Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Winston Suspended

26,721 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MassAggie97
Personal Best
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Bout time
bmks270
AG
Amazing he gets suspended for this but not for shoplifting.

I think the shoplifting was worse. Both are idiotic and embarrassing to FSU.

I would be embarrassed if it was a random student doing that in the MSC. Imagine if a tour group is walking by and a random student is doing that in the MSC.... And it's the university's star player doing this?
aggiebrad94
AG
he did get suspended... From the baseball team.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
"If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones"

Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
Furthermore, I think we take at least 3 more first place votes from FSU if they lose. (Provided we whoop on SMU by 50 like we should.)
VegasAg86
AG
quote:
quote:
"If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones"

I'll take Johnnie's antics over what Winston did every time.
CapCityAg09
that's wussup
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

Bout time

That's what I'm saying
bwmammoth
AG
Winston will obviously be drafted next year by the Cowboys.
Post removed:
by user
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Wait what? Shaggyaggie09? Lurker apparently...
marble rye
AG
quote:
Sickens me to see so many people on message boards calling him a 20-21 year old kid who made a mistake. Johnny was crucified for much less and the talking heads said the 20 year old kid who made a mistake statement was a lame excuse. Wonder if Lou Holtz would consider "grabbing him by the throat?" Wonder when Barry Switzer will say, "For him to act so arrogant, I want to jerk his face mask and I want to grab him. Of course you get fired for that now; in the old days you could get away with that. It's the world we live in. It's a misplaced value system. When I see this happen I wonder where the core value system comes from, if he has a core value system. This young man needs a damn hell of a lot of development."

None of this will be said. He black den.
12thGauge
"Ok so i look at jonny wen he say, Jameis you **** her and den i say yeah i **** her if you **** her and den jonny say den we **** her right in the poosy"

New statement released about what went down!
v1rotate92
AG
Herm Edwards just said on CFL that Jameis is "following Johnny Manziel"

According to Herm:

Raping a girl = bar fight
Theft = signing autographs for money
usmcbrooks
quote:
Now imagine that he's WHITE Johnny Football.

FIFY
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Wonder when Barry Switzer will say, "For him to act so arrogant, I want to jerk his face mask and I want to grab him. Of course you get fired for that now; in the old days you could get away with that

Shall we review the exemplary conduct of the OU football team under that strict disciplinarian, Barry Switzer?

Lineroonie

quote:
TROUBLED TIMES AT OKLAHOMA : When Football Program's Dignity Went Out the Window, Its Priorities Did, Too
March 26, 1989

NORMAN, Okla. Don't believe a word the license plates say here: Oklahoma is not OK. It is embarrassed, confused, angry, bitter and considerably less
naive about the inner workings of its once-mighty football program.Reality operates in strange ways. One day, you're on top of the college
football polls; the next, you're on probation, as the University of
Oklahoma is in the National Collegiate Athletic Assn. for the next three
seasons.Suddenly the Boz is blurting out best-selling tales of gun, steroid and cocaine use at Bud Wilkinson House, the campus athletic
dormitory at OU. A fable, you think--until one night a shot rings out
from inside the dorm: Cornerback Jerry Parks has aimed a gun at the
chest of offensive lineman Zarak Peters--and then, incredibly, pulled
the trigger. The bullet came within inches of Peters' heart.Peters lives, but the OU football program goes on the critical list. After all, how many slugs to the image can it take?

Sadly, there is more. An alleged gang-rape of an Oklahoma City woman by three
OU players rocks a campus increasingly suspicious of the Sooner system.
Add to that the startling arrest of quarterback Charles Thompson on
charges of selling cocaine and you have a university searching for
answers and, on occasion, scapegoats, of which the list is long and
distinguished.Among those already fitted for nooses are Coach Barry Switzer, Athletic Director Donnie Duncan, the school's board of
regents, Oklahoma Gov. Henry Bellmon, the players and even the
win-at-all-costs philosophy that permeates a program such as Oklahoma's.In the end, it seems as if you can point a finger in any direction and be at least a little bit right.

Oklahoma's misfortunes became national news, of course. Thompson made the cover of Sports Illustrated, which would have been a nice addition to the family
den had he not been wearing an orange jail jumpsuit and handcuffs. "How
Barry Switzer's Sooners Terrorized Their Campus," is how SI put it in
its headline....

At least they didn't do any of the awful stuff Johnny did, you know, acting arrogant and stuff.
Post removed:
by user
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
Johnny's shenanigans are cheeky and fun, Winston's shenanigans are cruel and tragic, making them not really shenanigans at all, eevil shenanigans

beebeegee
AG
Also, in his news conference "apologized" to the University, his coaching staff, and his teammates. He said he was sorry again twice (I think) to his teammates.

Never once did he apologize to the people he shouted obscenities toward. This POS is only sorry that it got tweeted and that he has to sit out, not for his own actions and still does not realize why it was wrong.
Ian Neff
AG
SP
Foxo
AG
Some day he will have as many illegitimate children as Adrian Peterson.
TexasAggiesWin
S
MassAggie97
AG
quote:
His bizarre social behavior has now taken him out of the running for another Heisman. And deservedly so....he's a freak.

Meh. They'll still give it to him if his team runs the table and he's the clear-cut favorite statistically. I have no confidence in the sports world when it comes to sending a social message to a guy like Jameis. If the atmosphere is right, guys like him get protected/coddled every time.

In my opinion, if, at the end of the season Jameis has the stats, the narrative will be "yeah, but look at all of Manziels's off-the-field problems, and he won the Heisman anyway". This will probably also be cast very quickly as "after the incident on campus, he refocused and rededicated himself to his game....the coaches all believe he emerged a smarter and more mature player".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.