Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dave Christensen for OL coach - feelings?

26,654 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jeffk
1996OlAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good pickup for us??

link here zoo
who?mikejones
AG
I have a feeling it's a touchy subject
Maroon Flash
AG
This thread is great bait for sip trolls.
Sean_Jones
Sorry brah I forgot facts are not welcomed here
Blaser270
quote:
Neither are people who haven't a clue. Where's the ignore button.....
TXAggie2011
AG
Sean, one big problem for you is A&M saw under their most recent former head coaching regime that one's poor play-calling skills does not reflect one way or another of one's ability to develop a good offensive line.

Another problem is you're a poon.
WolfofNG
AG
Enjoyed his outburst at Wyoming.
Think he can get the run game going.
FrontPorchAg
Solid hire if you want a firery guy. He had no problem at Wyoming getting in some ones face.
themizz
I kind of like him after watching this! We need somebody that's a little pissed off.

http://deadspin.com/5953372/look-at-me-mr-****ing-howdy-doody-wyoming-head-coach-goes-on-hilarious-rant-after-loss-to-air-force
VaultingChemist
AG
He was named Rivals.com OC of the year for 2007, while coaching Chase Daniels at Missouri.
Sean_Jones
He hasn't been an OL coach in 24 years I'm sure he's awesome at it though.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:

Another fact is utah had some injuries this year and finished 9-4 with close losses to wash st and Arizona state, blowout losses to oregon and arizona. Just blew out their bowl opponent. Those are also facts. Also utah doesn't have much based on recruiting rankings, and they still finished 4th in rushing in the pac12. Not saying its a slam dunk home run hire. Just bringing some more facts to the table
AgBeliever
AG
Christensen is the perfect hire for us.

1. He knows the Spread (see the Mizzou offenses from '01-'08)
2. He knows how to coach O linemen in a spread
3. He's a fiery guy that won't put up with prima dona bullcrap
Sean_Jones
Oh yes I love guys who yell a lot and get pissed off who cares if they can coach football.
redass1876
AG
quote:

Stupid poster is stupid. He was OC and OLC until he left Mizzou
Sean_Jones
Haha close losses to wazzu and asu where they scored 27 and 16 points respectively. Against not good defenses. Awesome facts dude, I'm sold now.
MaxPower
Yeah I'm sure an OC that coached OL for 15 years didn't have any say in the coaching of the OL. It's not like that's critical to how is run heavy offense operates or anything like that.
Sean_Jones
Redass1876, not according to wikepedia which I trust more than you.
WolfCall
AG
quote:
He was named Rivals.com OC of the year for 2007, while coaching Chase Daniels at Missouri.
Just the kind of statement we expect to see in the next Maroon and White-Wash Report.
Knife_Party
If he can get our OL to block and enable us to run out of the spread effectively I'll be happy with the hire. More is riding on the DC hire being successful imo.
redass1876
AG
quote:

http://www.utahutes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dave_christensen_881771.html
GhostRider76
AG
Christensen sounds like a Mormon name...I wonder if he has ties to the Tongan Mormon community? He might be able to find us some huge offensive and defensive linemen....
Turf_Ag2009
Ben Diamond
Very underwhelming.
Sparkie
AG
Video makes him look like a *****. He starts yelling stuff and keeps veering off to the right away from the other coach.

If he had a sack, he would have manned up and hit the ****er. Nothing but a ****ing blow hard.
Blaser270
quote:
If he can get our OL to block and enable us to run out of the spread effectively I'll be happy with the hire. More is riding on the DC hire being successful imo.
The DC overshadowed the OC but our offense was pathetic most of the year. Spav and McKinney might both be great guys and good coaches but for now they're not cut out to be OCs at this level. Spav is very young and still learning. In time he might well be a darn good one. For now we need some experience to run the show. Someone who can put the staff together and get the most out of it.
Buda89
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
I don't know if he is or not, we will see, won't we?

I'm just saying whether he is a good OC or not does not mean he isn't a good OL coach.

There are a few plusses to look at offensively- Utah was 4th in their conference in rush yards/attempt, they had the second fewest penalties/game, They were tied for 4th in fewest turnovers/game, as well.

Really, it seems to all come down to an inability, or unwillingness, to pass the ball. I can't really speak to how much of that was the offensive line's fault, but the QB only took 20 sacks in 13 games- that's not terrible.

I'd love for him to have had a great history as a coordinator (he wouldn't be taking our OL job if he did) but I'd be much more concerned if they gave up lots of sacks, took penalties, or didn't run the ball well. We're going to have talented quarterbacks and receivers, and we're going to throw the ball here at A&M. If he can get his guys to block without taking holding penalties, we'll be OK.
JJxvi
AG
A coordinator usually still coaches a position. He was always still OL coach just like Spavital is still QB coach and McKinney was still RB coach and Kingsbury was still QB coach even though they have (had) the title of OC. No other coach at Missouri was OL coach when he was there. He was the OL coach.

Saying he hasn't coached OL in 25 years is moronic.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Haha close losses to wazzu and asu where they scored 27 and 16 points respectively. Against not good defenses. Awesome facts dude, I'm sold now.

If you notice I brought forth good and bad facts. You just like focusing on the bad, which Is why I decided to show you some of the good and bad in the same post. But keep on keepin on seanzy im sure youre having fun
GoodAg Paulie
AG
quote:

Wikipedia.....really. That's where you get your sports knowledge and base your opinion?? You are an embarrassment to this fanbase.
JJxvi
AG
Even wiki will tell you that among the coaches at Missouri in 2008 (his last year) that he was the OL coach.

Link
GoodAg Paulie
AG
quote:
Very underwhelming.

So who would have excited you??
Sean_Jones
Yeah sorry dude I had to look up Dave freakin Christensens resume on the internet. I guess I should have had that thing ****ing memorized.
N00B
If he's from Pinkel's staff, he probably can't recruit for ****. But he may actually be able to develop players.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.