Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Taking an infant to A&M football games, ticket question

21,824 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Crazy Ag 97
BreckCO2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who has experience taking their kids to a game? My question is in regards to the ticket required for an infant. Does it have to be the seat next to you, or can you just have a random ticket in the stadium? We sit in West field box, and our baby will be in my lap for the games.

Thanks
Really???
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Insert "Prepare your anus" ewok here.
gigem70
AG
Any ticket for the game will get them in.
The Collective
AG
Probably not as big of a deal as bringing an infant to bench seats where you can encroach on someone else's space, however, I think the ticket people will want the kid's ticket to match the seating area. I don't think it is worth the gamble personally.
Token
AG
for the price of a game ticket you can afford to pay for a baby sitter or your nice relative
ag2003
AG
No one brings an infant twice. Find a sitter
Uncle Jimbo
As a father of two, I can't even imagine why you'd want to do this.... Not to mention what you're suggesting is kind of a **** move.
BreckCO2000
AG
quote:
As a father of two, I can't even imagine why you'd want to do this.... Not to mention what you're suggesting is kind of a **** move.

A hole move?
agmrpink
AG
The only reasons an infant belongs at a football game would be if it's being honored at Bugle Call, or will be the actual football.
Lungblood
quote:
The only reasons an infant belongs at a football game would be if it's being honored at Bugle Call, or will be the actual football.

I concur.
ag1998
AG
Any ticket will get you in the game. I have been bringing my oldest son since he was 9 months old...his first game was at Miami because we did not want to go to Florida without him. Do what you want to do and ignore the disapproval from others. It's a personal choice and maybe others have made the choice not to bring their kids because they have raised hanyaks, enjoy going to the games kid-less, or don't want to leave early (which I think you have to be willing to do if you bring young ones). If your kid behaves and doesn't bother others, it's not a problem. In my experience, infants are rarely a problem because they can sleep even through the yells and cheers of the crowd.
eeinhouston
quote:
Probably not as big of a deal as bringing an infant to bench seats where you can encroach on someone else's space, however, I think the ticket people will want the kid's ticket to match the seating area. I don't think it is worth the gamble personally.

The "ticket people" won't know that one of the adults isn't sitting in the single seat. That being said, all other comments apply.
FourAggies
AG
If you're in the West Field Box, you may not be able to get in with "any ticket". They may scrutinize the tickets more closely at that entrance.
PatAg
AG
Don't.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Any ticket will get you in the game. I have been bringing my oldest son since he was 9 months old...his first game was at Miami because we did not want to go to Florida without him. Do what you want to do and ignore the disapproval from others. It's a personal choice and maybe others have made the choice not to bring their kids because they have raised hanyaks, enjoy going to the games kid-less, or don't want to leave early (which I think you have to be willing to do if you bring young ones). If your kid behaves and doesn't bother others, it's not a problem. In my experience, infants are rarely a problem because they can sleep even through the yells and cheers of the crowd.

Feel free to do what this asshat did and pay no mind to the other adults that spent money to enjoy the game. 9 month old kids are a pain in the ass to everyone at a football game.

On second thought, be courteous and sensible and leave your kid at home.

The jackass of the game is ALWAYS the guy that brought his infant to the game thinking it made him red ass. In all honesty, it doesn't make you red ass. It makes you inconsiderate of others.

But yea, you're free to do that if you want. Just be prepared for people to be inconsiderate in return. Just remember that's their right as well.
Famous Shoes
AG
You're bring a baby to a Game...
dcbowers
AG
This is a lose-lose-lose situation.

You will not be able to enjoy the game, your infant child will not be able to enjoy the game (not to mention possibly suffer hearing damage due to the noise), and the people around you will not be able to enjoy the game because your child will be inconsolably crying.

Get a babysitter. Bring'em when the are 4 - 5 years old.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
runontexas
AG
wTf who are you?
Southeastern Conference
AG
If you don't have someone to watch your child, don't go.
chipotle
Almost as bad as fall weddings.
HalifaxAg
AG
Of course you are free to do as you wish, but go Google infant hearing loss...most of a home game will far exceed 85 db. All the research says this is the threshold for permanent hearing loss in children, much less infants. Please, coming from one who suffers from this at an early age, don't do that to your kid for a purely selfish reason, go to the game but don't bring an infant.

greg.w.h
AG
Great thread. I would add this: unlike taking an infant on an airplane--which traditionally allowed them to sit in your lap--the reason you need a ticket is for all the cruft you carry in to support having the child there including a baby seat to place him/her in. If you don't have a seat, it has to be either on the ground or where you sit. If you end up pushing people out of their seat, they are perfectly in their rights to ask for an usher to solve the problem.

Hence: you need a ticket next to you. If you choose not to do that, you run the risk of being asked to leave the stadium. It's a risk you might be willing to take, but it seems to me to be either selfish or short-sighted depending on what your goal is for the day. If the goal is to be kicked out so you can go home, well, do it wrong.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Almost as bad as fall weddings.
Crazytom11
Regardless of loud noises damaging your child's hearing, the inconvenience and annoyance of others, and the obligations that come with bringing a baby to a football game. I think it is extremely irresponsible to expose your baby to an environment that has over 100,000 people, their germs, and their ailments.

Hope you are ready to have a sick kid.
MsDoubleD81
AG
An an extra one or 2 next to you for all the necessities
mgreen
PLEASE don't do it.
LaurAg
C'mon guys.
This is actually a great question.
I just can't believe nobody has ever asked it before.......

Laura
revolutionAG
dont do it bro. everyone around you will think you are d bag.

zephyr88
AG
just take baby with you to Former Students Bldg and watch it on the big screen. It has AC (and a bar).
carbon copy
I applaud your wanting to be with your child, and you might think it's cool or cute to bring a baby to a game, but don't do it. You'll be miserable, the baby will be miserable and everybody around you will be miserable - especially if it's hot. Wait until he/she is at least 4 or 5 years old. Learn from those that have been there.
millertyme
AG
All you naysayers are forgetting the most important thing: this child being able to brag in 18 years that he/she has been going to Aggie games since they were 6 months (and then admitting they don't remember a single thing but there are pictures of it).
The Collective
AG
Leave the baby at the tailgate to play milk pong.
'03ag
1?
gphid97
AG
I would much rather sit next to twenty infants at Kyle than one in an airplane, and it's not even close. I can't even recall one time where an infant even remotely affected my game day experience as opposed to about a 95% hit rate on planes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.