Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How to watch Aggie Football using Roku

9,364 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redjalapeno-87
OrygunAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brice3 said:

I have SlingTv and rabbit ears and can watch all of the Aggie games. Rabbit ears covers CBS games and SlingTV Orange plus the $5 sports package gets you all the ESPN channels (including SEC Network). Way cheaper than cable, but make sure your internet package allows for 500+ GB of data downloads per month and has fast enough speed for HD streaming.

This what we have been doing for several years and works great...
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Brain fart above, of course UCLA will not be a CBS game as it will be a UCLA/PAC tv property, so yes Fox or FS1/2.

The only true cord cutting is an antenna. All other is some variant of cable just the delivery system is different, but it is better, cheaper, and more purposeful tv watching.

SlingTV (which is Dish Network owned) is independent of Roku, you can have Sling and just watch in your phone or pad.

If you go with ROKU, I can't stress enough that if at all possible connect the Roku via an Ethernet cable. That essentially make your Roku a cable box and the picture is perfect, doesn't buffer, etc. Otherwise be sure you have really strong signal and fast wifi, and you may still have some issues.
AgsMyDude
AG
Never had issues with my Roku via WiFi. Then again I'm running 250 mbps
redjalapeno-87
I "cut the cord" in 2010. My LG Big Screen has on-board software for a DVR, so I added a 500 gig USB hard drive and installed the LG DVR software. So I record the CBS games on DVR via rabbit ears. I have never had an issue finding live streams.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.