Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Say a prayer for incoming Sr. Yell Leader

19,548 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yell Practice
Dr. Mephisto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I took my family to see Ken and his family a few nights ago. He was too out of it to see us, so we visited with his wonderful mom. Ken must be the kind of guy that inpires loyalty and friendship, because we met one of his friends who had flown in just for 24 hours to see him. There were apparently lots of visitors prior to our arrival. I would venture that The Belden Family can be credited with the outpouring of support in this difficult time. They must have lived lives that inspire such a response. Would that all families lived as such. Frankly, it's just the type of good people I was taught that Aggies were before I attended A&M. Good to see it still lives.

And now I'd like a word about being an Aggie, and what the Spirit we sing about really means.

We took the family a few things, snacks, magazines, diversions while they spend those long hours while people we love are under care. If youve been there, you know they are long hours while you wait for doctors, news, updates. Ken's mom was gracious and strong. She greeted us warmly even though she carried the obvious weight on her heart. Our family didnt know them prior to the update I read on Texags. I wore an Aggie shirt to let her know where our concern was coming from. She, who is not an Aggie, was blown away by the response and care and prayers coming their way. She told us of other strangers coming just as we had. The only thing they knew was that a fellow Aggie had a need. There were expressions of concern and love and prayers coming from everywhere.

So much so that one of the nurses asked her who her son was for so many people to be coming and asking.

I love that the answer is simple, but still a mystery to any who never joined the beautiful Aggie Family. I don't want it to be a mystery to them . . . Instead, I wished more of the world understood and operated in the way that Aggies expect of themselves . . . Respect for family, friendship, camaraderie, honor, integrity.

The answer is that he is an Aggie.

He's part of a brother and sisterhood that lives in beautiful separation from the understanding of others. We choose to do the things that make us stand out, not because we are better, not from arrogance, conceit, or disdain. It's what Aggie are. We choose family. We choose Spirit. We choose to love our own.

And we show it.

I want to see Ken out there leading yells next year. To his family and those closest to them . . . and to all Aggies . . . that will be a great and important day, a symbol of what he has had to overcome to stand on that field under thousands of Aggie voices, the soul of the 12th Man.

God bless the Belden Family.

God speed Ken's healing and recovery.

And God keep the burning Spirit alive in all who wear the Aggie Ring, or ever called themselves Aggies.

We are the Aggies.

The Aggies are we.
Yell Practice
God bless the entire Belden family.
Yell Practice
"I want to see Ken out there leading yells next year. "

YES !!
PrincessButtercup
AG
Dusty in here.
Yell Practice
Get well Ken
StickTogetherAgs
T&P
adk9595
AG
T&P! Get well soon!
Yell Practice
rwtxag83
AG
Man, incoming Aggie Band commander dies in tragic auto accident, now this. Wow.
Yell Practice
Very Sad indeed. We continue to Pray for Ken.
Yell Practice
Yell Practice
ttt
Astrobo
AG
Prayers sent. God guide his doctors and comfort his family.
CajunAggie
AG
Praying for Ken, his family and his doctors.
cazadore
prayers sent.
Yell Practice
Praying for Ken to be back leading yells soon.
Yell Practice

Incoming Texas A&M University yell leader Ken Belden is recovering in a Colorado hospital's intensive care unit after sustaining injuries in an all-terrain vehicle accident earlier this week.

Yell Practice
Keep praying for Ken to return.
BQ17
I hope this guy pulls through.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
T&Ps
Yell Practice
Yell Practice
Still Praying for Ken to return soon.
peace
S
It has been almost a month since the accident, praying and hoping there might be some positive news coming soon of how Ken is progressing. Keeping his family and close friends in prayers as well as medical team helping him.
Did some checking public sites and learned Ken is doing well, thankfully!
Yell Practice
Johnna has been in contact with the Belden family since she began the GoFundMe account and said the Belden's have been amazed by the support they are receiving.

"The biggest thing I want everyone to know on behalf of his family is just how grateful they are for all of the calls texts the Facebook and Twitter messages everything they have received," Lee said. "They are completely overwhelmed with gratitude for the Aggie family."

Praying for Ken to Recover quickly.
cupofjoe04
AG
praying for the young man and his family
Yell Practice
Keep praying for Ken. Is there a current update.?
Yell Practice
Incoming Texas A&M University yell leader Ken Belden is recovering in a Colorado hospital's intensive care unit after sustaining injuries in an all-terrain vehicle accident earlier this week.
Belden -- who was elected to serve as a 2017-2018 senior yell leader alongside the other members of 5 for Yell in February -- was in Lake George, Colorado, for spring break with friends when the accident occurred, according to a Facebook post shared Tuesday by his mother, Danielle Belden. He was transported by helicopter to a hospital in Colorado Springs, where she said he underwent several hours of surgery Monday night.
According to a messaged shared by class of '55 A&M graduate Robert Winckler, the accident resulted in a concussion, a broken back, three broken ribs, a broken collar bone, two pelvic fractures and a collapsed lung.

Danielle Belden wrote that her son's friends "did an amazing job getting him help" and that she is "so thankful it was not worse."
"Getting him up and walking is the next challenge, but he is ready and in good spirits," she wrote.
In an interview with Texas A&M's student newspaper, The Battalion, just after his election as a yell leader, Belden shared that he was honored to be able to serve the student body.

Cant Think of a Name
AG
Did you just ask for an update and then provide it yourself?
Yell Practice
Was just looking for some new information.
agz win
AG
Thanks for the update.

Can you provide contact mailing information for those interested in sending him cards and stuff? He's probably bored up there and needing Ags' encouragement. Thanks.
Yell Practice
Yes, and additional current information has been requested. Thanks --
Yell Practice
ttt
Yell Practice
We will continue to Pray for Ken's Recovery. Hope it is Soon.
Purple Parrot
Get well soon
Yell Practice
A current update would be very helpful to keep up with Ken. Thanks
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.