Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FIRE JOHN CHAVIS

15,466 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jenks
h1frogman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know he deserves to be fired, but you can't actually do it. The only way is if Sumlin goes. He doesn't deserve a chance to make another coordinator hire. He just supposedly plucked the best one from our rival, pay him as much as many HCs, and we still suck.
woodyhayes
i'm in.
Scotty Appleton
TylerAg95 said:

It was bad but Chavis had nothing to work with tonight. Defensive backs who couldn't cover me on crutches. Linebackers who aren't Power 5 ready and... well okay the line is good.

I'd fire Chavis because I would fire the whole staff but if you keep Sumlin you keep Chavis too...

Bullshat. He IS the LB coach and 2 years in they are the worst position on the field.

He has built a career and reputation on having a huge talent advantage because of Fullmer and LSU.

He has never proven shat with a lesser hand and he is failing now.

The worst thing is he is a shat recruiter. So, he is basically worthless.
StickTogetherAgs
You want to fire THE BEST D-Coordinator in the country?

Seriously?

Chief is the best for a reason

Give him more time, and we will see great results

Guaranteed
Joe Exotic
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

TylerAg95 said:

It was bad but Chavis had nothing to work with tonight. Defensive backs who couldn't cover me on crutches. Linebackers who aren't Power 5 ready and... well okay the line is good.

I'd fire Chavis because I would fire the whole staff but if you keep Sumlin you keep Chavis too...

Bullshat. He IS the LB coach and 2 years in they are the worst position on the field.

He has built a career and reputation on having a huge talent advantage because of Fullmer and LSU.

He has never proven shat with a lesser hand and he is failing now.

The worst thing is he is a shat recruiter. So, he is basically worthless.

So who wo we hire that has elite SEC defenses with poor talent?
ApachePilot
AG
It's not chavis that needs firing people
MagnumLoad
I'm good with firing Chavis. The only reason he wants to be in the press box is so he can dip without swallowing it or spitting on tv. He's a joke. Sorriest defense and tackling i can ever remember
Post removed:
by user
phatbeast
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

MagnumLoad said:

I'm good with firing Chavis. The only reason he wants to be in the press box is so he can dip without swallowing it or spitting on tv. He's a joke. Sorriest defense and tackling i can ever remember
With all due respect, were you around for Torbush and years 2-3 of Snyder? Those teams literally got plowed into the ground. At least this defense has turned teams over with regularity. Now, I do think A&M will have a bottom 20 defense next year - it'll be bad, like real bad.

Chavis' defense is marginal improvement over Snyder at best. And that's probably only because the guys playing are older and more experienced on average.
grl38
AG
Chavis is not the problem! Guess who is the problem?
Ag4coal
This is another great example proving how little people know about football on Texags. It's embarrassing.

Watch the first 6 games. Watch the technique. Watch the entire team flying to the ball. Watch the wrap up tackles. Watch linebackers (attempt) to fill holes. We LEAD THE NATION in tackles for losses while playing ucla, auburn and Arkansas. Then all of sudden we can't cover a receiver, can't tackle a qb and couldn't shed a block to save our lives. Why is that? Is that scheme? Do you think canna is changed the scheme to suck?

It's an attitude problem. It's the same reason our OL regressed as the season went along, our receiver stopped blocking altogether and the team in general went to hell.
Dr. Mike 69
AG
Here's the impression I get from this message stream:

RoyVal
AG
we don't have great talent on Defense. we have 2 great players: Garrett and Watt. We have really good player Hall. Then we have a bunch of fill ins. Daylon Mack is a bust. we haven't had LBs in years. we have no defensive tackles. we have no corners. I went to school in the 90s. our corners were Ray Mickens and Aaron Glenn.

don't fire Chavis. sends a bad message to any other potential coach thinking about coming to A&M in the future.
CaveDwellinAg
AG
Oh, shut the hell up OP
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
The OP and the first few responders are all sips.

Chavis is the best DC there is. The problem with the team is attitude. They quit. A team's attitude is a direct reflection of the head coach.

Sumlin is the problem. He just doesn't care. Sumlin is a loser. Plain and simple.

Fire Sumlin and everyone else but Chief. But, it isn't going to happen until 2018.
bradleyk
I agree with Rojo.

The problem I saw was evident when Garrett got hurt. Garrett had every reason to go to locker room and stay there, and the coaches would have had zero problem with it. He came back out, hurt and wrapped, to play. His commitment was to his team at all cost, even his future, as he could have injured it worse. He then came out and played another game before being completely healed and was visibly hurting, but he did it. He is one of few that play like that.

There are MANY players who go out, do just enough to stay under the radar, but not go all out with everythung they have. That is a problem when a coach can't get his team to play with the heart of Garrett.

The other issue is that Knight was not 100%, and Sumlin and Mazzone showed ZERO confidence in Hubanek. Now, I am a Jake fan because I saw his success in HS, so maybe a little biased, but we have a culture problem of showing no confidence in our QBs. We should have had Knight sitting and Hubanek in the LSU game. What does that no confidence vote mean to the guy that likely takes the snaps next season?

This is a Head Coach problem. I was not a fan of the Mazzone hire, don't think my opinion will change much. We have options and we need to act, but we need players who will be like Garrett and lay it all out on the field. We have to be more disciplined as the penalties seemed to be more than last season, and more serious penalties. I haven't looked bu I am imagining our penalty yard total increased/game and average penalty increased as well.

It is time for a head coach that is respected. Personally, I would almost rather grab someone like Bohl from Wyoming, or just go after Urban with big $$$
Oknows
AG
At some point you have to stop firing coordinators or you'll never be able to hire good ones.
Busch League
This is just wrong. How anybody can watch these games and lack of adjustments and say that is insane? Or maybe I have gone insane.
Houstonag
AG
No doubt Sumlin is the problem resulting in lack of effort and discipline. I wonder what may be going on behind the scene such as when Hill had drinking problems and Sumlin did not bench him. Our current players are not motivated. The lack of proper tackling is atrocious.

Further the O and D design is flawed. We line up in a spread offense with five receivers, 3 to 4 on one side and there is not any pass route that really deceives the opposing D.
We are always covered.
tehmackdaddy
AG
Do NOT fire Chavis. The entitled, instant gratification mindset that runs rampant here is ridiculously juvenile.
FTAG 2000
AG
mlb87 said:

The Chavis hire was a major bust if we're being honest. This D with this talent is underperforming big time.

We still have Sumlin's guys doing the recruiting on that side of the ball.
BombayAg
all of you were suqqing his coqq a couple of years ago

what happened suddenly???
Frisco - Ag
AG
Why not
MagnumLoad
Fire all the mofos
Buford T. Justice
AG
If I were Chavis, I would rehitch my career to Les Miles, and abandon this sinking ship.
aggieaviator
AG
We scored a bunch of garbage points once the game was out of hand and you guys act like our offense was fine. SMH
milner79
Ian Neff said:

Why only him?
Drain the swamp!
fightinag
FIRE EM ALL........TODAY !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
jenks
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.