Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler Murray a Heisman Favorite?

25,306 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bone6
Onionman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone explain this to me? Yes, I know his conference isn't known for defense but last time I saw him play all he could do is run. And being about 5'5" about 150 pounds doesn't make it likely that he can finish a full season.

Last time I saw him play he did score a TD in Madden.

HoustonAg2106
AG
Onionman said:

Can someone explain this to me? Yes, I know his conference isn't known for defense but last time I saw him play all he could do is run. And being about 5'5" about 150 pounds doesn't make it likely that he can finish a full season.

Where do you see him as a favorite?
Right Rigger
He is a favorite. His daddy says so.
Coward Jimbo
AG
They give heisman's to guys who run sideways out of bounds?
phillyag92
AG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Onionman
HoustonAg2106 said:

Onionman said:

Let me clarify...Favorite meaning one of the top candidates not THE top candidate.

2nd highest in Big 12 conference. Sorry, the link I was going to post is from Dallas News...but my computer says it may be a virus risk so I will not post.

Arthur Stilwell
I think he'll put up some pretty good stats in that offense.

Some of you are probably afraid that he might turn out to be a pretty good QB.
Onionman
crosswalk said:

I think he'll put up some pretty good stats in that offense.

Some of you are probably afraid that he might turn out to be a pretty good QB.
Not afraid...and he could have improved. But the guy simply could not pass the ball last I watched him.

His yards will have to come on short passes where the WR does almost all the work. (Unless he has improved tremendously throwing the ball.)
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
He's going to light it up in 2018. Probably pass for over 3000 and rush for over 700
oldschoolcat
AG
Is the DMN the absolute worst website on Earth? Not sure I have ever been able to read a full article without my computer freezing.
Arthur Stilwell
I think your computer is a POS.
clintalmighty
AG
Buceesnuggets said:

He's going to light it up in 2018. Probably pass for over 3000 and rush for over 700

This

He's gonna light it up

Bunch of bitter ex girlfriends on here
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
OU has had 3 QB Trophy winners and a QB heisman runner up in the last 17 years. Kyler has a very similar skill set to Mayfield and will have had three years of college, so It's not out of the realm of possibility that he might be in the early discussion for a Heisman.

I hope he does terrible at OU and gets benched but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a really good year.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Onionman said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Onionman said:

Let me clarify...Favorite meaning one of the top candidates not THE top candidate.

2nd highest in Big 12 conference. Sorry, the link I was going to post is from Dallas News...but my computer says it may be a virus risk so I will not post.

I see him at 35-1 which is the same odds as two defensive players (Ed Oliver and Nick Boss) so more of a long shot really
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
I don't think he should be in the Heisman conversation right now or even anytime before the season. But that dude is about to put up some healthy stats
ironmanag
AG
He is going to suck. He can't take a hit and still lobs the ball like a powderpuff player.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
FCBlitz
The Heisman Race would be a sham if Murray is being discussed. Kid has not done boo.

Let him be exposed to being popped a few times and simple physics will rule the day. He will end up being snapped in half like his dad.
rsf0626
He's gonna be good. Stop hating
Duck Blind
AG
rsf0626 said:

He's gonna be good. Stop hating

Oh, ok.
Agsrback12
Dude won't even last in the bdf. If he does the bdf is even more trash than any of us thought possible.
rsf0626
Stable program, lots of talent, good coaching, weaker conference.....he has all the tools to have lots of success next year
Wabs
AG
FCBlitz said:

The Heisman Race would be a sham if Murray is being discussed. Kid has not done boo.

Let him be exposed to being popped a few times and simple physics will rule the day. He will end up being snapped in half like his dad.
Players rarely get "popped" in the BDF, so he may slide his way to the end of the season.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I remember when there were a ba-jillion posts about him being Manzel 2.0.

You people know who you are.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
jrbaggie
Nothet DA thread
texaggie90
AG
Slider.....
W
AG
OU has a tomato can schedule in 2018. One bad defense after another after another. And then more after that.

he'll put up some numbers if he can stay healthy
Titan83
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

OU has had 3 QB Trophy winners and a QB heisman runner up in the last 17 years. Kyler has a very similar skill set to Mayfield and will have had three years of college, so It's not out of the realm of possibility that he might be in the early discussion for a Heisman.

I hope he does terrible at OU and gets benched but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a really good year.

Please elaborate on the similarities between Kyler and Baker that make Kyler so intriguing.
BleacherRat
W said:

OU has a tomato can schedule in 2018. One bad defense after another after another. And then more after that.

he'll put up some numbers if he can stay healthy
"if he can stay healthy"

I don't think he can/will. One good pop is all it will take.
Gig 'em!
BMX Bandit
He's at 35/1 odds. not even close to being the favorite or one of the favorites. thats the same odd as Ed Oliver.

Gyles Marrett
Is the trophy being changed from a player giving a stiff arm to one starting to slide?
owenfieldreams
Do I think Murray will win the H.T....No. Do I think he will have a successful year...Yes. In 7 games in 2017 he was 18/21 (85.7%) for 359 yards ( 17.1 avg ) & 3 touchdowns. He showed accuracy and he had zip on the ball. He will be surrounded by a talented array of offensive talent and coached by an offensive savant. He brings one dimension Mayfield did not have...great speed. An OU offense with Murray at the controls will do very well regardless of the opposition. Same talented player...better coaching, better scheme
monarch
S
Hell no; give me a reason why he should even be in the conversation before the season starts? Starkle deserves more attention than he does.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Think people forget that the last time he played he was a true freshman playing for spav and sumlin in the sec west

He's 2 years older, playing for Riley and in the big 12 for ou so he doesn't have to face ou
ironmanag
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Do I think Murray will win the H.T....No. Do I think he will have a successful year...Yes. In 7 games in 2017 he was 18/21 (85.7%) for 359 yards ( 17.1 avg ) & 3 touchdowns. He showed accuracy and he had zip on the ball. He will be surrounded by a talented array of offensive talent and coached by an offensive savant. He brings one dimension Mayfield did not have...great speed. An OU offense with Murray at the controls will do very well regardless of the opposition. Same talented player...better coaching, better scheme
In garbage time against Big dumpster fire backups.

His stats will be fine. I could post good stats at OU. However, adversity will hit and he will fold.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Cancelled
AG
Do you guys remember Arizona State? He got hit in the dip can one time and was out for three weeks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.