Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What happened to the thread "Why...

26,300 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bottlehead90
Agsrback12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Banks has been expected to go for a while. If it's him, it's not a surprise. If it's any defensive assistants, it's a blessing. If it's Moorehead or McKinney, it's a blessing.

Losing Chief, Turner, or Mazzone would be bad for 2017. Losing anybody else would help, not hurt.

It would be awesome to find out Sumlin was taking the Colts job. At least I think, as long as we are not good ole boying Sumlin 2.0 right behind him.
sharpdressedman
Addition by subtraction is a proven concept.
Wb71
Has it been announced?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Does this relate to the Noteable shakeup thread on premium?
Mort Rainey
cevans_40 said:

class12of said:

At the risk of being deleted a second time...

Not exactly what I said.

Originally posted: This is why we can't have nice things. Timing is everything.

I assume this week will shed light on what I'm talking about. That is all I will say.

Why don't you shed some light or don't say anything at all.
Because the OP doesn't actually have any inside info and is simply an attention *****
Thisguy1
No
class12of
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

I have not had premium for awhile, so I am not sure what this is in reference to.

I will also add that a previous poster on this thread is on the right track. Either they have info as well or they have picked up on the situation. Well done.
class12of
AG
GeorgePlimpton said:

cevans_40 said:

class12of said:

At the risk of being deleted a second time...

Not exactly what I said.

Originally posted: This is why we can't have nice things. Timing is everything.

I assume this week will shed light on what I'm talking about. That is all I will say.

Why don't you shed some light or don't say anything at all.
Because the OP doesn't actually have any inside info and is simply an attention *****
Yes. It is my dream to be lauded by anonymous posters on the internet. . . .

I was told info (which I hope doesn't happen) and shared my frustrations on it here. You can believe it or not. Your choice.
Mike Elko
AG
Dammit if it is in fact Turner.
whatthehey78
AG
IMO, Turner is the 'only' staff member that would actually 'impact' players (or performance)...AND...cause the OP to feel or express frustration/displeasure over the news. Hope my 'guess' is wrong, as I too would be saddened by his leaving. Personally, I think the rest of the staff could leave and cause less 'negative' impact on players and their performance....especially new or prospective recruits
TexasAggiesWin
S
One good/terroble thing about TexAgs is that certain posters will post any and everything they hear. Who gives a **** about credibility when you can think you are and feel awesome on a message board!
Cynical_Texan
AG
whatthehey78 said:

IMO, Turner is the 'only' staff member that would actually 'impact' players (or performance)...AND...cause the OP to feel or express frustration/displeasure over the news. Hope my 'guess' is wrong, as I too would be saddened by his leaving. Personally, I think the rest of the staff could leave and cause less 'negative' impact on players and their performance....especially new or prospective recruits
Chief leaving would be the bigger issue concerning our recruiting class.
Drake aTm
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

No. That thread was about recruiting.
WestHillsAg
AG
Informative thread. Would read again.
whatthehey78
AG

Quote:

You 'may' be right...BUT, I'm no longer convinced he's the 'cat's meow' and beginning to understand LSU's lack of concern when he left. Def still can't tackle...even when ball carrier's in their grasp, i.e., two years on the job and they remain fundamentally inept and that responsibility rests directly on the current DC.
Cynical_Texan
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

You 'may' be right...BUT, I'm no longer convinced he's the 'cat's meow' and beginning to understand LSU's lack of concern when he left. Def still can't tackle...even when ball carrier's in their grasp, i.e., two years on the job and they remain fundamentally inept and that responsibility rests directly on the current DC.
Definitely understand that.

The stat shown in the bowl game that our defense has played 3 more games worth of plays than the SEC normal is part of the issue as well. Which semi falls on the OC. How many times did we yell "RUN THE F'ING BALL" at the TV when Mazzone would pass on 3rd and 1 or 2? Midway through the season and our defense had already played a full one.
class12of
AG
Wednesday
millertime40
class12of said:

Wednesday
So you are saying we are losing a coach, but not sumlin, darn
Snap E Tom
Prophet00 said:

My guess is Larry Jackson. Players love him, but you can't deny that S&C has been a big issue over the season.
I couldn't deny it, but now I do. That three weeks to rest before the bowl game is a strong clue that there are bigger problems than S&C.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
The reason we cannot have nice things is because of threads like this one.

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
HoustonAg2106
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

If you remember when this happened, LSU had anything but a lack of concern....they are still arguing in court over his departure.

In hindsight they had the talent to hire a new DC and not lose much ground, but trust me LSU was not happy that Chavis was leaving.
Texmid
AG
millertime40 said:

class12of said:

Wednesday
We are replacing Sumlin with that girl from the Munsters?
MSFC Aggie
AG
Quote:

but trust me LSU was not happy that Chavis was leaving.
The school was not happy.......but the fans were happy, no?
bert harbinson
AG
Texmid said:

millertime40 said:

class12of said:

Wednesday
We are replacing Sumlin with that girl from the Munsters?

Funny, even if wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

If you remember when this happened, LSU had anything but a lack of concern....they are still arguing in court over his departure.

In hindsight they had the talent to hire a new DC and not lose much ground, but trust me LSU was not happy that Chavis was leaving.
Alleva threw a hiss fit when Chavis left. LSU fans were shocked, miffed and then the sour grapes "third and Chavis" crap started. Chavis saved Miles' job for nearly two years because the fans could focus on Chavis' supposed shortcomings instead of Miles'.

Doesn't matter that much at this point. (lawsuits notwithstanding).
HoustonAg2106
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

Quote:

but trust me LSU was not happy that Chavis was leaving.
The school was not happy.......but the fans were happy, no?

I can't speak for an entire fan base, but it seems to me that LSU's problems then and even now have been on the offensive side of the ball, not defensive. When Chavis was there LSU was a top defensive team year in and year out...the difference is the talent level drop off when he left LSU to come to A&M...give him time.
Uncle Jimbo
Agsrback12 said:

Banks has been expected to go for a while. If it's him, it's not a surprise. If it's any defensive assistants, it's a blessing. If it's Moorehead or McKinney, it's a blessing.

Losing Chief, Turner, or Mazzone would be bad for 2017. Losing anybody else would help, not hurt.

It would be awesome to find out Sumlin was taking the Colts job. At least I think, as long as we are not good ole boying Sumlin 2.0 right behind him.

Losing Banks would be devastating. He's our best assistant on staff.
Agsrback12
Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

I'm not sure an expected move is deviststing. I thought he would have moved on a year ago. Beyond that, it would have been devistating if we were winning 10 games a season and he left before we made the jump to 12 wins. It doesn't matter at all because this season is a wasted year.

We are just waiting for it to become cheaper to move on from a failed good ole boy hire and extension to the next one.
Uncle Jimbo
Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

I'm not sure an expected move is deviststing. I thought he would have moved on a year ago. Beyond that, it would have been devistating if we were winning 10 games a season and he left before we made the jump to 12 wins. It doesn't matter at all because this season is a wasted year.

We are just waiting for it to become cheaper to move on from a failed good ole boy hire and extension to the next one.
Spin it however you want. He's one of the best ST coaches in the country and (sadly) one of our better recruiters. He's the type of guy who would be great for the next coaching staff to keep on.
Agsrback12
Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Spin it however you want. He's one of the best ST coaches in the country and (sadly) one of our better recruiters. He's the type of guy who would be great for the next coaching staff to keep on.

That's a good point but I don't think he is going to wait around. Unless the new coach was going to promote him. I'm sure he is going to get a promotion if he leaves.
Uncle Jimbo
Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

That's a good point but I don't think he is going to wait around. Unless the new coach was going to promote him. I'm sure he is going to get a promotion if he leaves.
Promotion to what? Nobody is going to make him an OC or DC. He's been a special teams guy his whole career. He's either bailing for another special teams job in a more stable situation or getting a HC job at a lower tier school.
Agsrback12
Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

Agsrback12 said:

Promotion to what? Nobody is going to make him an OC or DC. He's been a special teams guy his whole career. He's either bailing for another special teams job in a more stable situation or getting a HC job at a lower tier school.

Getting a HC or OC job at a lower tiered school is a promotion. It allows himself to establish himself in a more prominent role.

It would be a bad look if he made a lateral move. Negative recruiters would eat that up.
whatthehey78
AG
FWIW, my LSU friends couldn't care less that Chavis left for A&M and wouldn't take him back if he were available. Administration and or AD may have had a different opinion, but numerous fans were relatively vocal implying, "it was no big deal" and in fact they "didn't care".

Could be, "they" as a fanbase were fed up with Les and perhaps his entire staff, who became caught in the spill of frustration??? Can't say for certain...but the fans I know, weren't concerned and verbally expressed exactly that.
aggiehawg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

FWIW, my LSU friends couldn't care less that Chavis left for A&M and wouldn't take him back if he were available. Administration and or AD may have had a different opinion, but numerous fans were relatively vocal implying, "it was no big deal" and in fact they "didn't care".

Could be, "they" as a fanbase were fed up with Les and perhaps his entire staff, who became caught in the spill of frustration??? Can't say for certain...but the fans I know, weren't concerned and verbally expressed exactly that.
Were these same fiends calling for Les Miles to be fired in 2014?
HoustonAg2106
AG
whatthehey78 said:

FWIW, just because people say something doesn't bother them doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

When Chavis left he had the number 4 scoring defense in the country and turned down a 3 year extension to take less money at a conference rival...any fan base is going to be upset with that. It's easy to say they don't care now that they have a new DC and are still a top 5 defense and we are struggling...but at the time I'm sure they didn't like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.