Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Regents Approved the New Seal

25,786 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AlexSAWineguy
ScoobyDoobyDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
new logo is awful. How does the BOR come up with ideas this bad? So consistently too!
agnerd
AG
Got the old seal on my diploma.

Sucks to be new army and have that crap on your diploma forever.
geb83
AG
Yeah, I thought it was so obvious that this was a BAD idea that I gave no thought that they would actually approve it.

They just made the A&M Diploma look like something you could download off a gag site and print off for fun,

Love the block ATM on helmets and hats, but seriously, the New Seal lacks class.
whatthecrunchyo
AG
Ew ew ew. And the evening callers will continue to wonder why I don't "give back" to my alma matter.
Personal Best
AG
Wow... Can't believe this actually passed.. Pretty ****ing Mickey mousey. The disneyfication of A&M continues.
gigem70
AG
It sucks.
Capt. America
AG
Unbelievably stupid.
trickplay
First we allow females, now this. What will they do next. I swear yall are a bunch of whining little brats.
Kashchei
AG
Anyone have contact info for Sharp, et al?
tamc12
AG
Typical bureaucrats, spending others money for what others don't want!!!
I guess they decided the university seal needed to look as amateur and ugly as the dumb*** statues around Kyle Field.

I am sick of these people. And Bowtie Loftin that so many of you heralded was as bad as any of them. Always made sure he was in front of a camera, grinning and acting like a goofball and your best friend while stabbing you in the back by spending $$$. George H. W. Bush and his cohort Robert Gates are at the top of the list for the many changes and downfall to A&M, global 2020, one world crap, and the start of this liberal Board of Regents.

How many of you realize that every student is now charged a fee to support a GLBT student center on campus? And it is my understanding they have $100,000 annual budget. I guess the renovated MSC isn't good enough for them. Bowen started it and Murano managed to accelerate this bulls**t in her short stint. Why should all students have to pay for a few?

Now this bunch of idiot board of regents hired one of the most liberal lawyers for president they could have possibly found from one of the most liberal of states, dedicated to international affairs for most of his career. Great, that is what A&M needs is more foreign professors that will not learn English, and catering to the admission of more foreign students instead of our own Texas students.

While Ol Sarge has been deep sixed. Disgraceful!!! That was a special reminder of all the Aggie veterans who served our country, especially the WWII veterans who answered the call and left school willing to give their lives for the freedoms we enjoy.

I am more than disgusted by the whole lot of them, the administration and the board of regents, who care nothing about Texas A&M students, the former students, or the great university it once was.

It is all about money.
Bullmoose
AG
I just tore up my IMPORTANT FORMER STUDENT VERIFICATION postcard.
The Dog Lord
AG
Just so everyone gets the discussion, here are the equivalents of what we are doing:

They are both orange and ugly, but one says "academic institution" and the other says "hill country cabin decoration."
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:
Just so everyone gets the discussion, here are the equivalents of what we are doing:

They are both orange and ugly, but one says "academic institution" and the other says "hill country cabin decoration."
Precisely.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Got the old seal on my diploma.

Sucks to be new army and have that crap on your diploma forever.
This will be the mark of new army. Anyone with a T-Star on their degree = ol' army anyone with the new seal = new army
Bullmoose
AG
Just go ahead and change it to Tits & Ass
The Dog Lord
AG
One more:

Sex Panther
AG
quote:

This
Kramer
AG
First, who is Terry McDevitt and where does he live? Anybody this stupid doesn't deserve to work for the state.

Second, my impression was Jason Cook worked in the AD. I didn't like the bevel, but I got the whole unification of branding thing. However, to justify this by saying:
quote:
"It's the same logo seen by millions of people on Saturdays each fall, so it's getting some consistency and alignment across the entire university," Cook said.

...is just stupid. I don't give a fat rat's ass what is seen by people on Saturdays.

Evidently, we've either got the cream of the marketing crop or the bottom of the barrel working on this junk, because no body else in college is doing this.

Given the fact that the new seal looks like something that would be a sticker out of a Cracker Jack box, I'm inclined to think we've got a bunch of idiots running the marketing community at A&M.
EVA3
AG
You might as well put Mickey Mouse on it.
Personal Best
AG
quote:

OlArmy12
AG
^^^^^^^^^
Michael Cera Palin
AG
So Student Senate unanimously passed the "Preserving Tradition Resolution" which requests that the BOR change the seal back. Obviously the BOR will shoot it down since they don't care about the people they represent, but I'm glad Student Senate did everything in their power to fight back.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:
So Student Senate unanimously passed the "Preserving Tradition Resolution" which requests that the BOR change the seal back. Obviously the BOR will shoot it down since they don't care about the people they represent, but I'm glad Student Senate did everything in their power to fight back.
Online petition is probably going to hit 5k tonight. Hard to imagine BoR turning a blind eye to that.

They probably still will.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
At this point I'm getting ready to accept that the monstrosity will be on my diploma in three years
SBIBCA AG 03
quote:
It doesn't make any sense. I don't even think you can buy merchandise with the seal on it. It's only for official use by the school.

I've got a Keychain with the now "old" seal
Scotch
AG
quote:
At this point I'm getting ready to accept that the monstrosity will be on my diploma in three years
You can help make sure that doesn't happen. Let the power of social media work for you, young millenial.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
My friends at other schools have already texted me complaining about the number of tweets I've put out. I'm trying I swear
7thGenTexan
AG
quote:
quote:
It doesn't make any sense. I don't even think you can buy merchandise with the seal on it. It's only for official use by the school.

I've got a Keychain with the now "old" seal
Yes, you used to be able to buy items with it. I had a bumper sticker version on my truck when I was in school back in the 90s. This was apparently outlawed by a directive from bowtie (undoubtedly with Cook whispering in his ear).
HemiAg03
AG
This really has me pissed off. The new version looks like crap. I cant wait till they call me again asking for some handouts!
Scotch
AG
In retrospect, the elimination of the seal from publicly available goods was a step toward what happened this afternoon. Well played, marketing geniuses.
weeza
AG
Someone make a gif of Sharp jacking off in the corner. That's what he might as well be doing if this is one of his priorities.
Clavell
AG
Are you guys really this upset about something so trivial?
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
they snuck this ****ty idea in faster and quieter than the idea to rename the Academic Building after Perry.
Especially since you'll notice it was placed on the consent agenda. Which means it is presumed there is no need for debate or discussion on the matter and approval will happen by consent, ie without vote. I believe there were 46 items on today's consent agenda. These are usually reserved for routine housekeeping items such as minutes approval and items discussed previously.

Since (to my knowledge) it has not been discussed in a previous meeting as an agenda item it was discussed OUTSIDE of regular meetings. By that, one can presume the BOR is conducting business outside of meetings which is a direct violation of the Texas Open Meetings Act!
Capt. America
AG
Is anybody going to go 'Old Main' on the Board of Regents?
AgKJ
AG
Class of '91 here. I like the new one a LOT better. Old one screams 'star plastered sloppily in top of a T'. New one looks like aTm.

Like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.