Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chip Kelly - it's time

23,670 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BenFiasco14
JST92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
headshrinker said:

Kelly's retired and loving the easy life on ESPN. Name somebody, other than Bill Snyder, who's completely retired from coaching for a few years, and returned successfully. It's a big gamble.
You are absolutely perfectly wrong. Like so many others, your source is the man in the mirror. Just making S. Up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/05/26/espn-signs-chip-kelly-as-college-football-studio-analyst/102187868/

"Kelly figures to be in demand at the college level when head coaching jobs begin opening next season. Spending a season or two doing television has been a common path for coaches between jobs. Urban Meyer spent a season at ESPN between resigning from Florida and landing at Ohio State. So did Rich Rodriguez after being fired by Michigan and before being hired by Arizona.

"I have been a coach for nearly the last 30 years," Kelly said. "Working in television will allow me to see the game from a different perspective, but I didn't take the job with the intention it will lead to something specific. I love the game of football and working with good, smart people; ESPN presents an opportunity to combine those two things."

We may not hire him...and that will be a travesty - but he will be hired NLT Jan 2018 - and that team will soon be a playoff regular.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Chips a fatty
JST92
AG
JST92
AG
The Salt said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Aggie Rick said:

Chip Kelly is slime and so are you if you would take that cheater
Jackie was a cheater too, and we all loved him.
Yea, but Jackie was OUR cheater. Chip is someone else's cheater. So no thanks.
And RC. And Bear. Oh wait - thats our 3 best coaches ever!?
arontc09
AG
We would have to make a case to the SEC to hire Chip Kelly. They have a default show cause on any coach found responsible for NCAA violations. What case do we have for hiring him? What evidence can we provide that he will not cheat upon arriving here? How long do they bend us over a barrel after we get caught doing something wrong when we hired a known quantity? We would not fare well I promise you. The first inkling of impropriety will cost us dearly.
JST92
AG
Eeyore making s. Up. How did MSU hire Jackie
njohn87
AG
A&M would be hard pressed to find a better coach than Chip Kelly, but I think Chip Kelly has a great chance at finding a better job than Texas A&M.
JST92
AG
Now that's probably true. One can hope though.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bump
StickTogetherAgs
Screw the argument about Kelly's past. If he gives us the best chance to win, then hire him

Ric Clark
How about we bring in Lane Kiffen. He can coach in the SEC West and knows how to win.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
I'm a big fan of the LAAAAANE
JodyMcD96
AG
How soon can Chip be here?
SirDeofWood
AG
Chip Kelly is my First Choice! He is the splash hire that we need.
fieldtrailer
AG
I'm on board with him after listening to him against McFarland about the top 25. He is confident, talks 100 mph, quick to counter points with facts and data. Questioning LSUs place in top 25. Seems to still have the mental part. We need a coach like him who wont back down from the SEC powers. He will at least try to defend his school. Good with media, more importantly, would energize recruits with that enthusiasm. I came away from that bit suprised and impressed with him. Hope he's on the list.
OldArmy91
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

The "walking liability" claim is greatly exagerated:

The punishment Oregon got amounted to a slap on the wrist. 3 scholarships lost, or 1/year for 3 years.

Chip Kelly also got a slap on the wrist. He had just signed a multi-year contract wit the Eagles. 18 months of show-cause was moot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well at least one person understands something the cigar toters don't.

But but but, let's not forget that other legal hurdle keeping Chip Kelly from even getting a look...the required "consultation with the SEC commish":

Texas A&M: "Hello commish, what's going on today?"

SEC Commissioner: "Hey, what's up?"

Texas A&M: "We are hiring Chip Kelly and we're tired of losing."

SEC Commissioner: "Okay, thanks for the consultation. It's about time you made a quality hire."

Texas A&M: "Thanks.....click"

No Ag Tag Ag
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

JST92 said:

We all know people. Some have names on buildings. They don't all say the same thing.

Difference is mine hired Sumlin and put his extension together.

Then yours are an embarrassment to the university and need to STFU. Everyone with an IQ above room temperature knew that the Sumlin hiring was fowl when it went down. JFF's unusual ability concealed their stupidly for only a short time. Salvage what little dignity is left and step aside.

mjfrog
AG
Yes, step aside, because we need to hire the next Howard Schnellenburger like OU did.

LEEEEERRRROOOOYYYY Y JJJEEENNNNKIIINNSSS!
mjfrog
AG
Also, have you noticed Chip Kelly has evolved into Chunk Kelly over the years. Little Debbies?
JST92
AG
Wait a minute. The whole idea of this BMA/Morris stupidity is the DFW BMAs getting their turn to pick their guy. And bayside knows it's Morris because bayside knows these BMAs.

Bayside also knows how much we will or won't spend and how exactly these things are structured because he knows the BMAs who did the Sumlin deal as well as the extension. Thats Houston BMAs.

So...Bayside either knows most Houston AND DFW BMAs AND both groups agree on Morris (which discards the first paragraph)...or Bayside IS FOS.

I know of at least 1 BMA he clearly has never spoken with.

The more I read Baysides posts, the more I find the latter possibility to be inescapable.
JST92
AG
mjfrog said:

Also, have you noticed Chip Kelly has evolved into Chunk Kelly over the years. Little Debbies?

You know how I know you're gay?
I think bayside, rojo and HSAg24 are fake accounts from Texags staff used to drive traffic. No way there are real humans that desperate for attention.
Spyderman
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

JST92 said:

Because looch is right all the time. Stfu.

On stuff like this he is. And when the guys I know are saying the same it's certain.

Chip Kelly has no chance to ever coach here. It will never happen.
Chip Kelly
dude95
AG
Kelly's show cause ended in 2014...but still like a felony conviction to the ncaa.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/programs-may-be-salivating-over-chip-kelly-but-there-are-obstacles-to-his-return/

I'd hire him and put contractual conditions and penalties in the contract that make it tough if a problem is found. May be the only way he gets a big time job. BTW - Tennesee and Floriday are the only teams in our league in the coaching search. Our collective fanbases will argue who is at the top.
JST92
AG
dude95 said:

Kelly's show cause ended in 2014...but still like a felony conviction to the ncaa.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/programs-may-be-salivating-over-chip-kelly-but-there-are-obstacles-to-his-return/

I'd hire him and put contractual conditions and penalties in the contract that make it tough if a problem is found. May be the only way he gets a big time job. BTW - Tennesee and Floriday are the only teams in our league in the coaching search. Our collective fanbases will argue who is at the top.

Arkansas?

If Florida hires Mullen, then MSU?

BenFiasco14
AG
OldArmy91 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

The "walking liability" claim is greatly exagerated:

The punishment Oregon got amounted to a slap on the wrist. 3 scholarships lost, or 1/year for 3 years.

Chip Kelly also got a slap on the wrist. He had just signed a multi-year contract wit the Eagles. 18 months of show-cause was moot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well at least one person understands something the cigar toters don't.

But but but, let's not forget that other legal hurdle keeping Chip Kelly from even getting a look...the required "consultation with the SEC commish":

Texas A&M: "Hello commish, what's going on today?"

SEC Commissioner: "Hey, what's up?"

Texas A&M: "We are hiring Chip Kelly and we're tired of losing."

SEC Commissioner: "Okay, thanks for the consultation. It's about time you made a quality hire."

Texas A&M: "Thanks.....click"

I also think Chip Kelly would fit in the SEC quite well.

And to the poster who was suspecting certain users are trolls, Bayside is a legit poster, but has been known to troll on other boards just for the hell of it. As for HSAg, I think he is who he says he is, but some think he's a Tanya sock
jml2621
dude95 said:

UNC Cheated in basketball for 25 years and got off scot free. NCAA has no moral authority. We would have to decide of Kelly were a good fit. I think he'd do well, but don't believe he'd be hired...although we should have not thrown Jackie under the bus all those years ago...

OldArmy91
AG
The Romanian hoars weren't a troll job
Kentatm
jml2621 said:

dude95 said:

UNC Cheated in basketball for 25 years and got off scot free. NCAA has no moral authority. We would have to decide of Kelly were a good fit. I think he'd do well, but don't believe he'd be hired...although we should have not thrown Jackie under the bus all those years ago...

UNC got off because the so called "fake classes" were available to the student body at large to take. Had the classes in question only been for athletes they would have been screwed as that would be an obvious impermissible benefit.

Yes, UNC was clearly steering athletes to take garbage courses in order to keep athletes eligible. But it's not against the rules to have bull**** blow off courses at your school so long as everyone else can take them.
StickTogetherAgs
BenFiasco14
AG

Third mystery team?

A&M, come on down!!!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.