Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas Monthly with another stellar article

17,457 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by panhandlefarmer
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What? No quote from one of the greatest movies of all time?
coupland boy
AG
Unbiased piece of journalism right there.
Buford T. Justice
AG
quote:
What? No quote from one of the greatest movies of all time?

"But daddy, a football game. You stay here and watch the football game, I'm going back."
AgOutsideAustin
AG
"You can think about it.., but don't do it."
W
AG
that article is pure trash. A mega-liberal is not going to write anything positive about A&M
coupland boy
AG
quote:
that article is pure trash. A mega-liberal is not going to write anything positive about A&M

It certainly says something about Texas Monthly. I didn't click on the link and won't. Thanks OP.
SteveA
AG
The only way to end this talk is to sack up and play them.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
The only way to end this talk is to sack up and play them.

Ummm, no. Let them die a slow death in a dieing conference.
texag86
AG
TLDR
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Texas (tu) Monthly is not even suitable for emergency toilet paper.

Citing Chimp Brown? LMAO.

BTW, what bowl are the sips playing in?
sports
Yep I've had enough. I called that trashy publication and demanded to speak with a customer representative since I used to pay to receive this garbage. I let the CSR have it by conveying the idea that most of the writers there have no place in modern journalism and are a disgrace to Texans. I nearly had her in tears as I was screaming for about 2 minutes strait. When i got her supervisor on the phone I feel I really made an impact there and got my subscription cancelled. I even got as far as having this issue price refunded back to my discover card. Good Riddance to Texas Monthly
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Yep I've had enough. I called that trashy publication and demanded to speak with a customer representative since I used to pay to receive this garbage. I let the CSR have it by conveying the idea that most of the writers there have no place in modern journalism and are a disgrace to Texans. I nearly had her in tears as I was screaming for about 2 minutes strait. When i got her supervisor on the phone I feel I really made an impact there and got my subscription cancelled. I even got as far as having this issue price refunded back to my discover card. Good Riddance to Texas Monthly
romanagg11
AG
Glad we didn't get to shat the bed against tech especially since dumass Sumlin hasn't fired Spaz! Louisville is a joke and so is the music city bowl.
Post removed:
by user
fightinag
quote:
Glad we didn't get to shat the bed against tech especially since dumass Sumlin hasn't fired Spaz! Louisville is a joke and so is the music city bowl.
It would be the death of the Sumlin era if Kliff hung 60 on the Aggies ...... nevermind,,,,in hindsight Sumlin would probably get a raise and contract extension
sharpdressedman
It's a POS rag. I expect nothing else.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
The author is a butthurt mental midget with an agenda.

Longwhorns will be writing about us for decades to come.
Ag CPA
AG
Agree with all of it, got to protect the swag image and go to a lesser cold-city outdoor bowl against an opponent nobody gives an F about.
Texags is garbage
We're often reminded of why we left that damn conference in the first place. Literally no Aggie I've talked to cares enough about this season's bowl match-up. All eyes are on the OC situation.
chipotle
We play those mouth breathers when they beg us to do so and apologize with their lips on our asses. Not because their Walmart fans write biased "truths" in crayon on an ad filled Highlight magazine.
libertyag
AG
Read a couple of sentences. Bet the guy who wrote the article dated Michael Sam.
milner79
What in the name of Mimi Swartz is this crap?! TM needs to stick with blasting yet another aspect of the Ted Cruz campaign, wacking off to Kinky Friedman's latest garbage-ola, and selling ads to plastic surgeons.

That said ... truth twinges more than just a little bit:
quote:
And Tech just has their number. Since 2000, the Aggies have beaten the Red Raiders five times and lost eight,
I don't miss playing those tortilla tossers.

"IT WAS LIKE THE ALAMO!!"
milner79
quote:
we should only play in Arlington ... in the post season.
Would that we were this year ...
Maroon Dawn
AG
First they say they're gonna a never play us ever again and that not playing them will destroy us because texas kids crave being part of those "storied rivalry" games

Turns out to be BS and HS kids think the Little 10 is a joke and want to be part of Texas' team in the greatest league in CFB instead.

So now they cry and whine and make up BS lies to try and get us to cave and play THEM.

Eff off Little 10.

Embargoes can work both ways.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:

Go away, you pathetic loser
permabull
AG
83Aggie
AG
The SEC commish decides where we play.

LSU played in the Music City bowl last season. Why would he send them to Nashville two years in a row?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Agree with all of it, got to protect the swag image and go to a lesser cold-city outdoor bowl against an opponent nobody gives an F about.

None of our players care about playing Tech. They never have and Tech isn't even on their radar.
stingaree
SEC is smart to steer you guys away from Tech. I think you would win handily but in the end there is way too much to lose for the SEC. The story becomes that if you win you were supposed to win and if you lose the SEC sucks. Which is, of course, ridiculous.

They (the conference bigs) are calling the shots and protecting themselves, which is smart, like **** Cheney smart.
That One Guy
quote:

Silent For Too Long
Texas Monthly has been one of the Pravda arms of Belmont for sometime now. Not very surprising.
dixichkn
AG
if any of you had any doubt about this pathetic rag's credentials as a sip mouthpiece, there it is. 4 years after getting their sh** pushed in by Bowtie during realignment, realizing they no longer call all the shots in this state, and utterly unable and unwilling to deal with it.....this is what they're reduced to. Name calling while hiding behind tard's skirt because their beloved institution can't even muster up enough wins in that piss poor conference to qualify for even the crappiest of bowls. Texas A&M doesn't owe you a GD thing. Least of which is a matchup you told us you didn't have the time or the inclination to schedule after we left your sorry asses behind. If you seriously think, after 4 years of squaring up against Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU etc, that we're afraid to take on your middling tortilla tossers with the Swiss cheese defense.......knock yourselves out.

No, literally........knock yourselves out. It shouldn't take too much effort. Buh bye.
Ringo88
AG
Preach, brother.
LatinAggie1997
AG
It is very difficult to respect anybody that issues complaints concerning their best interest about another that is looking out for their best interest.

Kemo Sabe
After watching the tussle in Waco last week in front of 41,000 fans and seeing the teams get into a couple of Banty rooster fights, I couldn't help but thank God and the powers that be for getting us out of that conference. Now why on earth would we want to play them in a bowl game? It serves no useful purpose to us whatsoever. They are nothing more than future non conference buy games to us much in the mold of rice, smu and UTEP. We are not obligated to play anybody in this state.

To all our former enemies that hated us with a passion, it's a new world out there, you might want to wake up and take a look at it. Oh and, Up yours!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.