Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel's Fight Back to the Top

18,124 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sq 17
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

You're still in HS. What I posted was not an attack against Johnny.
You are correct. I interpreted it as a general attack at our 2013 Team as a whole, but I may have interpreted your comment incorrectly.
AGGies0311
It was a joke, Johnny is the only reason we won that game, or any game for that matter while he was here. He had the heart to win on the field.
Pylon Cam
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

It was a joke, Johnny is the only reason we won that game, or any game for that matter while he was here. He had the heart to win on the field.
I agree with you there. I was probably just upset from the other comment. I apologize for getting mad about this one.
Radiant
AG
Ag Tag said:

Lateralus Ag said:

No one knows where he is going to end up.
We will eventually!
I hear the Texans starting job is open...

http://gigemgazette.com/2017/01/22/five-potential-nfl-landing-spots-johnny-manziel/
StickTogetherAgs
Go Johnny go
TX scallywAG
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

2/7Marine0311 said:

You're still in HS. What I posted was not an attack against Johnny.
You are correct. I interpreted it as a general attack at our 2013 Team as a whole, but I may have interpreted your comment incorrectly.

Bob Uecker
Johnny and Sean Payton fixin' to party in New Orleans
fightinag
StickTogetherAgs said:

Go Johnny go
,,,,,,,,to Canada
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Radiant
AG
fightinag said:

StickTogetherAgs said:

Go Johnny go
,,,,,,,,to Canada
At this point I'm torn between which is more likely, Johnny spending a year in Canada or him making a practice squad. I'd still lean towards the NFL given how bad the QB position is.
Anodyne
Good luck Johnny
2thFixinAg
The greatness scale resets when go into the NFL.
He's never been great there. Not even average. He's been below average.

He will never be great in the NFL. Doesn't have the head for it.
Radiant
AG
Show me the data
Trillary Clinton
John The Football
VikingNik
AG
374 yards against the Steelers with complete dog poop around him.
hangman
I think for a rookie quarterback in the NFL he wasn't actually that bad. Like many have said no QB has done well recently with that organization.

I would say he was average to above average with what he had. He probably partied the night before those games too; even more impressive.
Al Bula
AG
Azariah said:

2012 was the best. We win the MNC if not for that stupid hurricane.
it is sad that so many Aggies cling to 2012.
Ian Neff
AG
RPM said:

Azariah said:

2012 was the best. We win the MNC if not for that stupid hurricane.
it is sad that so many Aggies cling to 2012.

I'm sorry, what else are we supposed to do?

We glorify the past when the future dries up. That's what we do.
grl38
AG
who in the NFL will gamble on JFF to stay sober and study the game? would anyone on this sight who owned a pro team actually take him with so much other talent available?
Johnny will never play again in the NFL.
Seriously77
Falling from grace, I failed love ones and myself a few times but each time I picked myself up, I was wiser and stronger.

He is still young, he still has a lot of quality yrs in front of him.

I hope he continues to pull himself up by his bootstraps and press on with the good fight.

Might as well.

CoachC16
AG
grl38 said:

who in the NFL will gamble on JFF to stay sober and study the game? would anyone on this sight who owned a pro team actually take him with so much other talent available?
They'd have literally nothing to lose in inviting him to camp to see what he's got left in the tank. If you're Houston, Denver, San Francisco, and the Jets why wouldn't you take a flyer on the kid? I haven't seen the talent pool for QBs this low in a very long time.
PatAg
AG
grl38 said:

"so much other talent available"

are we talking about the same qb crop in the nfl?
Sq 17
Jff needs to take the Flutie , Warren Moon path and play a few seasons in the CFL
if he is successful a team that needs a QB will give him a chance

Roster spots and practice time on an NFL team are too valuable to give to a player with JFF's reume and track record
ViralAg
PatAg said:

grl38 said:

"so much other talent available"

are we talking about the same qb crop in the nfl?

There are a lot of less talented QBs who, despite their lesser talent, will actually do the following things: show up to practice, watch film, do their workouts, not mouth off to the media, not smoke weed in instagram pictures, not get drunk before games, and not do cocaine.

If Johnny can keep it together until May or June of 2018, maybe somebody will give him a shot. No GM in their right mind would take him right now.
CoachC16
AG
Can't say I agree. We've seen so many cases of teams giving guys second to third chances. Greg hardy with the Cowboys, Mike Vick and the eagles, Randy moss & the pats, etc. now granted all of those guys I listed were absolute ballers on the field so it's gonna be up to JFF to prove whether or not he's still got the talent
Sq 17
all of the guys you named proved they were NFL caliber talent and had other issues but they had proved they were good enough to be pn a roster
JFF failed to prove he was an NFL caliber player the situation he was put was not idea he was not given multiple chances to prove himself other players were given better situations

that being said the Browns ( his employer ) gave him a failing grade and other teams decided the browns were right. NFL gms like their job and dont want to risk getting fired by giving JFF a chance and have it blow up in their face
CoachC16
AG
Which is exactly what I said if you go back and fully read the comment. What I will say though is that his second year in the league he showed flashes of greatness. Threw for 375 against the steelers, 300 against the 9ers, and ran for 110 against a top 10 chiefs defense. It's an uphill battle from here on out to be sure, be he's showed flashes of the type of player he could be when he has his head right
2thFixinAg
Radiant said:

Show me the data
14 Games played.
Completion rate under 60%. ~57%
7 TDs
7 INTs
7 Fumbles.

2x a chance per game of a TO as opposed to a TD.

CoachC16
AG
There's a lot more to consider when your placed in a situation as bad as he was though. Had absolutely no supporting cast around him. Read the article OP attached. At the end of the day everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just think it'd be a bit foolish to close the door on him just yet.
Sq 17
If there is an owner who loves Manziel and will tell him GM go get him despite the on field shortcomings and off field legal hassles only then would JFF will get a look
Short of an owner demanding it JFF had his shot and
he needs 3 more td s and 5 less turnovers for most gm s to consider bringing in him ( it would also help if JFF was 6-2 and 210 pounds )

this is like the discussion of is JFF among the all time greats
many things to love about his career but 4-4 at home in conference play keeps him out of all time great territory
7 tds vs 14 to's probably keeps him from hetting another chance in the nfl

hope he finds a CFL gig plays well and gets another chance but short of an owner over ruling his gm JFF wont get another look
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.