Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

When are us poors going to be allowed to drink and watch football?

8,888 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Slicer97
DogCompany74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From my personal observation there are a significant number of club members who seem to value having ready access to alcohol. I don't know if they use the game as an excuse to drink or they happen to drink more because they feel it is part of the " club" environment. I don't know if there is more public drunkenness than other Club environments but there is a clear demand by an apparent minority of club members who may or may not be embarrassed by their behavior.

The significant difference in my view is that there are club managers and suite owners who have the legal responsibility to control those who overindulge. I
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Aggie64
AG
I probably am a very happy borderline alcoholic, bourbon. However I never drink beer before or during a game at Kyle Field. The reason is simple; I came to watch the Aggie's! Not to spend time in the Men's room!
SchizoAg
AG
The same stupidity and lack of judgement that made you poor, also makes it inadvisable to allow you to drink at games. HTH.
test sig
MouthBQ98
AG
Flashseats, any club section, morning of the game. Cheap good seats with booze option.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

If you let them drink inside, then they will pace themselves better.

Bull***** They'll add on to what they drank in the parking lot.

A substantial number of attendees to games are underage. You would have to monitor sales at the point of sale plus figure out how to keep those of age from buying it for those underage.
AggieDruggist89
AG
beerad12man said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Champ Bailey said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Why not is not an answer.

Because it's fun, grandpa.

Underage drinking is a serious health issue in the US. Go wipe snot off your nose punk.
This post makes zero sense in the context of the argument.
It makes no sense to you because you're not that bright.

He called me grandpa.

So I called him underaged.

You're welcome.
PlanoAg98
AG
That would almost cover 1/2 of Jimbo's salary each year.

$10/beer x 2/game x 25K x 6 games: $3,000,000
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

If you let them drink inside, then they will pace themselves better.

Bull***** They'll add on to what they drank in the parking lot.

A substantial number of attendees to games are underage. You would have to monitor sales at the point of sale plus figure out how to keep those of age from buying it for those underage.

No they wont. They wont pound 3 beers before they go into the game because they know they can buy a beer at the game. They wont be as likely to sneak in liquor when they can just buy it legally in the game.

You act like the last paragraph is some revelationary concept thats never been thought of before. Its just like any other place that sells alcohol. The horror.
GinMan
AG
This thread has gone overboard and had officially become a waste of everyone's time.... Holy **** I'm ready for football season to start so y'all can shut up....
AggieDruggist89
AG
Cheerleaders before alcohol!
TowerAg90
AG
I love my craft beer and vodka but at a pre-game tailgate it's usually cheap Miller Lite. I prefer to be sober at the game bc Im driving back to La Estrella after
Bodhi
AG
I blame jesus and Christianity
Bodhi
AG
Aggie64 said:

I probably am a very happy borderline alcoholic, bourbon. However I never drink beer before or during a game at Kyle Field. The reason is simple; I came to watch the Aggie's! Not to spend time in the Ladies's room!
fify
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Snuck in a flask of something for my first tu game in 85. Otherwise the only time I legally drank during a game was the 99 Sugar Bowl, where they were allowed to sell it. I got a beer in a 32 oz glass and downed it pretty quick, which actually helped to improve my mood since the Big 12 champs were doing no one (other than the Buckeyes) any favors.
Win At Life
AG
jja79 said:

With the renovation I moved from Zone Club to All American Club but beer is $9.50 so I pass. Why would you want to pay that?
So, you pay about $600 per seat to watch each game, but can't stomach the idea of forking over $10 for a beer?

WTF???
twk
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

That would almost cover 1/2 of Jimbo's salary each year.

$10/beer x 2/game x 25K x 6 games: $3,000,000
In all this back and forth between folks who can't stand watching a game without a drink, and those who don't want to endure their company, this is one of the few hitting on the real issue which is likely to decide this: money.

However, you are missing the big picture. Yes, there is money to be made off beer sales to the entire fan base, as opposed to only club members, but you have to factor in what the availability of alcohol throughout the stadium would do to the market for club seats. Would people pay thousands of dollars more for club seats if they could get alcohol everywhere in the stadium? Some would, but some would not, and the share of folks that would opt out of club seats with broader alcohol sales doesn't have to get very large before we end up with a bunch of empty club seats--the revenue from which is crucial to our debt service from the renovation project. I would venture to say that the revenue lost from diminished demand for premium seating would more than offset any profit from alcohol sales throughout the stadium.

So, I think even if the SEC lifts the ban on alcohol sales to the general population, A&M would probably decline to do so for financial reasons.
SJEAg
AG

Quote:

However, you are missing the big picture. Yes, there is money to be made off beer sales to the entire fan base, as opposed to only club members, but you have to factor in what the availability of alcohol throughout the stadium would do to the market for club seats. Would people pay thousands of dollars more for club seats if they could get alcohol everywhere in the stadium? Some would, but some would not, and the share of folks that would opt out of club seats with broader alcohol sales doesn't have to get very large before we end up with a bunch of empty club seats--the revenue from which is crucial to our debt service from the renovation project. I would venture to say that the revenue lost from diminished demand for premium seating would more than offset any profit from alcohol sales throughout the stadium.

This is a pretty good point. Are there any results on how it's gone at Texas? I imagine they had a similar club setup in their stadium, maybe to a lesser extent.

I wonder if beer gardens will be the preferred method...give the masses their alcohol but still keep the perks of the club.
jja79
AG
Heretofore I've gotten a tax break for the donation. Being able to get in the AC periodically is worth the cost to me.

After all day tailgating I don't need any $10 beer.
twk
AG
SJEAg said:

Quote:

This is a pretty good point. Are there any results on how it's gone at Texas? I imagine they had a similar club setup in their stadium, maybe to a lesser extent.

I wonder if beer gardens will be the preferred method...give the masses their alcohol but still keep the perks of the club.

I think the beer garden at Olsen is sort of a trial run for that. LSU is doing something similar in football, if I recall correctly. At Kyle, the club seats really occupy a prime position, so that would still be a selling point even if alcohol were sold elsewhere, but at Olsen, the club seats aren't any better than the ones right across the aisle (the field seats are a little unique, but then you have to put up with dermdoc ), so I think the effect would be dramatic for baseball.
EliteZags
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Do you people not know how to bring a flask into a game?
I've snuck full bags of Franzia into 4 major music festivals within the past year (including Coachella)
Slicer97
AG
Levy can't manage to consistently provide cold water. You really want them trying to manage beer?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.