Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Joel Klatt on the Ticket

31,859 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ian Neff
Emilio Fantastico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He works for FOX

He's a Big XII homer

He hates the SEC

Don't care what he says.

He suffered brain damage from that sip cheap shot in the Big 12 Championship game.

FIFY
Pinata Man
Kind of agree - think we are a little overrated right now. We'll know a lot more after Saturday. Auburn is not a good test.
The Collective
AG
quote:
We will need to go 10-2 to stay in the top 10 so odds are we are fools gold if top 10 is the measuring stick. After the last 2 years we should all wait until November before calling out any naysayers.

Keepin' it real!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
His pos school Colorado even fielding a football team the last 10 years is a farce.
Eff mr bless his heart klatt.
AggieRugger04
AG
Rhynes roots for the Ags. The rest are a mix of indifference to outright hatred. Musers were talking CFB on monday and Jub tried to steer it to Ags- Auburn and Junior did not even attempt to respond. I might have felt the same if I were a sooner on Monday am. All that said, everyone on the station was jocking our nuts, and summy's after the scar opener in 14. And like everyone else, they are wary of anything we do until we prove we are real. If we go into November with one loss, I bet the tongues loosen up.
Ag4coal
All sports media is terrible. I won't turn it to a sports network for anything other than a game. Can't stand the talk show crap and it's obvious that most of them don't watch the games, or at least don't watch them without bias.

That being said, I can't blame a single one of them for not buying into the Aggie hype yet again. We've done this 2 years straight. I can see our team is much more disciplined this year, a massive improvement over last year. Even then, my BAS won't let me get excited.
Citizen Reign
JKB12G

Is it, Joe Klatt Big 12 Guy or Joe Klatt Blew 12 Guys?

You tell me?
AggieBill005
AG
Man, I think fools gold is a pretty good descriptor, actually... at least based on history.

We start well, winning games that we are supposed to and usually a game that folks thought we would either a) lose or b) was a toss-up. We climb in the rankings, and then... SLAM!!! We run face-first at full speed into a concrete wall and limp through the last half of the season. We have done it for what, 3 seasons in a row now? Maybe not Johnny's second year.

Point is, we are following that exact same trajectory this year. In years past the "good" teams we beat early on ended up not being very good. Its too early to tell for UCLA and Auburn. And Knight is tossing about 50%. That is NOT good.

Nothing that he said is wrong, based on our history.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Klatt:

Former QB for Colorado.

Has jealous disdain for the SEC.

Is of no consequence.

Ignore him.

BTHO Arkansas

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Diet Cokehead
AG
I heard Klatt on the Ticket last week and he said the Sips were in his Top 5 before that Cal game.
Barnacle
AG
Whether he's an idiot or not, is another discussion. On this topic, he happens to be right at this point and time. There's a lot of room for this offense to grow under a first year coordinator so we may very well grow into that ranking though.
halfastros81
AG
Iv'e been gone for 8 yrs but they were a joke for any kind of sports talk when I was in DFW. They were funny sometimes. Only one of them was even mildly pro-A&M. The older guy - don't remember his name.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Man, I think fools gold is a pretty good descriptor, actually... at least based on history.

We start well, winning games that we are supposed to and usually a game that folks thought we would either a) lose or b) was a toss-up. We climb in the rankings, and then... SLAM!!! We run face-first at full speed into a concrete wall and limp through the last half of the season. We have done it for what, 3 seasons in a row now? Maybe not Johnny's second year.

Point is, we are following that exact same trajectory this year. In years past the "good" teams we beat early on ended up not being very good. Its too early to tell for UCLA and Auburn. And Knight is tossing about 50%. That is NOT good.

Nothing that he said is wrong, based on our history.

Knight might not have shown accuracy to this point but he has made far better decisions that what Sumlin rolled out the past two seasons. Add in a much more effective OL and running game and it's pretty obvious this offense is better equipped for the SEC West.

The previous 5-0 starts did not include teams with the speed and talent like UCLA and Auburn. The late season losses were more based on lack of depth at key positions on both sides of the ball and Spav's crappy play calling while only having one RB to take pressure off of young QB's

This media's constant blabbing about the 5-0 starts is getting old. It just shows me they have not looked closely at what was going on and what has changed. How many teams in the country would have faired better against the SEC West late in the season?
halfastros81
AG
quote:
I heard Klatt on the Ticket last week and he said the Sips were in his Top 5 before that Cal game

that says it all right there. The guy is a sucker for fools gold. If he calls something fools gold then it's worth a 2nd look I'd say.
CoachLB
For all you guys talking about our history of the past 2 seasons. You cannot judge a team by what they did last season. Every team is different every season. . Real football guys like Klatt are supposed to look at this team, their players, their schemes, their chemistry etc. only. A&M has 3 new quality coaches. New offense schemes and one of the best defensive cord. in football in his 2nd season. A&M has also gotten rid of 2 guys at quarterback who were not leaders and selfish Their constant pouting kept their team in a bad place. Whatever happens to A&M this season will not have anything to do with what has happened in the past. Auburn went from dead last in the SEC West to NC . This team is only about this team only.
He is Ass My Dude
It's funny, Klatt gets a little upset when talking about A&M.

He no likey.
pirate_Agg05
AG
I disagree with him when it comes to game/team analysis more and more the more I hear him, but I do think he has some interesting ideas about the game as a whole, such as unifying the officiating instead of each conference having officials in order to try and get crews to be more consistent. He's made some other points in the past about whether players should be paid or not that are somewhat compelling.

That said, he is a pretty big Big X+2? homer (which makes sense since he works for Fox), and he does take almost every chance there is to bash anything SEC (not just A&M). He thinks (or at least says it on the radio) that the SEC isn't necessarily the best conference, but were good enough for long enough that there's a bias in the media which consequently always over-ranks all SEC teams.
CoachLB
Since Klatt doesn't think Knight is accurate enough to win I checked Mr. Klatts stats. Junior year his completetion rate was 58 percent. Senior year 60 percent.
halfastros81
AG
quote:

It doesn't look like last yr's team to me . Hard to say at this point if the late season trajectory will be the same but to me we had not won a road game last yr like last week's win at Auburn. It was a reasonably convincing win against a team that played a good Clemson team pretty well, at least defensively. Also, Knight has been improving week over week. He may not be consistently accurate but he has at least shown me he can burn you with his arm or his feet if you don' t account for one or the other. Ags didn't have that last yr .

After the Az St game last yr I was trying to figure out what the hell the AGs were trying to do offensively. Offensively We were not good at anything and it never got any better over the course of the season. I don't feel that way now. I can see wha tthey are trying to do and I see them having some success doing it.
agsteve77
AG
more like joel ****, amirite?
Post removed:
by user
CoachLB
Why don't you just enjoy each win. Whether the fans believe in the team doesn't matter in the outcome of games anyway as long as the coaches and players who do the work believe they are for real.
AgPediRPh
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Klatt

HURRY before Wikipedia edits the photo caption back!
Timberwolf
AG
quote:
Says the A&M at number 10 is the biggest farce in college football.

Says Knight with terrible accuracy numbers should tell you why.

At the end of the segment "Remember Texas A&M is fool's gold guys, they aren't terrible but they're not very good either."
Tell that to UCLA you imbecile.
Signel
AG
There is truth to the fact that we've played average... There is also truth to the fact that we can improve in our new offense that is going on it's 4th game.

I am not sure what they were expecting with a totally new offense an 3 games, but we've beat two really good teams IMO.
AggieSouth06
I get the desire to be protective of our school, but how in the hell are some of you so confident we're the real deal this year? Have I been watching a different program for the last 15 years, or am I just a pessimist?
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
There is truth to the fact that we've played average... There is also truth to the fact that we can improve in our new offense that is going on it's 4th game.

I am not sure what they were expecting with a totally new offense an 3 games, but we've beat two really good teams IMO.

I wouldn't say we have played average. Have we played like a top 10 team? No.

But we are above average for sure and worthy of being a top 25 team.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think we played basically the same Auburn team as last year and scored 19 more points and held them to 16 fewer points. That is my benchmark.
ashley
quote:
Since Klatt doesn't think Knight is accurate enough to win I checked Mr. Klatts stats. Junior year his completetion rate was 58 percent. Senior year 60 percent.

Do I need a high competition percentage to say that someone isn't accurate.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
Whether he's an idiot or not, is another discussion. On this topic, he happens to be right at this point and time. There's a lot of room for this offense to grow under a first year coordinator so we may very well grow into that ranking though.
I agree at times we've looked pedestrian, but being rated is a relative measure. I look at the teams just above us and below us and I don't feel like we are out of line, Who does he think should be rated above us that isn't?
Post removed:
by user
Amazing Moves
Great post..
Signel
AG
I think this year is unique... What is a top 10 team? Most everyone looks rough/unpolished except maybe 5 teams.
tremble
AG
quote:
The criticism of TKs accuracy is valid. A&M isn't likely to beat Ole Miss or LSU with him hitting 50% and probably won't beat Arky or Tenn. A&M's biggest weakness is the pass game IMO, and will indeed struggle with better opponents if TK is throwing it 40x a game. I throughly believe the offense would be best with a foundation in the zone read. TK is no Nick Marshall but he is an exceptional athlete with the ability to run a very potent version of the same offense.
The whole point of the offense is to make TK NOT throw 40 times a game.

The Aggies can very much win against OIe Miss and LSU by simply running the offense and not turning the ball over. The defense is stout enough to win games.

LSU scored 19 points on us last year and Ole Miss scored 23. We're considerably better at the DL than we were last year, with much more depth, and our LB play is actually a positive this year.
FW Declerk
Yes but what did Gordo say..did they drop any norm drops ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.