Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who here doesn't like playing at Jerryworld?

18,121 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sq 17
phillyag92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would rather do home and home. Had a fantastic time last year with 91poohah and AirForceAg in Fayetteville. I can stay at home and watch the game on my big TV instead if paying lots of cash to watch it on the big TV in Arlington.
TheSwingingGate
AG
Jerryworld is only for the postseason.
r2row23
AG
$20 - $25 parking at the Ballpark next door.
runontexas
AG
Jerry Jones is my idol and should be yours too.
cecil77
AG
Went for the LSU Cotton Bowl and will never go back. If Saddam Hussein were to build a football stadium it would look like Jerryworld. A testament to wretched excess and much of what's wrong with our country in general and football in particular.
javajaws
AG
Neutral sites have no soul.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
I try not to support anything that makes Jerruh richer.
PCC_80
AG

I live about 20 mins from Jerry World and have been to more than enough A&M games there. I am fed up with that place and it's over priced everything. I don't know any Ags that are going this year. I won't be there either. I hope that our side of the field is empty. I figure that the only way that Jerry ever lets us out of that contract is if he starts losing money on the deal.
BaileyAg
AG
Hated this from the beginning
JaySugar
I HATE IT!!!!

this game should be a home game this week at Kyle Field!

Conference games should never be in pro stadiums.
Ben Diamond
Awful place for football.
GenericAggie
AG
It's a complete and utter **** hole. Sure it's new, but the views are HORRIBLE. Whoever designed that piece of crap did not do it from a fan's perspective.

The seats are too far away from the field.
The upper decks suck. You end of having to watch the stupid screen.
The screen has to be that big to even enjoy the game.
The acoustics/sounds are terrible. It's never really that loud.
The food is way over priced. 15 dollars for a hamburger? 9 dollars for a coke?

Tell me 3 things that are good about that place. I'm trying to think of 1 and I can't.
fightintxaggie10
AG
I don't like the Ags losing at Jerry World....

Also, Arkansas fans are terrible winners. It's like tech, the better they are, the worse their fans. I've seen two fights two different years. I've been to every game we've had there, we better win this time... Can't take hawgs screaming "WOOOOOOOO PIGGGGGGG SOUIEEEEEEEE!!" Over and over and over again in my ear as I exit the stadium....
howitzercannon
AG
How is it a great recruiting tool? For us or Arky? Because kids get to play in Jerry world? This is what makes it a great recruiting tool? doesn't every weekend have a game of some sorts at jerry world for College ball?

Again, how does this make it a great recruiting tool? What benefits in recruiting are there?...

If that's the case, let's do a game in Houston, for those Houston recruits. Actually, if playing in the local metorplex's NFL stadium is such a great recruiting tool, why not just play all our games in SEC territory but in their respective NFL stadiums? We could have saved a whole **** load of money on this renovation we are currently in the middle of.

But, yeah, playing neutral site games in Dallas is a great recruiting tool...
MROD92
Prefer home and home
rocky the dog
AG
The "recruiting" excuse is overrated. Our recruiting is doing fine without Jerryworld.
Home and home. With Kyle Field improvements, who needs the game played at a neutral site?
GrapevineAg
AG
Indoor football sucks.
VanZandt92
quote:
The "recruiting" excuse is overrated. Our recruiting is doing fine without Jerryworld.
Home and home. With Kyle Field improvements, who needs the game played at a neutral site?
AginZZ
AG
Dont be fooled ya'll, its all about the money. The recruiting story-line is a smoke screen to hide the fact that these off campus games are damaging the heart and soul of college football. IMHO
Brick Tamland
I've figured it out. We play at Kyle in even numbered years and Cowboys Stadium in odd number years.
Brick Tamland
quote:
It's a complete and utter **** hole. Sure it's new, but the views are HORRIBLE. Whoever designed that piece of crap did not do it from a fan's perspective.

An Aggie firm designed it.
1876er
AG
quote:
Its good to be in the DFW area for recruiting. We are "the SEC in north Texas." I would play 3 games a year in Jerry World if I could. Local kids love that stadium, and if they dont get to play there for the HS championship game, being on the field versus Arky is a great game to be in, its one level removed from actually playing for the Cowboys. You gotta remember these are emotionally arrested pubescent boys, a huge stadium is a point of pride and grandness.

More proof the debt is clueless. Kyle field is bigger and better than AT&T stadium in every way. Kyle field is a better recruiting tool than a stupid game in Dallas.
Cornerback31
AG
GregZeppelin nailed it as have many of you. I hate paying for over priced everything (tickets, parking, food and drinks) just so Jerrah gets his cut to make more money. The big screen is a big distraction to the actual game. You don't even feel like you're at a football game but at an outdoor theater. One of Bill Byrne's worst decisions. Should be home and home. Winning and the Bright Complex helps recruiting 100 times more than jerrah world ever could. I went to the first Arky game there and the Cotton Bowl with LSU and will never go back. And I live 30 minutes from Arlington. I can see the game much better at home on my big HDTV and the beer is much cheaper.
russellme9
Been there done that. Never again, will watch it on my tv instead of paying him to watch it on his. Bad environment for football.
AGS749901
I don't like the cost. Especially since Jerry is doing sloots on my money. I bet he invites Arky recruits to come to his suite for sloppy seconds. We saw Johnny there when Jerry was interested in making him a Cowboy. Johnny probably told he doesn't do seconds. So now Johnny is not a cowboy.
JeffHamilton82
I don't love it, but our players and recruits love it and it makes us more money. We are doing it for 10'more years at least so I see no reason to get worked up over it now.
Slip01
FOOLS!

This is being used as a warm-up game for the National Championship. You don't think Sumlin thought about that???

Unbelievable...
fistofsouth
Parking is expensive and unless you want to go to a theme park there is nothing around the Deathstar for miles. Laura Miller needs to die a thousand deaths for not getting the new facility either downtown or to have the actual Cotton Bowl refurbished as Jerry wanted. Instead we have a pro stadium that is not even in Dallas County and is a monument to idiocracy. Victoria's Secret in the stadium? The jokes write themselves.
SquadsRight
AG
play on campus dammit!!!
Picadillo
Screw jerry
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Its good to be in the DFW area for recruiting. We are "the SEC in north Texas." I would play 3 games a year in Jerry World if I could. Local kids love that stadium, and if they dont get to play there for the HS championship game, being on the field versus Arky is a great game to be in, its one level removed from actually playing for the Cowboys. You gotta remember these are emotionally arrested pubescent boys, a huge stadium is a point of pride and grandness.

More proof the debt is clueless. Kyle field is bigger and better than AT&T stadium in every way. Kyle field is a better recruiting tool than a stupid game in Dallas.

More proof you're a kool aid drinking idiot. It's not which is bigger or better its what the perception is by recruits in the dfw market. It's also the height of stupidity that kids don't want to play in front of their family friends. It's also pretty dumb to think Kyle Field will be the only venue we are selling to them. (One of the big things we get to say versus our regional competition is that you get to go to death valley and Tuscaloosa and the swamp etc. Adding the death star to that list gets them pumped) People do not have monolithic tastes.

Acting as tho 9 games in kyle field every season is the selling point that will win battles is silly. Do you really think a kid cares between 9 or 7 games per season at kyle?

You also fail to recognize in 10-15 years, Kyle won't be new. It won't be as mint as it is. There may actually be college stadiums built that surpass it. *gasps*
Sex Panther
AG
Not a single recruit is signing up because we play at ****ing Jerryworld.
The Debt
Where did you grow up SP?

Well, rather, where were you raised?
Sex Panther
AG
Tyler, but I moved to the Hill Country before high school.
aeon-ag
I don't beloeve jerry should make a dime on our game. I believe in home/home games. Why would any Ag want to play away from Kyle?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.