Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Over/under 7

10,410 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What would you say if I said we are going to win more than 10 games this year?
SECTAMU#1
My guess is A&M will be 6-6 this year.
Lateralus Ag
AG
What?
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Over
Farmer84
Lateralus Ag said:

I'll have what your drinking.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Farmer84 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

I'll have what your drinking.

I always drink the same thing, for better or worse.

John Jameson and Sons. Irish Whisky.
Mbooyazz
We are Aggies, it doesn't matter how many wins we get....we will still say we are the best, and we will still be made fun of for it. That's what we do. Everything around it, recruiting, qb's, coaches, directors, boosters....all just side show and drama...accept it and Gig Em Ags. Expecting anything more is immature and shows a lack of experience and bad perceptions.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Mbooyazz said:

We are Aggies, it doesn't matter how many wins we get....we will still say we are the best, and we will still be made fun of for it. That's what we do. Everything around it, recruiting, qb's, coaches, directors, boosters....all just side show and drama...accept it and Gig Em Ags. Expecting anything more is immature and shows a lack of experience and bad perceptions.

I thought I was cynical.
HoustonAg2014
AG
The Sumlin argument of keep or fire has been this biggest tug and pull for me. He has been in the top 10 at some point every year since he has been here I believe which is impressive. We have however fallen from those rankings in 4 of the last 5 years. The SECW record is NOT good enough. 7-3 against a weak SECE is mediocre. He has been great in opening day games but for the most part those teams start of top 15 and then have average to bad seasons. My judgment is on regular season power 5 opponents because I can't give a coach credit for beating Prairie View and those type of teams.

Sumlin most likely gets 2018 to COMPETE for an SEC championship or he is gone. That would be with a record of 8-4. In 2018 he would have a seasoned OL, DL, and RB plus a second year QB hopefully, and a seasoned group of linebackers hopefully. Unless a candidate emerges that is a no doubt take, I just cannot see us making a change. Sumlin has made some pretty good hires and has had to adjust his style of play the last 3 seasons to more of an SEC style football. I think people fail to realize that Johnny played backyard football half the time for 2 seasons, so the offense was not a true reflection of how our offense would be and that screwed up the adjustment and learning curve for Sumlin.

Not trying to make excuses for him just stating that you kind of have to look at the first 2 years and realize that we were not seeing a true Sumlin offense. I have been impressed with the transformation of the run game this past season at least the first half of the year. The passing game? Not so much at all. I think it's terrible...
Wicked Good Ag
Lateralus Ag said:

I would say the basketball board is one forum lower
W
AG
W said:

as posted before...

the 3 pillars of the Sumlin era have been:

1. winning the marquee September non-conference game
2. beating Arkansas
3. beating South Carolina

and once again all 3 of these pillars will be tested in the first month of the season. If any of them should fall so to speak...the 2017 season could go downhill in a hurry
so the first pillar has fallen --- not a good sign

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.