Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is it bama's turn to deal with QB Daddy

10,814 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Showstopper
playoverruled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The QB daddy disaster appears to have moved to Tuscaloosa.
Playoverruled
chigger
amercer
AG
I think Saban will be ok...
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Their QB won them a NC, I think any coach would take that.
Hamburger Dan
Even if Hurts leaves, I'll bet Saban handles things better than KDS.
MarcAg
AG
I don't think what his dad is saying is that big of a deal or wrong. He said Saban has to do what is best for the program and he understands that and said Jalen has to do what is best for Jalen and he wants to play football. He didn't make any demands.
TexanJeff
AG
I don't think Mr. Hurts said anything that anyone didn't know already.
romanagg11
Wow op, you're going to compare a crappy unproven coach versus a legendary coach.... watch and see how a real leader handles it.
NWE
AG
This post is great. Awesome!
AG
Can you imagine being at a program that is so good, you win a national championship as a true freshman QB, and two years later you're considering transferring so you can get playing time?
cr
Hurts is an average QB. The choice is obvious. Sucks for us.
Jbob88
Jalen Hurts was terrible in the Spring Game yesterday. I felt bad for him. Even saban got caught making fun of him on a hot mic during the game. Hurts was clearly outplayed by the 3rd string freshman QB. Lol
Matsui
AG
Hurts can transfer to Arizona.
C Loves L
4 said:

Can you imagine being at a program that is so good, you win a national championship as a true freshman QB, and two years later you're considering transferring so you can get playing time?
Happens all the time
C Loves L
Jbob88 said:

Jalen Hurts was terrible in the Spring Game yesterday. I felt bad for him. Even saban got caught making fun of him on a hot mic during the game. Hurts was clearly outplayed by the 3rd string freshman QB. Lol
Feels bad for the kid then laughs at him. All in the same post. This is just one of the original ingredients that made the zoo many moons ago.
HUDAT361
Hamburger Dan said:

He will be referred to as KS now
85Photon
AG
QBs make big money. And mommy's and daddy's often can't get the dollar signs out of their eyes and try to run their kid's lives for them. It's bad when Dad was an actual QB and knows the game. It's just really really sad when it's a fat greedy momma who can't let junior live life on his own terms.
Bird Poo
AG
C Loves L said:

Jbob88 said:

Feels bad for the kid then laughs at him. All in the same post. This is just one of the original ingredients that made the zoo many moons ago.
You might want to re-read that post. The poster said he felt bad for him, not Saban.
dixichkn
AG
4 said:

ccolley68
AG
4 said:

Not for nothing, but Jalen lost the championship his freshman year.
NomadicAggie
AG
Jalen's dad is the head coach at a 5A Texas HS (Channelview). I'd bet he knows as much or more about football than our former resident helicopter dad. He knows the deal.
Tomdoss92
AG
quanah
HUDAT361 said:

Hamburger Dan said:

He will be referred to as KS now

DKS
Agsgirl
MarcAg said:

I don't think what his dad is saying is that big of a deal or wrong. He said Saban has to do what is best for the program and he understands that and said Jalen has to do what is best for Jalen and he wants to play football. He didn't make any demands.
Translation: Saban better play my boy, or he gone.
Agsgirl
NomadicAggie said:

Jalen's dad is the head coach at a 5A Texas HS (Channelview). I'd bet he knows as much or more about football than our former resident helicopter dad. He knows the deal.
And....Dad is probably the reason Jalen sought out a school outside of Texas.
tjack16
AG
Considering that one of their QBs won SEC Offensive Player of the Year, and the other just won a National title... I'd say that it's not much of an issue
Foxo
AG
NomadicAggie said:

Not content to fire a man but grind him down with your foot, eh sport.
ashley
Agsgirl said:

MarcAg said:

Translation: Saban better play my boy, or he gone.

You have no idea what your talking about.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Foxo said:

NomadicAggie said:

Not content to fire a man but grind him down with your foot, eh sport.
Who fired Kevin Murray?
NyAggie
AG
sucks to be the incumbent who took his team to two national title games only to get beaten out by the new guy

that has to leave a bad taste in your mouth and be a blow to your pride.

even the best of sorts would have a hard time not wanting to transfer out of that situation

Showstopper
AG
Whether they say it or not, that's basically every QB that thinks they have starter ability is going to do. Even during the Kyler/Kyle year, everyone who was non-dumb basically knew one of them would transfer. (Of course, both transferring was pretty surprising, but I doubt Hurts transfers if he has the job).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.