Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So glad LSU fell for it

20,087 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ArbAg
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

We got them to waste more money that they don't have.

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

LSU athletics nets a profit.

The state isn't paying for this salary. The state has money. The whole "bankrupt" thing was a ploy by the Governor to scare the public into influencing the legislature to pass his legislation/budget adjustments.

Basically after Katrina, LA received a ton of extra funds for rebuilding. Our budget increased dramatically because of this. Once the funds stopped, the budget was at the same level. Therefore, the budget needed to be adjusted back to pre-Katrina days.

We also have plenty of big money donors just like A&M.

You guys lost again to LSU. Deal with it.
Simply not true, Louisiana state government is in dire financial straights and anyone who refuses to recognize that is denying reality. LA has numerous outstanding obligations that have hamstrung the state's ability to provide and perform many basic functions. LSU's campus is a dump (especially relative to its counterparts in the SEC) and is not be properly maintained due to lack of sufficient funding. Seemingly, the only thing LSU cares about is athletics with a special emphasis on football and attempting to compete with Bama.
Your post is 100% false. LSU's campus is very nice and has multiple construction projects going on right now. It is more aesthetic and nicer than A&M's.

I explained the Louisiana state government situation in my previous post. You are throwing out falsities and are completely wrong.

You're obviously team LSU and all your opinions will be slanted that way, which is fine, but you're on the wrong board
USMCAggie96
AG
I'd like to think we only lost the battle but will win the long war with this narrative that A&M forced LSU to financially compromise itself with this rather obscene $2.5m guaranteed to an asst coach, just slightly below the head coach's salary. But the reality here is that LSU went toe to toe against an unconstrained rival and won (psychologically important since we took Chavis from them), keeping a DC who's considered vastly superior to Chavis in every way. What does this mean long term? That Aranda is more valued than Coach O and if you believe Coach O (and most Tigers fans believe this) isn't the answer at LSU, we have basically guaranteed that Aranda is the next HC in waiting in Baton Rouge and to me this isn't a great thing for A&M in the long term bc I believe Aranda is a true rising star.

One good way to view this is the new Fisher regime is bold, going after big fish but damn it hurts to strike out so publicly especially the way the Aggie-hating media spins this and the perception of a big money school trying to buy its way into champion and yet that standard doesn't get applied to the likes of Bama, Texas, Michigan, Oh State, Auburn, etc.
Semper Fi and Gig’ Em!

USMC
Texas A&M Class of 1996
Northern Colorado
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

The state isn't paying for this salary. The state has money. The whole "bankrupt" thing was a ploy by the Governor to scare the public into influencing the legislature to pass his legislation/budget adjustments.

Basically after Katrina, LA received a ton of extra funds for rebuilding. Our budget increased dramatically because of this. Once the funds stopped, the budget was at the same level. Therefore, the budget needed to be adjusted back to pre-Katrina days.

Simply not true, Louisiana state government is in dire financial straights and anyone who refuses to recognize that is denying reality. LA has numerous outstanding obligations that have hamstrung the state's ability to provide and perform many basic functions. LSU's campus is a dump (especially relative to its counterparts in the SEC) and is not be properly maintained due to lack of sufficient funding. Seemingly, the only thing LSU cares about is athletics with a special emphasis on football and attempting to compete with Bama.
Your post is 100% false. LSU's campus is very nice and has multiple construction projects going on right now. It is more aesthetic and nicer than A&M's.

I explained the Louisiana state government situation in my previous post. You are throwing out falsities and are completely wrong.
I live in the real world, not in denial land.
Hard to leave in the real world when everything you said in an entire paragraph was completely incorrect.
Hot Boudin
HoustonAg2106 said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

You're obviously team LSU and all your opinions will be slanted that way, which is fine, but you're on the wrong board
The only opinion I provided was that LSU's campus is nicer than A&M's. Everything else was a fact.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Hot Boudin said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

The only opinion I provided was that LSU's campus is nicer than A&M's. Everything else was a fact.
If you think it's a fact that the state of Louisiana is doing well financially then I don't know what to tell you.

I have agreed with you that LSU athletics is strong financially, but beyond that you're on your own.
Presley OBannons Sword
FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Liucci?
ArbAg
AG
Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

Hard to leave in the real world when everything you said in an entire paragraph was completely incorrect.
Whatever you need to tell yourself --- but, a suggestion, at least do a little research before staking out a position ... LA has billions of exposure in unfunded liabilities, pensions and other obligations (that's an irrefutable fact, not an opinion) and ranks among the bottom five states in fiscal health. While you're at it, examine the funding and resources devoted to higher education versus athletics at LSU, it's truly an amazing revelation relative to its peers.
TCSD84
Building a few buildings isn't the same money as money for athletic salaries. LSU is in deep doo doo financially and everybody knows it.
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

FriscoKid said:

Joke is on them.
Money we don't have?

Whatever you need to tell yourself --- but, a suggestion, at least do a little research before staking out a position ... LA has billions of exposure in unfunded liabilities, pensions and other obligations (that's an irrefutable fact, not an opinion) and ranks among the bottom five states in fiscal health. While you're at it, examine the funding and resources devoted to higher education versus athletics at LSU, it's truly an amazing revelation relative to its peers.
I provided an explanation instead of throwing out lies like you did. LA did cut back on higher education due to budget cuts. The LSU athletic department actually donates money to the University each year.

I never said the state is booming right now, but the doom and gloom picture some of you guys like to paint based on a scare tactic by our Governor a couple years ago is misguided and incorrect.
ArbAg
AG
I'll be your huckleberry, tell me exactly what lie is being told either about LA's or LSU's fiscal issues and perhaps then we can look at some objectively sourced evidence regarding same.
Hot Boudin
TCSD84 said:

Building a few buildings isn't the same money as money for athletic salaries. LSU is in deep doo doo financially and everybody knows it.
haha what?

LSU is fine financially. You guys are still holding onto this scare tactic that John Bel Edwards used a couple years ago saying that LSU football would be cancelled due to the budget crisis. I hated that he said that because misinformed people like many on this board took it to be true.

The athletic department donates part of its surplus to academics each year. I don't know how to make this anymore clear.
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

I'll be your huckleberry, tell me exactly what lie is being told either about LA's or LSU's fiscal issues and perhaps then we can look at some objectively sourced evidence regarding same.
Do I have to explain this again? Aggies are so stubborn. Here is the timeline:
- After Katrina, LA received a ton of federal funding. This caused our revenues and budget to nearly double.
- Once the funding stopped, the revenues returned to Pre-Katrina days, but the budget was not adjusted properly.
- When Edwards became Governor, he used a scare tactic stating that LSU football would be cancelled because they didn't have enough money for higher education. This was 100% a scare tactic. He just wanted to influence what would and wouldn't be affected by the upcoming session in regards to the budget.
- Since then, the budget has been balanced.

LA is definitely not one of the richest states, but is not on the verge of bankruptcy like many on these board are acting. There is plenty of industry here: petrochemical, farming, tourism, etc...that keeps revenues at a nice level.
ArbAg
AG
I got all of that but the fact remains, LA has billions in current unfunded obligations, pension programs and operating deficits with no end in sight. Irrespective of how it was created, it's nonetheless remains a fact and real world circumstance. It would be an insolvent or bankrupt entity in the private sector. So, I ask again, who's really in denial?
PabloSerna
AG
Hey corn dog.. beat it! We could care less about the state Louisiana's finances, much less about your opinion about what is an aesthetically superior campus. If LSU athletics was doing so well, why the ruse by your Gov..? yeah you have money alright... but not Texas money. bite us!
bigtruckguy3500
*couldn't care less
Propofolsu
So poor

We are

Look how poor

we are

Really Really poor

we are
Hot Boudin
PabloSerna said:

Hey corn dog.. beat it! We could care less about the state Louisiana's finances, much less about your opinion about what is an aesthetically superior campus. If LSU athletics was doing so well, why the ruse by your Gov..? yeah you have money alright... but not Texas money. bite us!
Because I was correcting other people's misinformed opinions and falsities.

I explained the reasoning for the Governor's ruse. Are you that obtuse?

We just outbid you for a DC.
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

I got all of that but the fact remains, LA has billions in current unfunded obligations, pension programs and operating deficits with no end in sight. Irrespective of how it was created, it's nonetheless remains a fact and real world circumstance. It would be an insolvent or bankrupt entity in the private sector. So, I ask again, who's really in denial?

You made a false claim and are now talking in general terms and making claims that you have not proven in any way. You have lost the argument and are grasping at straws. I know you guys are accustomed to losing to LSU in many capacities, so it should be pretty easy for you to accept.
ArbAg
AG
Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

You haven't corrected anything but... you have confirmed Cajun ignorance and denial of your own state's issues.
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

You haven't corrected anything but... you have confirmed Cajun ignorance and denial of your own state's issues.
I am not Cajun.

You haven't proven one thing or provided any solid information.
Synopsis
I'm from Oklahoma and all I can say is that Texas ROCKS in just about every conceivable way. Louisiana is right up there with my home state of Oklahoma in terms of being fiscally viable. Hint. That's not a compliment.
FriscoKid
AG

It's time to leave buddy.
gigemags-99
AG
A&M

LSU
Hot Boudin
Yep you got us again. Oh wait:

2011 - LSU 41 A&M 24
2012 - LSU 24 A&M 19
2013 - LSU 34 A&M 10
2014 - LSU 23 A&M 17
2015 - LSU 19 A&M 7
2016 - LSU 54 A&M 39
2017 - LSU 45 A&M 21
45-70Ag
AG
If we spent 2.5 mil on an assistant and had dominated LSU since joining the sec, wouldn't bother me a bit.

The only thing that matters is winning/losing and right now, against them a&m is abysmal
FriscoKid
AG
Hot Boudin said:

Yep you got us again. Oh wait:

2011 - LSU 41 A&M 24
2012 - LSU 24 A&M 19
2013 - LSU 34 A&M 10
2014 - LSU 23 A&M 17
2015 - LSU 19 A&M 7
2016 - LSU 54 A&M 39
2017 - LSU 45 A&M 21

ArbAg
AG
Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

I am not Cajun.

And you have?
Hot Boudin
I didn't reply to you.
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

I am not Cajun.

And you have?
I explained the situation multiple times that you can't seem to grasp.
ArbAg
AG
Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

I am not Cajun.

And you have?
Nobody can grasp Cajun logic but for fellow Cajuns.

That said, congratulations and thanks for proving my point once again. The only things third-world nation Louisiana really cares about is CFB, Mardi Gras and Cajun food (including corndogs) --- nobody can credibly deny that the state has been successful on those fronts.

However, addressing the aspect of denial, what does LA deny?
Oh, just minor problems like the existence of critical crises on numerous other fronts.

So, the collective mindset appears to be that all of us should simply ignore the LA's legacy issues of having a state government fiscal crisis and while you're at it ignore the state's broken education system, woeful transportation / drainage / infrastructure, racism, public health / HIV-AIDS, political corruption, huge crime issues and widespread environmental pollution.

Say, when can we begin discussing CFB and Cajun food again?
Hot Boudin
ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

I am not Cajun.

And you have?

That said, congratulations and thanks for proving my point once again. The only things third-world nation Louisiana really cares about is CFB, Mardi Gras and Cajun food (including corndogs) --- nobody can credibly deny that the state has been successful on those fronts.

Oh, just minor problems like the existence of critical crises on numerous other fronts.

So, the collective mindset appears to be that all of us should simply ignore the LA's legacy issues of having a state government fiscal crisis and while you're at it ignore the state's broken education system, woeful transportation / drainage / infrastructure, racism, public health / HIV-AIDS, political corruption, huge crime issues and widespread environmental pollution.

I am not Cajun. Corndogs are not Cajun food.

Add that to the multitude of things you have been wrong about in this thread.
dudeabides
AG
Louisiana is a leader!

#1 state for syphilis cases (Primary/Secondary and Congental! Wow!).
#2 for chlamydia
#2 for gonorrhea
#2 for HIV

Congrats! That's hot!

CDC STD data

ArbAg
AG
Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

ArbAg said:

Hot Boudin said:

PabloSerna said:

I am not Cajun.

And you have?

I am not Cajun. Corndogs are not Cajun food.

Add that to the multitude of things you have been wrong about in this thread.
Yeah, I've heard all that before, just don't believe your ostrich response.
But hey, whatever you need to tell yourself.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

- When Edwards became Governor, he used a scare tactic stating that LSU football would be cancelled because they didn't have enough money for higher education. This was 100% a scare tactic.
Yes, it was. But that "scare tactic" had an unintended consequence. F. King Alexander got cold feet because of it and LSU lost Jimbo Fisher as HC.
wesnile
AG
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.