Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Customer Service at TMF has fallen to craptastic levels

19,246 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by annie88
aggie1944
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I've never understood the "I can never miss a game" people. I went to every home game as a student, but I don't see how it's possible as an adult with responsibilities and friends and family members who didn't all go to A&M. Hell, I've had a client blow stuff off to his own detriment during crunch time because he and his wife and friends were determined to go to every game home and away. I don't know how you can be that devoted unless you're retired.

Until the 2014 season, we had not missed a home game since 1953
BMX Bandit
Pretty amazing streak!

Where did you live in that time?
BMX Bandit
quote:
you have that you aren't able to take care of during the week?

Attending my kids athletic events is #1 thing that prevents me from going to more home (or away) games
aggie1944
Ft Worth
BMX Bandit
Even more impressive.

45-70Ag
AG
Wow, since '53?

Just the things you have seen in that time span is impressive with the changes to Kyle, the players, games, coaches and damn........that's cool.
agz win
AG
That's an amazing attendance streak and something to really be proud in accomplishing, Ag! My streak ended during the Fran cancer that had invaded the program. Thank God were vibrant and hopeful again.

As for TMF, they have a purpose and a tough job to do but they have always been helpful in resolving any questions or problems I've experienced over the years. Could it be a better service? Sure, but what couldn't. Being courteous and reasonable can prove helpful when calling them. Gig'em!
StickTogetherAgs
quote:
That's an amazing attendance streak and something to really be proud in accomplishing, Ag! My streak ended during the Fran cancer that had invaded the program. Thank God were vibrant and hopeful again.

As for TMF, they have a purpose and a tough job to do but they have always been helpful in resolving any questions or problems I've experienced over the years. Could it be a better service? Sure, but what couldn't. Being courteous and reasonable can prove helpful when calling them. Gig'em!

This.
revolutionAG
quote:
I have sent notes to the TMF about my concerns before and gotten crickets. And if you read my post you would see I said I don't think he should be on here.
just checking to see if you have called them yet?
Lance Uppercut
AG
Slightly off-topic because I don't care about donations as people can do whatever they want with their time and money....

...but I see repeatedly on here people saying they're not going to go to anymore games or do something else than watch football because we don't win enough games. You get that sports is entertainment and supposed to be fun, right? I've never regretted a chance of getting to go back, and see a game with my dad, wife, or friends that I don't get to see all the time.

For me, football season draws out every wedding invitation, nephew's birthday party, and surprise intervention that you'd think would be normally spread over the other 8-9 months of the year. I ask for 48 hours to watch football out of the 8760 a year, and without fail, there's something else I need to do on at least 3 football Saturdays a year that has to happen exactly during game time. It's remarkable.
BombayAg
quote:
Ft Worth

aggie1944 Sir, did you graduate in 1944 or were you born in 1944?
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I have sent notes to the TMF about my concerns before and gotten crickets. And if you read my post you would see I said I don't think he should be on here.

You are seriously asking if I called him between Friday night and Sunday night?

Since you are so concerned, I'll let you know that I won't be calling. My response on this thread had more to do with staff touting him being here and me showing how that went.

Maybe I'll call when I have time during business hours to discuss my previous experiences.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Since you are so concerned, I'll let you know that I won't be calling. My response on this thread had more to do with staff touting him being here and me showing how that went.

Maybe I'll call when I have time during business hours to discuss my previous experiences.

The point that this thread reiterates for me is that going through the regular channels at the TMF sucks. Based on my experience, *****ing on social media is just about the only way to get someone's attention. This is another fine example.
Kampfers
AG
I have not and will not ever donate to the TMF. Or the Association for that matter. When I graduated, it had been maybe a week or two before I got the first phone call encouraging me to donate. Not to mention the mailers. Since I've graduated, I received a grand total of zero calls that actually cared about how my education prepared me for the real world. Zero calls about whether or not I had found a job or needed assistance from the career center. Zero calls from the counseling center asking about how I was transitioning to "real life".

But you can bet your ass that multiple times per year I get hit up to donate money to some cause or some foundation that I should donate to because I'm a 'good ag'.

Now you can argue wether or not the school should be making those phone calls I previously mentioned not receiving. Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't. But all of those services go out the window the second you graduate. Life's challenges don't.

I loved my time at A&M. Couldn't speak better about it to anyone I meet. But I learned pretty quickly that as much as I loved my school, it would never feel the same about me. Once I had graduated I was no longer their student who needed help, but rather a new source of revenue, a resource that needs to be squeezed until the last drop emerges. I'm not upset or bitter about it, I understand this is how it works across the country. But I definitely don't have any romanticism about the school or any lasting desire to donate to a program or institution that views me solely by the dollar figures that I help them generate.
revolutionAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bro take it easy. There is a thing called voicemail. Thought maybe you could call, leave a VM, get a call back you know? Maybe even followup today with a call back if you hadn't heard back. That would be the aggressive play here.

Keep us informed. I'll check back to see from time to time.

ETA: And if the homie didn't call you back you could let us know. Would add further ammo to your battle against the TMF.

jja79
AG
You posted this on the football board so I assume you care about football. Do you know how the program gets funded?

They didn't call any of us to check on our welfare, success, etc after we graduated. They prepared us for it.

I thought for a second I was reading the transcript from a speech at a Bernie Sanders rally.
Post removed:
by user
The Collective
AG
You aren't paying the Association for a service... you are donating, so that others may have the same opportunities that you had while at A&M, maybe even better ones.
JJxvi
AG
My only current annoyances with the 12MF are that they are consistently poor with email communications and timelines for things that relate to things donors need to do. On the off chance I actually get a critical email, it gives me a timeline that ends up being way off, and makes it seem like they don't have their **** together.

The new website also seems pretty poor at allowing me to find the type of information I am looking for. For example, I signed up for the 3 equal payments for paying for actual ticket price when I renewed my tickets, and I was wondering when those 2nd and 3rd payments will post (May 1 and June 1?). Well, they dont keep track of that on the web anyplace I can see. The "scheduled payments" only keep tracks of the actual donation amounts. There is nowhere I can even see a record of what I paid and what I still owe, much less when I can expect those payments to post to my credit card.
Goose83
AG
I still fondly remember the days of Old Army when you could buy tickets to Aggie Football without having to donate to the TMF.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
Ft Worth

He is Class of '44.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
I still fondly remember the days of Old Army when you could buy tickets to Aggie Football without having to donate to the TMF.

I'm sure there was a time when that practice made sense.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Bro take it easy. There is a thing called voicemail. Thought maybe you could call, leave a VM, get a call back you know? Maybe even followup today with a call back if you hadn't heard back. That would be the aggressive play here.

Keep us informed. I'll check back to see from time to time.

ETA: And if the homie didn't call you back you could let us know. Would add further ammo to your battle against the TMF.

Looks like you're the one trying to wage a moronic battle here.
Sharpshooter
AG
Millenials.
CaveDwellinAg
AG
OP implying that TMF customer service was ever good to begin with.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
quote:
OP implying that TMF customer service was ever good to begin with.
you got me there!
Mateo84
AG
quote:
I have not and will not ever donate to the TMF. Or the Association for that matter. When I graduated, it had been maybe a week or two before I got the first phone call encouraging me to donate. Not to mention the mailers. Since I've graduated, I received a grand total of zero calls that actually cared about how my education prepared me for the real world. Zero calls about whether or not I had found a job or needed assistance from the career center. Zero calls from the counseling center asking about how I was transitioning to "real life".

But you can bet your ass that multiple times per year I get hit up to donate money to some cause or some foundation that I should donate to because I'm a 'good ag'.

Now you can argue wether or not the school should be making those phone calls I previously mentioned not receiving. Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't. But all of those services go out the window the second you graduate. Life's challenges don't.

I loved my time at A&M. Couldn't speak better about it to anyone I meet. But I learned pretty quickly that as much as I loved my school, it would never feel the same about me. Once I had graduated I was no longer their student who needed help, but rather a new source of revenue, a resource that needs to be squeezed until the last drop emerges. I'm not upset or bitter about it, I understand this is how it works across the country. But I definitely don't have any romanticism about the school or any lasting desire to donate to a program or institution that views me solely by the dollar figures that I help them generate.
Wow. This is one of the most pathetic, entitled things I've ever read ... And someone even gave you a blue star!

Would you like a welfare check every month? If you don't want to donate to the TMF, that's fine, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how well your education prepared you to deal with "real life." Take some responsibility for yourself, get a job, and stop whining about how your counselors didn't call you after you graduated to see how you were feeling about life.

(Respectfully of course)
riverrataggie
AG
I won't be respectful. This **** annoys me. Education set you up to get a job. Rest is on you. Quit looking for a handout. Life isn't fair and stop being a little bitxh.
The Original AG 76
AG
Good example of why so many folks stay mad at the TMF , and they deserve it.
Parking selection is going on now. Last year they had a nice feature online where anyone could track the progress as the lots filled up. It was helpful for those making plans and it was just a courtesy that was fun to watch. For whatever reason they eliminated this until 10 minutes before your own time slot. No discussion , no reason just a typical arbitrary TMF " I know something you don't know " decision.
Instead of doing everything possible to share info and let everyone feel included they did the typical TMF thing.
brotheraggie
Tickets have gotten so expensive for me. My wife had a cancer scare and thanks to Obama care the out of pocket expenses could have bought some nice season tickets.

I love my university but all sports have become too political and controlled by $$$$$$$.
aggie1944
quote:
quote:
Ft Worth

Class of 1944. Didn't graduate till 1946 due to the war.
agnatgas
AG
Ag44, I hope you've been featured on Bugle Call.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
99% of all complaining about the TMF on texags is entirely fabricated made up lies.

The 1% are mad because the 12th Man cant cater to their wants/needs/desires.

I dont know why Aggies feel the need to do this. I wonder if other fan bases have serial victims like we do?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.