Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Pump Up" Songs During Timeouts

8,384 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Free Lunch
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I was not a bq so this is an outsider point of view but the band has never consistently played during transitions or breaks. They will once or twice a quarter but not consistently. I would love to have them play more during short breaks but I haven't seen that in 20 years so not holding my breath.
As a student I had seats next to the band for 4 years and it seemed like they played a lot more 15 years ago. I don't know maybe my memory is faulty.

BCO07
AG
Scripted game day by somebody in the booth, unless things have changed in the last 2 or 3 years
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah they would play between every down if they were allowed too.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
I heard "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones at Kyle Field on Saturday.

I don't care what anyone else thinks; that was awesome.
I never would have believed it, but heard it on tv. Ramones.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
WTF HAPPENED TO YELLING DURING TIMEOUTS SO THE OPPOSING TEAM COULDNT HEAR IN THEIR HUDDLE?!
There are five minute TV timeouts on practically every change of possession. Even when a team calls a timeout, they generally cut to commercial. That's a long time to yell. And they aren't in the huddle during those timeouts.
george92
Aggie Band needs to get out of last century and start playing some real football songs like "who let the dogs out", the theme songs from Rocky and and Rocky III.
pdaddy
AG
More AC/DC
Buford T. Justice
AG
quote:
quote:
I heard "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones at Kyle Field on Saturday.

I don't care what anyone else thinks; that was awesome.
I never would have believed it, but heard it on tv. Ramones.

I couldn't believe my ears, so I turned to my wife and said, "they're playing the f<ing Ramones at Kyle Field!" If they would have played anything by the Clash, I might have just shed a tear.

And...I did a triple take when I heard Cowboys From Hell. "Where am I?"
TV Casualty
AG
quote:
Scripted game day by somebody in the booth, unless things have changed in the last 2 or 3 years
Yeah, I think the scripted game day started when they put in the jumbotron.
Original_NoOlives
AG
K7 - Come Baby Come

or pretty much any track found on 90's Jock Jams
RINO Safari
AG
quote:
We desperately need to mic up FTAB. Still don't understand why we don't

Yes please. The War Hymn is completely butchered every single time because 3rd deck can't hear the band at all. Also, no one cares to pay attention to the yell leaders, which contributes to it.
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:
I was not a bq so this is an outsider point of view but the band has never consistently played during transitions or breaks. They will once or twice a quarter but not consistently. I would love to have them play more during short breaks but I haven't seen that in 20 years so not holding my breath.

Jesus tapdancing Christ, NO! Who are we? OU, tu, Bama?

More yells, not more songs.
FILO505
AG
quote:
Aggie Band needs to get out of last century and start playing some real football songs like "who let the dogs out", the theme songs from Rocky and and Rocky III.

Not sure if troll...
Topher17
AG
quote:
quote:
We desperately need to mic up FTAB. Still don't understand why we don't

Yes please. The War Hymn is completely butchered every single time because 3rd deck can't hear the band at all. Also, no one cares to pay attention to the yell leaders, which contributes to it.
Not to mention all the people who f****** clap during the War Hymn and get waaayyyy off beat. People who clap during the War Hymn make me want to gouge my ears out.
heddy Lamarr
AG
Nailed it with The Ramones late in the first half
Martin Lawrence In Drag
back2back
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Game days are scripted, yes. There was a period from about 2004-2013 that the reigns were yanked pretty hard on band and yells. With personnel changes, the decision was made for the 2014 season to give FTAB and yells much more leeway. This season is no different.

The problem lies in that they are given the option. Meaning, they have the option not to play or yell. If they exercise the option against, there isn't much that can be done. The pump-up music was bought in to fill in the times that they choose to nothing. Or, as was pointed out, to fill in the rest of the time on TV timeouts. Four minutes is a long time to yell and most of FTAB's songs are only about two minutes.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Game days are scripted, yes. There was a period from about 2004-2013 that the reigns were yanked pretty hard on band and yells. With personnel changes, the decision was made for the 2014 season to give FTAB and yells much more leeway. This season is no different.

The problem lies in that they are given the option. Meaning, they have the option not to play or yell. If they exercise the option against, there isn't much that can be done. The pump-up music was bought in to fill in the times that they choose to nothing. Or, as was pointed out, to fill in the rest of the time on TV timeouts. Four minutes is a long time to yell and most of FTAB's songs are only about two minutes.
30 years ago the band played as much as possible. We would ALWAYS play the War Hymn at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters; we would play when the Aggies were on defense; we'd play Wildcat after every kickoff; we'd play during timeouts.

The downfall of the Aggie Band happened in 1986 when the NCAA passed the rule that bands can't play when the visitors have the ball. It was known as the Aggie Band rule because tu lobbied the NCAA because of the unfair advantage home field advantage the Aggie Band gave to Kyle Field. The teasippers were not happy about losing to A&M 42-10 in 1985 and how QB Stafford couldn't be heard at the line of scrimmage.

KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:

30 years ago the band played as much as possible. We would ALWAYS play the War Hymn at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters; we would play when the Aggies were on defense; we'd play Wildcat after every kickoff; we'd play during timeouts.

The downfall of the Aggie Band happened in 1986 when the NCAA passed the rule that bands can't play when the visitors have the ball. It was known as the Aggie Band rule because tu lobbied the NCAA because of the unfair advantage home field advantage the Aggie Band gave to Kyle Field. The teasippers were not happy about losing to A&M 42-10 in 1985 and how QB Stafford couldn't be heard at the line of scrimmage.

I don't recall specific teams but I know other bands play when visitors have the ball until they approach the line of scrimmage then they have to stop. The Aggie band does not do that at this time and I would be happy if they would. Some bands don't even play a song just a blaring note!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ87
AG

quote:
I don't recall specific teams but I know other bands play when visitors have the ball until they approach the line of scrimmage then they have to stop. The Aggie band does not do that at this time and I would be happy if they would. Some bands don't even play a song just a blaring note!
The Aggie Band will probably never just play one note right up to the snap (like SMU and OU)
Free Lunch
AG
I love Power but it sure is getting old..

Time to switch it up to All Day by Kanye!

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.