Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Write Sumlin Letters of Support

10,522 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fightinag
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We win 9 games this season and I'm all in.
Stumpknocker
Our coaches never get hired away by another school in any sport.
old yeller
AG
Stumpknocker said:

Guess you don't follow hoops
AGHouston11
AG
No
hill59
AG
Aggie 59 Aggies have and are making it so difficult for our Aggie coaches to recruit. CHANGING COACHES so often is not the answer. Back off and give the coaches support. It makes it almost impossible to recruit because of our own AGGIES. This has been a problem for forever. We are the Problem! BACK OFF AND KEEP OUR COACHES AND SUPPORT THEM. A program can NEVER be built as long as many Aggies make it so difficult for the coaches to recruit at a high level.

hill59
AG
Aggie 59 Aggies have and are making it so difficult for our Aggie coaches to recruit. CHANGING COACHES so often is not the answer. Back off and give the coaches support. It makes it almost impossible to recruit because of our own AGGIES. This has been a problem for forever. We are the Problem! BACK OFF AND KEEP OUR COACHES AND SUPPORT THEM. A program can NEVER be built as long as many Aggies make it so difficult for the coaches to recruit at a high level.

GLynn D Hill
agenjake
Maybe we should bake him a pie.

Cy_Tolliver
Pay me $5M and you can send me whatever hate letters you want. I'll even hang them up on a commemorative wall. I'll be sure to take them under advisement as I lounge in my heated infinity pool bourbon in hand.
gA_CMAB_FA
Cy_Tolliver said:

Pay me 5 million and you can send me all the insulting letters you want. I'll laugh all the way to my vacation home in Bermuda.
This is probably not far from the truth with a lot of the rich, very well-off folks.
TangoMike
hill59 said:

you bumped a 2-month old thread to post this? twice?
GoodOldAgs
Fightin Ag491 said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

Fightin Ag491 said:

Guys, have a little humanity for a second. He received a letter threatening his family over a football game. Whether you want him here or not, Aggies should support other Aggies.
You do know he is not an Aggie right? He is an employee of Texas A&M which will end soon enough. That being said it was wrong to send that letter.
So by that logic, then Bear Bryant was never an Aggie. Jackie Sherrill was never an Aggie. RC Slocum was never an Aggie. Am I understanding that correctly?

Glad y'all think it's ok for a guy to get letters threatening his family over a football game. Keep taking yourselves way too seriously, guys

Correct. You aren't a real sip either.
GoodOldAgs
hill59 said:

GLynn D Hill

LOL. Out-of-touch, senile Old Army blaming the fans. Color me unsurprised. Ironically, he's right. He IS the problem.
My Dad Earl
AG
NM
Ex-liberalag12
Moses25 said:

Whether you want him here next year or not, it would be a good way to show support for the team and head coach, while quieting the narrative that we agree with the jack ass that wrote the letter.

Class....
trm94
AG
We could always make him a plate of cookies as a going away present
Agristotle
AG
Well posting that letter on twitter sure changed the focus from blowing a 34 point lead in 20 minutes, but I am sure that was just a coincidence.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Dear Coach Sumlin,

Bless your heart. Win out or GTFO.
bero88
Dear Kev,

Play Nick.

Sincerely,

The Zoo
AggieConvert16
padreislandagfan said:

He's been getting plenty of unearned support up to this point.
You people act like he was a victim of a physical attack or something. He had a nasty letter from a singular nutjob sent to his home.
Throw it away and get over it. Sac up.
Snowflake

See this statement really shows how blind so many people are around here.
This link is from Richard Spencer's first trip to A&M and short of all the media attention in Charlottesville, he was going to be back. He had 400 or more at his first rally on campus. So the "Singular Nutjob" obviously has a little company around town" It's really hard to fix a problem when you can't admit you have one.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/347113-richard-spencer-shows-the-legacy-of-jim-crow-at-texas-am
VanZandt92
Stumpknocker said:

Bob Davie
americathegreat1492
VanZandt92 said:

Stumpknocker said:

Bob Davie

I suspect he meant head coaches. Last one to be hired by another school was what, Sherrill? Maybe Frannie if you count division 3 schools. Last one to be hired away by another school (i.e. not fired by us first) was...Bryant??
Turk Turkleton
AG
Since he said any sport, Billy G to Kentucky.
mpaggie06
AG
Someone in his circle is good enough at writing letters already- I'm sure he's got the letter writing covered.
jenks
AG
Fans who want to keep Sumlin are not deeply desiring greatness. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results after 4 years without JF is pure insanity. More Sumlin is not the answer.
dcbowers
AG
Turk Turkleton said:

Since he said any sport, Billy G to Kentucky.

Mark Turgeon to Maryland.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
welborn
Man, they sure tracked down that person that mailed it to them quickly. Amazing how speedy investigations get handled these days!
TangoMike
welborn said:

Man, they sure tracked down that person that mailed it to them quickly. Amazing how speedy investigations get handled these days!

There was nothing to investigate. "Or else" is not a threat. Saying inappropriate things is not illegal. What would be the charge? First degree being rude?
Foxo
AG
Who do I write to request that the BOR member (who must have been drunk) be removed from the Board?

And who do I write to ask that the Athletic Director be fired?
fightinag
Dear Kevin Sumlin,
Don't let the doors hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Sincerely,
Fightinag
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.