Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reporter says NFL execs thinks Manziel comeback potential very high

18,251 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Threadbare
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

4 said:

arontc09 said:

I would like to see Kaep get a chance, but I don't think he will. He is working out, but he isn't generating much interest. I can't imagine he has much of a chance as long as there is a suit pending. I think that the whole debacle is a black mark against our supposed freedom of speech, especially after the POTUS publicly discouraged NFL owners from giving him a shot.

Did the government arrest or imprison him for his words or actions?

Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences, only freedom from government persecution.

Jeez, we really need to start teaching civics in school again.

Someone can understand the legal meaning of the First Amendment and still believe the President doing what he can to get people blackballed from a profession because of a viewpoint isn't good for speech and the exchange and recognition of ideas in this country.

Couldn't agree more. Still doesn't change the fact that both what CK said AND what Trump said are both protected by the 1st Amendment.

And it doesn't change the fact that both of them are suffering the consequences of saying dumb *****
EliteZags
AG
Loftin said:

2. Are potential teams convinced that he is 100% sober and 100% committed to football?

I believe he's 100% commited, and I'm 75% sure he's 80% sober
quanah
Dude ain't sober. Comeback ain't happening.
Azariah
AG
quanah said:

How insightful. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
Threadbare
quanah said:

I think he is. I'm hopeful that he can stay that way when the inevitable low comes, as it always does.

I'd ask you why you think so, but, answering would probably be a way to get the thread shut down (though, maybe it's run its course, anyway...)
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
JFF is a patriotic American unlike communist Kaeperdick
DukeMu
Threadbare said:

AGGies0311 said:

-First Round Bust
-Lack Luster Spring Game
-Off the field antics

You can put as much maroon paint on a turd that you want, it'll still be a turd at the end of the day.

He's had way more than just a second chance.

Outside of TexAgs, the Sports World agrees he is a bust.
Very eloquent.

The world, including Texags, agrees he was a bust for the Cleveland Browns.

Regarding whether or not he will remain a bust, the world is divided (obvious from even a cursory review of the media).

In any case, I'm glad we're all rooting for him...
But the Browns are a much bigger bust.
DukeMu
Threadbare said:

Here's an article in German of 5 teams that should take a chance on Manziel (another indicator that no one outside of CS cares).

https://www.footballr.at/news-a-more/nfl/5-teams-die-johnny-manziel-eine-chance-geben-koennten/

They point to the Texans as one of the teams. The money quote:

"Im Falle einer weiteren Verletzung bei Watson, wurde ein "neuer" Manziel, 25, eine erhebliche sportliche Verbesserung gegenber dem 34-jahrigen Weeden darstellen. Manziel besitzt eine ahnliche Mobilitt wie Watson und eine Fahigkeit, fur positive Yards ausserhalb der Pocket zu sorgen. "

Who can argue with that? (lost the umlauts; sorry)

No question Johnny should be the backup instead of Wheezen.
MidTnAg
AG
In order for him to try to get back to what he use to be, HE NEEDS TO PLAY instead of sitting on a bench or even playing a few plays every once in a while.

He desperately needs to go to the CFL for two years where he can regain and sharpened his skills. Then (and only then), will he get a chance to play regularly in the NFL.
Threadbare
One more story about the star power. I understand why people that aren't in his corner get frustrated (except for Aggies). These kinds of articles just grate on the haters.

(Which is why it's so important to link them :-)

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/tv/nfl-draft-a-big-draw-but-not-as-much-as-manziels-draft-year/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.