Story Poster
Photo by Lindsay Caudle, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

A&M QB Trevor Knight out for regular season with injured shoulder

November 8, 2016

Coach Sumlin announced Tuesday at his weekly press conference that Texas A&M QB Trevor Knight is out for the remainder of the regular season after suffering a shoulder injury in A&M's loss at Mississippi State.

The best case scenario for Knight appears to be a possible return for A&M's bowl game.

Junior backup quarterback Jake Hubenak will start on Saturday vs. Ole Miss, with either Conner McQueen or true freshman Nick Starkel acting as his backup. Starkel has yet to play for the Aggies, so he would burn his redshirt should he participate in the game.

Sumlin also announced that both offensive lineman Connor Lanfear and defensive back Noel Ellis are out for the rest of the season after suffering injuries in the past two games.

Discussion from...

A&M QB Trevor Knight out for regular season with injured shoulder

41,135 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JDCAG (NOT Colin)
ETFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Black
This is tough news. Trevor played his heart out for us and we'll miss his effort and guts. The other QBs will need to step up and play well. Gig 'em, Trevor.
DeadCiv
AG
Heartbroken for the kid.
Sbisa04
Olsen
AG
Oilfield Aggie12
Feel bad for these kids. Tough to see Trevor's season end like that and on a great play nonetheless. Hopefully he gets to come back for the bowl game. These other kids will just have to step up. We will lose Trevor's legs and leadership on the field but probably gain a better passer. Trevor can still be a leader from the sidelines.
txag11
AG
God I feel awful for trevor. He really put everything on the line for us.

On another note we are screwed now.
SEC Champs
AG
Mr. Black said:

This is tough news. Trevor played his heart out for us and we'll miss his effort and guts. The other QBs will need to step up and play well. Gig 'em, Trevor

It'll be interesting to see what adjustments Mazzone will make in our playbook, if any. Hubes is more of a pure dropback passer like Josh Rosen than a read option guy.
Duck Blind
AG
Damn. Just damn. TK was the heart and soul of the O. The glue. Get well soon.
antman8504
AG
bye bye run game
Slyfox07
AG
Amazing Moves
We need to go back to the Air Raid. We have three 5 star receivers and Josh Reynolds. I think Hubes is more comfortable in that offense and he will take less hits.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
antman8504 said:

bye bye run game

If he can show accuracy down field, it might open things up more. Not zone read, but traditional run plays.

We'll see though - I'm not sure Mazzone will work to that end and I'm not sure if Hubes can execute well enough to get defenses to get out of the box.

Even with Trevor's running, teams didn't have to worry about much downfield (which is why when we did hit some of those, they were huge)....

I'd be much more confident if our OL had shown an ability to open ANY holes against a rather pedestrian MSU DL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.