded with rich alumni many of whom feast on the political environment in the area.
CrottyKid
AG
I hope that roof is super strength and I hope they have good heaters.
BANA89
AG
TMartin said:

Northwestern is loaded with rich alumni many of whom feast on the political corruption in the area.
FIFY
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
TheDraw
AG
Randy Cody said:

Windy City Ag
AG
I lived a few miles up the road from Ryan Field for years and my boys and I would sometimes bike down to games and scalp tickets for nothing in the second or third quarter. The stadium is Floyd Casey-esque circa 1990. This facility is great but you would think they would address the actual stadium as well.

Notice the Tarp on the left side.

akm91
AG
How much of that $270M is for the amenities for football?
The Lost
Windy City Ag said:

I lived a few miles up the road from Ryan Field for years and my boys and I would sometimes bike down to games and scalp tickets for nothing in the second or third quarter. The stadium is Floyd Casey-esque circa 1990. This facility is great but you would think they would address the actual stadium as well.

Notice the Tarp on the left side.

Yeah, they're like Vandy and will never have a huge following even thought they're in a big city. Most Chicagoans are transplants from other colleges and have little to no desire to go to a game or are NFL fans. About the only way they could address this is to go the baylor route and build a small stadium that looks bigger. Doubt they have that kind of money/care though.

It makes me think of CU. Gorgeous area, but no one gives a sheet and stadium is trash.
Tamu_mgm
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

In the collegiate space, Northwestern's facility makes the University of Texas look three decades behind

Someone tell Herman to get out his hammer.
That's a weird comparison to lump t.u. in there as a standard. Alabama, A&M, Tennesse, Ohio St., Oregon, and Clemson all blow t.u.'s facilities in every way out of the water. Those 5 schools are the standard as far as facilities are concerned
Dr Lane Trowlan
Randy Cody said:

That top pic looks like something out of Avatar
TheDraw
AG

Froppe
AG
Jock 07 said:

where are the renderings with the lake frozen over and the surrounding vistas looking like a scene straight out of fargo?
Jah.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Jock 07 said:

My wife and I visited Western Michigan one summer and drove up along the coast, it is a beautiful area with great weather. We were so impressed that we wondered what it would take to live there and looked at local home listings. Almost all the listings had photos of the homes taken in summer with the home bathed in sunshine and blue water views. Then you get to that listing with the guy selling a shack to be used as a base for ice fishing so all of his photos are from winter on the lake. One look at those photos ended the search and quickly cured any thought of living up there.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

It makes me think of CU. Gorgeous area, but no one gives a sheet and stadium is trash.

The only difference is that Northwestern students are intellectual and well-mannered while CU fans tend to bu unshaven, bong-huffing Aholes. That last part is based on my one trip in 1995 to watch RC once again blow a big game. The fans were complete f#$@ing jerks after the game.
Thymes
oklacityag75 said:

It is in Illinois! Who the hell wants to go there and dodge bullets without being able to defend yourself? Anything Illinois sucks !!!!
Typical gun nut reasoning.

There are not many bullets flying in Evanston.
Ag Tag
Northwestern's dynasty begins.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

There are not many bullets flying in Evanston.

Evanston up to Lake Forest is basically one long John Hughes film.Think Weird Science/Home Alone/Sixteen Candles/Ferris Buellers Day Off . . .that is pretty much the vibe.

And people are not really blue in their politics. It is basically Buckley/Reagan conservatives along with Bill Clinton Democrats.
The Lost
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The only difference is that Northwestern students are intellectual and well-mannered while CU fans tend to bu unshaven, bong-huffing Aholes. That last part is based on my one trip in 1995 to watch RC once again blow a big game. The fans were complete f#$@ing jerks after the game.
Fair points. All still valid and the stadium is pretty much in the same shape.

They didn't have lockers for all sports until like 2 years ago.

The people are def smug arseholes who think they are too good for the rest of us not in libtopia (even though its impossible to find diversity in boulder).
PabloSerna
AG
Architectural Renderings are sometimes better than the end result.

Well I take that back... it really looks great!
Chesapeake Ag
Randy Cody said:

That is a stunning facility. Someone with real talent designed that.
PabloSerna
AG
$270 million... now I get it.

If great looking facilities is all we need, we can get Santiago Calatrava to top NW. But it will cost us a pretty penny - let's see if they improve.

PabloSerna
AG
There are other buildings that can impress... I say we flatten Northgate and build something like this:

Chesapeake Ag
The new Kyle is impressive but I think we missed the opportunity to make it truly jaw-dropping, even within the overall design aesthetic. With that said I didn't expect to get passed up by Northwestern.
jja79
AG
Are you saying Kyle Field looks like an old stadium that's been added on to and reconfigured multiple times? Because it does. We did miss the boat.
ontheway
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

I was there in '95 too and you are spot on about that game day in Spades. Booze was sold in stadium and before, during and after the game the fans acted the worse I had ever seen then and since. Frick cu.
ontheway
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.