Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Rumors of OU President David Boren's Retirement

12 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by biobioprof
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Boren has been adamantly opposed to OU joining the SEC. I think it's more about enhancing the academic and available research dollars. I think both OU and U.T. will be in the Big 10 west within the next 10 years.
Highly doubt that. Little value to the rest of the B1G unless the now cash strapped TV networks decide it is. The B1G's conference network deal is with Fox. So is the primary Big XII TV deal. They know the numbers already.

It wasn't worth it in 2011-2012 when Maryland and Rutgers (RUTGERS) was added. Little has changed for the good of the business model that would improve the situation from back then.
superunknown
AG
McInnis80 said:

Boren has been president of the school since 1994. It is probably time for him to take it easy. Literally, he is the last Democrat in the Oklahoma.

Not quite the last democrat...i have a crazy ass uncle who races lawn mowers on the weekends and used to be (maybe still is? ) a "big deal" in the okie Democrat party. Dude had a Sanders '16 sign in his yard. Blew my mind
bbb78
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Boren has been adamantly opposed to OU joining the SEC. I think it's more about enhancing the academic and available research dollars. I think both OU and U.T. will be in the Big 10 west within the next 10 years.

They have a B1G advocate at tOSU after Baker Mayfield went Iwo Jima on the midfield O logo.
John Francis Donaghy
aggiehawg said:

owenfieldreams said:

Highly doubt that. Little value to the rest of the B1G unless the now cash strapped TV networks decide it is. The B1G's conference network deal is with Fox. So is the primary Big XII TV deal. They know the numbers already.

It wasn't worth it in 2011-2012 when Maryland and Rutgers (RUTGERS) was added. Little has changed for the good of the business model that would improve the situation from back then.

Don't forget about the "Tech problem" the Big 10 had a few years ago. If that gets solved, all bets are off.
aggiehawg
AG
bbb78 said:

owenfieldreams said:

They have a B1G advocate at tOSU after Baker Mayfield went Iwo Jima on the midfield O logo.
Yeah, beating the crap out of Ohio State really makes them clamor for OU to join the conference...said no one ever.
aggiehawg
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

aggiehawg said:

owenfieldreams said:

Don't forget about the "Tech problem" the Big 10 had a few years ago. If that gets solved, all bets are off.
OU has a tu problem. ESPN owns the LHN, not Fox. Forget the Pokes. They cannot and would never be a traveling partner to the B1G, But that is another reason why the Big XII survives as the "New Big East" as a P5 conference. They will have to backfill with Houston, Memphis, Cincy and Colorado State at some point. (Best guess as to which programs get the nod to join once the CCG after the round robin bites them in the butt.)
C3 Gert Cattle
WHO CARES!!!!
FJB
AG
Such a boren topic for the A&M football board.
Who is John Galt?

FriscoKid
AG
pedro_martinez said:

Such a boren topic for the A&M football board.
B+
AggieTFA06
AG
I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone blame Kyler Murray.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone blame Kyler Murray.

I heard he was on the short list for Boren's replacement, but has now decided to take a desk job at Nebraska.
owenfieldreams
K YLER has a full time gig...backing up Baker and preparing himself to be the 2018 starting QB. He actually leads Baker in passing efficiency in O.U.'s first 3 games. He's finally getting good coaching.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FriscoKid said:

This is just weird.

She looks like she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose and would enjoy every minute...
R E L
AG
superunknown said:

applemac_g4 said:

Link to Article...

At least one rumor I've seen has Boren retiring, the AD taking over his role, and Stoops coming back as the AD (which would take him off the table for a HC position)...

...they're being very tight lipped about it though. I'm assuming it's not something totally out of left field like OU leaving the Big 12 and kicking off the next round of realignment.

Lmao that sounds like some shidhole 1A high school move in south Texas rather than a state university.
which makes it right on par for a university in oklahoma
aggiehawg
AG
owenfieldreams said:

K YLER has a full time gig...backing up Baker and preparing himself to be the 2018 starting QB. He actually leads Baker in passing efficiency in O.U.'s first 3 games. He's finally getting good coaching.
Uhmm, well, good luck with that. <snicker>
FriscoKid
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

FriscoKid said:

This is just weird.

She looks like she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose and would enjoy every minute...
There really is actually something wrong with that picture...

and go.
owenfieldreams
There's no luck involved with KYLER getting better coaching. The facts speak for themselves.
biobioprof
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.