Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What happened to the thread "Why...

26,290 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bottlehead90
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

FWIW, just because people say something doesn't bother them doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

FWIW, just becasue people say something doesn't bother them doesn't mean they were lying EITHER!

The FACT my friends "didn't care" that he departed and the FACT that our defense hasn't noticably improved says "MORE" than your post.
HoustonAg2106
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

FWIW, just because people say something doesn't bother them doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

FWIW, just becasue people say something doesn't bother them doesn't mean they were lying EITHER!

The FACT my friends "didn't care" that he departed and the FACT that our defense hasn't noticably improved says "MORE" than your post.
No it says more about the talent and depth that LSU has had compared to what we have...and your little group of drinking buddies don't represent how an entire fan base feels just because you say so.

LSU fans were obviously frustrated with their team in 2014 and 2015 so they were probably open to any changes anyway, but I just find it hard to believe their fans were fed up with Chavis after he avearged a top 10 defense for 6 years running...Chavis only left because he knew Les was going to be fired in the next year or two.
whatthehey78
AG
Quote:

No it says more about the talent and depth that LSU has had compared to what we have...and your little group of drinking buddies don't represent how an entire fan base feels just because you say so.

LSU fans were obviously frustrated with their team in 2014 and 2015 so they were probably open to any changes anyway, but I just find it hard to believe their fans were fed up with Chavis after he avearged a top 10 defense for 6 years running...Chavis only left because he knew Les was going to be fired in the next year or two.

Well since you admit "LSU fans were OBVIOUSLY frustrated" and "they were probably open to any changes" regardless whether you "find it hard to believe"...I personally know many openly declared their not caring Chavis left for A&M and may...very well indicate "how an entire fan base feels" regarless whether I say so or you chose to deny it.

I understand...you instead chose to protect/defend the Chavis' hire. Probably because you want him to be the savior he hasn't yet proven to be. If the difference in coaching defensive "fundamentals/technique" demonstrated by less talented KSU players didn't register with you the other night...I can't hope to enlighten you.

After his being onboard for two seasons, more/new "talent and depth" isn't going to fix poor technique, lack of execution, missed assignments, broken tackles, wide open receivers, inability to 'get off blocks', can't stop the run or get themselves off the field, etc., etc., etc. Face it, when it comes to defense, the basics continue to be MIA, and in the end...coaching hasn't done its job. The 'old man' at Kansas gave us a lesson in the basics...but it probably flew 'over our staff's head'.
Agsrback12
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

Well since you admit "LSU fans were OBVIOUSLY frustrated" and "they were probably open to any changes" regardless whether you "find it hard to believe"...I personally know many openly declared their not caring Chavis left for A&M and may...very well indicate "how an entire fan base feels" regarless whether I say so or you chose to deny it.

I understand...you instead chose to protect/defend the Chavis' hire. Probably because you want him to be the savior he hasn't yet proven to be. If the difference in coaching defensive "fundamentals/technique" demonstrated by less talented KSU players didn't register with you the other night...I can't hope to enlighten you.

After his being onboard for two seasons, more/new "talent and depth" isn't going to fix poor technique, lack of execution, missed assignments, broken tackles, wide open receivers, inability to 'get off blocks', can't stop the run or get themselves off the field, etc., etc., etc. Face it, when it comes to defense, the basics continue to be MIA, and in the end...coaching hasn't done its job. The 'old man' at Kansas gave us a lesson in the basics...but it probably flew 'over our staff's head'.

I wonder how much freedom Chavis would have had to replace assistants? I know from Sumlin's past, he has not been willing to fire his buddies. He also hooks them up. McKinney and Spav were just handed the keys to the offense after KK left. He had to be pressured to get rid of Spav. Replaced him with another buddy.

I don't believe that Chavis prefers working with guys who taught terrible techique under Snyder and now he is depending on them to stop people. You know, the guys who teach technique and fundamentals?

Chavis coaches linebackers and he shoulders the blame for LB play. But he is the only one who is working with almost zero talent. We have DL and DB talent.

That or maybe Chavis isn't great without a boat load of talent. I just find it strange that of all the years Chavis has coached he chose to finally start working with guys he has never worked with before.
HoustonAg2106
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

I get that the last two years for Chavis have not been his best, I just would like to know how you explain the 15 years of high level SEC success that Chavis had before that. To say he doesn't know how to coach basic fundamentals is inherently wrong given his career as a whole. No he has not been the savior, but he is not the problem either.

And I'm done talking about your LSU friends, unless they are in the national championship every year all they do is complain anyway.
Jock 07
AG
So who's leaving tomorrow?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Jock 07 said:

So who's leaving tomorrow?

Haha nice pivot
Jock 07
AG
It's Wednesday
Aggielandma12
AG
AgEngineer72
AG
Saying that a few LSU friends represents that entire university may be like saying the TexasAgs zoo represents all of Texas A&M.
Mike Elko
AG
AgEngineer72 said:

Saying that a few LSU friends represents that entire university may be like saying the TexasAgs zoo represents all of Texas A&M.

We do.
Sharpshooter
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

AgEngineer72 said:

We do.
whatthehey78
AG
Quote:

Those are YOUR words. I never stated a few represented all...BUT, it's possible (even conceivable) that a few could be representative of the majority...in fact ONE could be resentative and align with the majority. Never mind that NONE, not one of my LSU friends expressed concern over his leaving.

As for those who doubt Chavis' having lost his touch as a DC just when he reports to A&M after successfully heading so many campaigns elsewhere...only one poster has considered the possibility that his subordinates might have been the REAL power (influence) behind the throne. He didn't hire his subordinated here...but I find it unlikely that he as DC would 'sit by' and ignore obvious deficiences on the part of 'his' staff...especially GIVEN his 'purported' expertise.

This team cannot get off blocks, cannot tackle or wrap up RB's or WR's, cannot lock down an offense or cover wide open receivers and there's a reason for that. This season, they've supposedly played two 'extra' games on defense because they couldn't get of the field until the other team had put points on the board. There's a reason for that. I refuse to blame 'talent' or 'dept' as the ONLY reason(s). K-State certainly doesn't have better or deeper talent and yet, they make tackles and get off the field on 3rd down. Why???? Because they execute the basic fundamentals of defensive football and more often than not...shut down their opponent. They are THE EXAMPLE of good coaching...A&M, not nearly as much!

My point...if you accept a pay check - EARN IT or go home!

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
This thread is all over the place.....

Let's just hear who's leaving already
MSFC Aggie
AG
Who's leaving release time?
Agsrback12
It would be great if it was anybody but Chavis, Mazzone, Banks, or Turner.

If it's one of those above, then yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

Hopefully it is a couple defensive assistants and WR coach.
Prophet00
AG
It's Jackson. Source heard it firsthand, and i do not believe he is being reassigned.
Thisguy1
It's been pretty known that Jackson is either leaving or being reassigned. That wouldn't affect players/recruits leaving and the timing wouldn't be bad.

If it's Jackson, the guy that started the original thread was being overdramatic
MSFC Aggie
AG
Maybe there's another shoe?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
We really need to invest in a shoe rack or something. All these shoes dropping in the offseason have put a real damper on the program.
cevans_40
AG
WGAF what the fans say/said. They also were happy when they got Steele.
AgCanuck07
AG
So.......
Aggielandma12
AG
We find a Rojo sock?
MSFC Aggie
AG
Wednesday's getting a little long in the tooth
GigEmMortis
AG
It was obviously Speedy, guys. He was off the field enough that maybe OP thought he had transitioned to the coaching staff.
class12of
AG
If you guys think these "rumors" that popped up today are just a coincidence, y'all aren't as good at putting pieces together as I thought.

Things are playing out (mostly) as I was told.
Thisguy1
So you're saying Sumlin is going to Minnesota?

Bold move.
Mike Elko
AG
class12of said:

If you guys think these "rumors" that popped up today are just a coincidence, y'all aren't as good at putting pieces together as I thought.

Quit jerking us around and just write it. With WRs leaving, I'm guessing it's Moorehead.
Prophet00
AG
I know that Jackson was fired, not sure on anyone else.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

I can't speak for an entire fan base, but it seems to me that LSU's problems then and even now have been on the offensive side of the ball, not defensive. When Chavis was there LSU was a top defensive team year in and year out...the difference is the talent level drop off when he left LSU to come to A&M...give him time.

Time is something chavis won't have here. He either gets the defense together in 2017 which catapults us to a 9+ win season thus saving sumlin's (and his own) job, or this whole thing gets blown up and we have a completely new staff for 2018

As for my opinion on chavis thus far; color me unimpressed and I can see why the LSU buddies were not concerned over him leaving

Their talent level is so high that who the DC is doesn't matter much

IMHO if we make a change for 2018 we should keep an eye on Dave stands for HC

He did great things with Wisconsin talent and he's a bob stoops in waiting
HoustonAg2106
AG
NyAggie said:

Quote:

I can't speak for an entire fan base, but it seems to me that LSU's problems then and even now have been on the offensive side of the ball, not defensive. When Chavis was there LSU was a top defensive team year in and year out...the difference is the talent level drop off when he left LSU to come to A&M...give him time.

Time is something chavis won't have here. He either gets the defense together in 2017 which catapults us to a 9+ win season thus saving sumlin's (and his own) job, or this whole thing gets blown up and we have a completely new staff for 2018

As for my opinion on chavis thus far; color me unimpressed and I can see why the LSU buddies were not concerned over him leaving

Their talent level is so high that who the DC is doesn't matter much

IMHO if we make a change for 2018 we should keep an eye on Dave stands for HC

He did great things with Wisconsin talent and he's a bob stoops in waiting

By give him time I meant a third year, this is definitely the last chance for this coaching staff to win 9+ in the regular season
cevans_40
AG
class12of said:

/revision/latest?cb=20121220225324
Thisguy1
class12of said:

So you agree if nothing happens in the next two hours like you said, then you'll tell us what you heard, right?
theeyetest
Let's see. 3 WR's have left the team in the last three days or so. That's about the only thing I've seen "play out". According to that, Moorehead must be on his way out.
vander54
S
But I thought this was supposed to be a horrible thing that happens.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.