Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

When are us poors going to be allowed to drink and watch football?

8,907 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Slicer97
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

There is no such thing
False. The vast majority of drinkers are casual and responsible.

But it only takes one or two bad experiences to think Kyle Field does not need booze outside of the suites and clubs.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
strbrst777 said:

"Respondoble" drinkers sitting next to non-drinkers still stink! Same would be true of "responsible" smokers. There is no such thing, especially in a crowded stadium. Common courtesy; case should be closed...petiod!

Krazykat
AG
I hope they don't let us poors drink at Kyle. I went to the game against Arizona State a few years ago at NRG Stadium. Aggies tailgating all day, then go into the game and buy more beer. In my section alone, there were almost two fistfights. Saw a couple shouting matches. Drunk fool by the railing almost fell over. Imagine that during a day game with the sun magnifying the booze effect. No thanks. Too many people can't handle the booze.
Liquid Wrench
That's the game I was thinking of in my earlier post about games at pro stadiums. Some people obviously can't handle it.
DeckMe80
Think back.....what would it have been like if all visiting tu fans had been allowed to drink as much as they wanted during our games?

Case closed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Wrangler said:

I hope they don't let us poors drink at Kyle. I went to the game against Arizona State a few years ago at NRG Stadium. Aggies tailgating all day, then go into the game and buy more beer. In my section alone, there were almost two fistfights. Saw a couple shouting matches. Drunk fool by the railing almost fell over. Imagine that during a day game with the sun magnifying the booze effect. No thanks. Too many people can't handle the booze.

This literally happens at every other game as well.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Why do you feel the need to consume alcohol at a football game?

TXAG 05
AG
Why not?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Why not is not an answer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Because it's fun, grandpa.
strbrst777
Do any of you want to sit for thtee hours next to one or more people who stink, whether it be beer, whiskey or other booze, heaby cologne or old-fashioned BO? I don't!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
strbrst777 said:

Do any of you want to sit for thtee hours next to one or more people who stink, whether it be beer, whiskey or other booze, heaby cologne or old-fashioned BO? I don't!

You should stay home then because all of that currently happens at games.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Champ Bailey said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Underage drinking is a serious health issue in the US. Go wipe snot off your nose punk.
strbrst777
Champ Bailey is no champ...just an inconsiderate jerk.
GinMan
AG
Rich men drink more than anyone else, study finds.....
However, the study also finds that LOLPOORS are more likely to engage in "risky drinking."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/12/news/economy/alcohol-consumption-economy-oecd/index.html

Red Stick Ag
AG
I don't believe you've ever seen me drinking, so how can you say that??
“It is not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, because there is no effort without error; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and at the worst, if he fails, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
TXAG 05
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Ok then. Because it tastes good
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Champ Bailey said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Underage drinking is a serious health issue in the US. Go wipe snot off your nose punk.

I'm not underage, and nobody is suggesting to sell beers to underaged kids.
GreatSullysGhost
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Do you people not know how to bring a flask into a game?

Camelbak
Jinkies.
beerad12man
AG
strbrst777 said:

"Respondoble" drinkers sitting next to non-drinkers still stink! Same would be true of "responsible" smokers. There is no such thing, especially in a crowded stadium. Common courtesy; case should be closed...petiod!
Case closed? Really? So I guess you have such an air tight case that this should be banned at all sporting events? Wouldn't want 2nd hand smell....... Arguing that the smell of drinking is the same as 2nd hand smoke is absurd.

Should this be banned at restaurants? All sporting events? The beach? Just made illegal altogether? Because damn, I wouldn't want to have to smell it there, either.
beerad12man
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Champ Bailey said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

This post makes zero sense in the context of the argument.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Why do you feel the need to consume alcohol at a football game?

Why do you need a gun?

Why do you need a car nicer than a car nicer than a Ford Fiesta?

Why do you need a house with more than one bedroom/one bathroom?

Why do you need a smartphone?

SJEAg
AG
Wasn't there a rumor of a beer garden this year at Kyle like what they have now at Blue Bell? Any truth to that?

Baby steps.
DogCompany74
AG
1) IMHO, It is not coincidental that Kyle Field game day experience is rated one of the highest in the country by visitors because we try to control alcohol consumption.

2) The drinking culture in the SEC years ago got so out of hand, the members decided to ban alcohol sales , expand personal entrance searches , prosecute MIPS and ban re-entry to venues. Sounds like the SEC knows more about drinking in the stands than we do so why would we want to ignore our conference's real world experience?

3) Your " need" to have " just one more" to enjoy a game day should never trump my right to enjoy that same game without enduring your inebriated ideas of "fun". Sports bars are great solution for those who have to have alcohol with their sporting events. They have paid professionals who are legally responsible for cutting your drunk ass off when the ""fun" you are having stops being funny. I didn't buy a ticket to Kyle Field to have to be in a position to tell you that you've had enough " tasting".

4) The university would and should be held liable for the behavior of those attendees of events where they allowed consumption of alcohol. ...particularly if it is profiting from that venture. I think there are any number of attorneys who would love to sue the university , the Board members, the AD in the event that a " fan" harmed or killed someone in a car after being " over-served".

5) From personal life experiences , if you are seriously unable to enjoy yourself without the addition of alcohol, then you have , by most professional definitions , a drinking problem. My sense of Aggie brotherhood would hope that you would deal with that issue rather than asking me to passively enable your self destructive behavior.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
strbrst777
Dog, you covered it so well. Cump and others who favor stinking up my air, take note of Dog's post. And for their info, Kyle Field is not a restaurant or a beach, for crying out loud.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
strbrst777 said:

Cump and others who favor stinking up my air
Someone drinking a beer in your vicinity is that offensive to your nose? Have you ever been around beer in an outdoor environment? It really doesn't smell that strongly at all. Strange take.
OldAg10
AG
The "this is Shiner Country" ad is on the screen while I am reading this thread. Coincidence? I think not!
TXAG 05
AG
Some of y'all would have fit in great with the teetotalers in the early 1900s. No one here is saying that they HAVE to have a beer or drink at the game. It would just be a nice option. There is nothing wrong with having a couple beers while watching football.
Tons of people are bringing alcohol anyway, so the school might as well make some money off of it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
strbrst777 said:

Dog, you covered it so well. Cump and others who favor stinking up my air, take note of Dog's post. And for their info, Kyle Field is not a restaurant or a beach, for crying out loud.

Your air is already stunk up at the game. What a weird complaint.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
DogCompany74 said:

1) IMHO, It is not coincidental that Kyle Field game day experience is rated one of the highest in the country by visitors because we try to control alcohol consumption.

2) The drinking culture in the SEC years ago got so out of hand, the members decided to ban alcohol sales , expand personal entrance searches , prosecute MIPS and ban re-entry to venues. Sounds like the SEC knows more about drinking in the stands than we do so why would we want to ignore our conference's real world experience?

3) Your " need" to have " just one more" to enjoy a game day should never trump my right to enjoy that same game without enduring your inebriated ideas of "fun". Sports bars are great solution for those who have to have alcohol with their sporting events. They have paid professionals who are legally responsible for cutting your drunk ass off when the ""fun" you are having stops being funny. I didn't buy a ticket to Kyle Field to have to be in a position to tell you that you've had enough " tasting".

4) The university would and should be held liable for the behavior of those attendees of events where they allowed consumption of alcohol. ...particularly if it is profiting from that venture. I think there are any number of attorneys who would love to sue the university , the Board members, the AD in the event that a " fan" harmed or killed someone in a car after being " over-served".

5) From personal life experiences , if you are seriously unable to enjoy yourself without the addition of alcohol, then you have , by most professional definitions , a drinking problem. My sense of Aggie brotherhood would hope that you would deal with that issue rather than asking me to passively enable your self destructive behavior.

A lot to unpack here...
Thanks & Gig 'Em
DogCompany74
AG
Not a teetotaler at all, but what experience has taught all of us is that there is an large element of irresponsible drinking at public venues like Kyle Field where enforcement of irresponsible behavior for what you call a nice option falls upon me and others.

Liquor laws exist because abusing alcohol is a fact of life. Your nice option is best controlled in a club or bar not in the stands at Kyle Field.

SJEAg
AG
Is drunkenness a big problem in the Field Boxes? From my view these seem to be club seats in name-only...don't see how the seating or average fan in there is much different than the other season-ticket spots in the stadium.

The worst alcohol behavior I've seen in Kyle Field is the video of the guy puking in the SEZ last year. Guessing that's from shotgunning a million drinks before entering the stadium to make the buzz last the whole game. Probably worse than just offering beer for 10 bucks a pop.
DogCompany74
AG
It is indeed a lot to unload. At the end of the day I don't think the desire of some to imbibe in a relatively uncontrolled environment trumps my right to not endure the resulting actions of your irresponsible decisions. You and everyone else who wants that option don't have the right to determine how much is too much in that venue.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
DogCompany74 said:

It is indeed a lot to unload. At the end of the day I don't think the desire of some to imbibe in a relatively uncontrolled environment trumps my right to not endure the resulting actions of your irresponsible decisions. You and everyone else who wants that option don't have the right to determine how much is too much in that venue.

Ahh, the good old 28th Amendment - the right not to be offended.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
DogCompany74 said:

How is it a relatively uncontrolled environment? It would be completely controlled by the vendors. If they think you are too drunk, they would not serve you. It's relatively uncontrolled right now, because as others have pointed out, people are sneaking in camelbaks full of cheap liquor. That behavior is where you see people fighting and passing out. You start selling beer and wine, and people sneaking in liquor drops drastically.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.