Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Write Sumlin Letters of Support

10,575 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fightinag
peace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Groveling, seems to fit here. "we" are not implicated other than the posting of the letter by Mrs Sumlin, so nothing is due from the masses of aggies. If she had not posted, this would have gone quietly into the night, and that is what or how it should have been handled.
BanderaAg956
Hell No - I'll write him a thank you note when he beats LSU and competes for an SEC Championship or when he packs his office!
TAMUallen
AG
I support Sumlin leaving.
fightinag
Dead Man Walking
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Fightin Ag491
Guys, have a little humanity for a second. He received a letter threatening his family over a football game. Whether you want him here or not, Aggies should support other Aggies.
azhector72
No support
He is arrogant, condescending, and doesnt play to win
Why do I support him again??
Lateralus Ag
AG
Fightin Ag491 said:

Guys, have a little humanity for a second. He received a letter threatening his family over a football game. Whether you want him here or not, Aggies should support other Aggies.

I, and many many Ags, over the last six years have supported Sumlin by watching his team religiously, going to games, buying $24 chicken wraps, and continuing to do so after all the poor coaching we have seen.

I figure he gets plenty of support already.
fightinag
Fightin Ag491 said:

A ccepting & M ediocre
RGLAG85
AG
I already wrote him a personal note earlier this week, even hand delivered it, but it was shared on social media and that was embarrassing!

I'll never make that mistake..... What? What? Too soon?

Come on people, lighten up! It was one despicable letter that has triggered way too much attention. If KS doesn't already know that 99.99999999% of the Aggie family condemn this stupid action, have given him and his family immeasurable amounts of support and he will only be evaluated on his coaching ability, we have a more serious problem.

I'm sure this will trigger some though.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Fightin Ag491 said:

You do know he is not an Aggie right? He is an employee of Texas A&M which will end soon enough. That being said it was wrong to send that letter.
Memphis 7
I think the millions he's made at tamu should be sufficient.
Craigy
Quote:

Ya well she needs to learn that having a husband that makes 5 million per year comes with certain obligations one of which is not to make his employer look bad.

At least she did not want her kids to see the letter ... which is why she posted it on social media.

Times eleven billion....or something like that
Ag4coal
The letter was trash. We get it and all of us wish it never happened. But I have a feeling that if we sent a million letters of support it would get 0 posts on social media and, therefore, might as well not exist.
RGLAG85
AG
Ag4coal said:

The letter was trash. We get it and all of us wish it never happened. But I have a feeling that if we sent a million letters of support it would get 0 posts on social media and, therefore, might as well not exist.
If you wrote a letter and no body read it, is it really a letter?
fightinag
Maybe....just Maybe Sumlin wrote the letter or had someone do it to take attention away from his ineptitude.

Hmmm
BanderaAg956
Fightin Ag491 said:

He is not an Aggie and he has never been an Aggie and he will never be an Aggie! If he was, he wouldn't have screwed A&M as badly as he did!
romanagg11
**** no, we aren't the guilty party here... condemning it is enough as the A&M president has done.
Cy_Tolliver
CrazyDayDuck said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

Rock1982 said:

MallalieuAg said:

I'll never understand what the Sumlins expected to get out of publicizing the letter. All they did was hurt the people that pay them. For all they know the letter could have been written by a whorn or bear or tcehtard, etc.

Put yourself In her shoes. Not your own logic and your emotional response to the loss.

You've probably never been the spouse of someone in leadership will under fire. It was an emotional response. She loves him. I would have preferred that she handled it differently, but I absolutely understand her reaction.
Ya well she needs to learn that having a husband that makes 5 million per year comes with certain obligations one of which is not to make his employer look bad.

At least she did not want her kids to see the letter ... which is why she posted it on social media.
well idk about others, but if I opened a letter addressed to my dad when I was a kid I'd get the belt.
Shanked Punt
I will fully support Sumlin writing a letter of resignation. If he needs assistance in any way writing a letter of resignation, I will help him out in any way possible.
OrygunAg
AG
Need cote to write kev a note of encouragement
old yeller
AG
If I send him a nice letter will his wife post it on Twitter?
FDT 1999
AG
Sorry, I don't send letters to other dudes.
Ronnie Mund
This is such a gay idea.
Inspector Javert
So you want us to lie?
TMK
No, he needs to go
CrazyDayDuck
Cy_Tolliver said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

Rock1982 said:

MallalieuAg said:

I'll never understand what the Sumlins expected to get out of publicizing the letter. All they did was hurt the people that pay them. For all they know the letter could have been written by a whorn or bear or tcehtard, etc.

Put yourself In her shoes. Not your own logic and your emotional response to the loss.

You've probably never been the spouse of someone in leadership will under fire. It was an emotional response. She loves him. I would have preferred that she handled it differently, but I absolutely understand her reaction.

well idk about others, but if I opened a letter addressed to my dad when I was a kid I'd get the belt.

Yep.

Neither of my kids have ever opened a letter addressed to me. Heck, my wife doesn't even do that except on rare occasions.
Seanzy2012
AG
Write Thank You cards to Johnny instead.
TexasAggie_97
AG
I think I will write Sumlin a letter telling him I would support him offering his resignation and is apologies for not doing what he was paid 5 million per year to do.
Fightin Ag491
TexasAggie_97 said:

Fightin Ag491 said:

You do know he is not an Aggie right? He is an employee of Texas A&M which will end soon enough. That being said it was wrong to send that letter.
So by that logic, then Bear Bryant was never an Aggie. Jackie Sherrill was never an Aggie. RC Slocum was never an Aggie. Am I understanding that correctly?

Glad y'all think it's ok for a guy to get letters threatening his family over a football game. Keep taking yourselves way too seriously, guys
Muy
AG
So because we want him fired, you believe that means we support that vile letter.

Hyperbole much?
dirty dan
I'll write him a letter supporting his prompt departure. "And take chief with your dumbazz"!
geoag58
AG
Stagecoach said:

Hey Sumlin: get a dog!!

And while you are at it, get one for his wife.
zafzo
Uncle said:

No
That's a lot of blue stars for a 3 day old rook account. Well done!
Greg Costanza
AG
He's a multi millionaire off of us......you don't have to worry so much about his feelings
Big-D
AG
I strongly support our coach finding a new team, college or pro. I wish him the best in his interview and hope he does so awesome they offer to buy him out of his A&M contract!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.