Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo's Staff

5,562 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pylon Cam
WhoopN06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't get me wrong I'm all in on the hire. If anyone not named Saban or Meyer can land an all star staff it's Fisher. Do we have any details on how much control/money Jimbo will have for he staff? Will he be able to hire 10+ "consultants" like Saban?

I feel like this is what you pay 75 mill for. The ability to gather the best of the best.
combat wombat™
AG
With $75 million he can pay the consultants himself.
biobioprof
Noles too cheap?

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2017/10/25/florida-state-has-fifth-highest-paid-coaching-staff-college-football/799184001/
Quote:

Florida State has the sixth highest paid assistant coaching staff in college football.
The Seminoles nine assistant coaches combine to make $4,586,000 according to the USA TODAY coaching salary database.

Only LSU, Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Georgia are ahead of FSU.
Cappy407
AG
WhoopN06 said:

Will he be able to hire 10+ "consultants" like Saban?

From what i understand, that was one of the points of contention he had with FSU. They wouldn't left him have all the consultants and analysts. Would be surprised if that wasn't part of the deal.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Jimbo's Staff may equal Moses's Staff

Hoss Bronco
AG
Quote:

Only LSU, Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Georgia are ahead of FSU.
That's pretty good company.
Vinny
From a recruiting standpoint it seems Charles Kelly is a guy we definitely want.
TheWoodsAg
AG
He's going to have all the resources at his disposal to put together his dream staff, whoever it is.
Not_Sure
AG
Per sources (ok, Twitter), Jimbo has only reached out to the following from his current FSU staff:

Odell Haggins - DL / Associate HC
Jay Graham - RB / ST Coord
Tim Brewster - TE / Recruiting Coord

Haggins is a longtime mainstay at FSU, the current interim HC, and has already said he's not leaving. I suspect (hope?!) the other 2 will come with Jimbo. If Jimbo decides to keep Banks (seen this mentioned), there will be some overlap in current roles. Shouldn't be hard to shake out though. Would want Banks on ST, and Brewster as recruiting coordinator and TE.
Not_Sure
AG
Maybe Graham gets the OC title, and Banks could move to RB / ST
Meximan
?c=2
MaxPower
I put this on another thread but Graham recruited Lattimore to SoCar and Akers to FSU (both 5* RB).
hunter2012
AG
I heard his QB Coach has been with him forever, I wonder why he isn't included?
Coog_aTm
Tim Brewster is a monster recruiter. I have an FSU buddy who says his is the best recruiter in the country. I wish we could keep Jim Turner, Banks, Chavis and Price though. FSU has had OL issues for the last several years.
Pylon Cam
AG
We actually hired over 50 assistants for Sumlin (because he requested them) before his last year in Aggieland. We can afford to hire a ton of extra assistants for Jimbo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.