Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin doesn't take responsibility. Again.

12,135 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ian Neff
Loyalty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ian Neff said:

Thanks for your tone. Recognized and appreciated.

Consider the following quote from the article:

"Protection was an issue," Sumlin said. "I thought Kellen played very well the first couple of series. They changed (their defensive scheme) and we couldn't ... for whatever reason. Not whatever reason, I know what reason. Our protection didn't adjust and then we weren't able to run it as effectively as we've been able to.

"Everything starts up front. It starts with our offensive and defensive lines."

That's an objective review of the primary issue that needs attention. I don't know what else you'd expect him to say. It's basic football and the guys assigned to the task literally accidentally tackled their own QB. I mean damn, what's he supposed to do with that? I've never been to a practice but I'm certain they don't have the OL performing drills to tackle Hubenak.

People like the OP are looking for anything to justify their hate. It's fine if they want him gone Bc of the 8-5s. But quit making nonsense up.
People like the OP are looking for anything to justify their hate.

"Hate?" Really. I just merely pointed out a national broadcaster's take that Sumlin seems to be "going through the motions" and that I felt he never if ever says "this is my responsibility" to make sure the players are playing 100% or to fix a problem during the game. Hate?

C'mon
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Good call. "Hate" is absurd use of language on my part. Edit coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.