Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Serious Bevel logo question.

6,216 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by GEA89
JaySugar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A for sure.
Chickenhawk
quote:
"A" inside the state of Texas outline.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
A
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexanJeff
AG
A inside the State Line!! With Texas Aggies in the Endzone!
Buck Nasty
AG
A
JJxvi
AG
As a known bevel-lover, I will agree that the plain block logo inside the state outline actually looks superior to the beveled version with the state outline, and I also like it better than the current bevel aTm logo as well. The state outline itself adds the necessary professional flair needed making the bevel superfluous and the logo can be simply altered with outlines to fit both dark and light backgrounds without the necessity of inverting the colors.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 2/7/2014 4:09p).]
Capt. America
AG
I like the way y'all think!
rocky the dog
AG
Tarleton State already does this.
rocky the dog
AG
BTW, Tarleton State has a CORRECT bevel.
duffelpud
AG
JJxvi
AG
So what? Nice bevel though.

TSU's current logo is identical to ours to the point that I think "That's a weird TAMU billboard" when I pass their billboard on the gulf freeway in Houston.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 2/7/2014 4:49p).]
ArmyAg97
AG
A
A
and A
ArmyAg97
AG
A
A
and A
ArmyAg97
AG
A
A
and A
ArmyAg97
AG
A
A
and A
crackyjoe
Prefer A, but am not that bothered by the bevel. Am a fan of the state outline without the bevel, though.
Cyanide15
AG
A!
Old Main
AG
A

I agree that the aTm logo doesn't need to be in a box. If the maroon aTm is on a white background or if the white aTm is on a maroon background the classic Block aTm logo will work. If the logo is on a background color other than maroon or white simply outline the three letters in the other school color. The white aTm would have a thin maroon outline and the maroon aTm would have a thin white outline. There is no need for boxes.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 2/8/2014 3:00p).]
MagnumLoad
As if we have a say.
stetson
AG
I've pretty much stayed out of the Bevel War and prefer the non-bevel myself, but I have long wondered a) why we went with a geometrically incorrect design and b) why only the T is beveled on the bevel logo?
Gradaggie05
AG
A
Brick Tamland
B is our official logo
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
As if we have a say.

Exactly!!!!! The logo we have ain't going anywhere...sorry old main, you'll just have to deal with that!
aggieband 83
AG
The solid block T ain't goin anywhere either. No matter how hard Jason Cook and his helpers try to market the crappy bevel it will always suck. It came from texas tech.....send it back. It is a cheap copy of what texas tech has.....stop using it. It is a reminder of texas tech....we are better than that school. The entire idea of a beveled T and beveled numbers was "cute" but it does not represent what the current and former students want. You don't believe that? Then why is there so much arguing over it? The sad part is Texas A&M actually paid some marketing company to come up with that crappy "brand".

I have said it before and I will say it again until it happens: Use the Former Student Association, the 12th Man Foundation, and the TAMU Presidents office. Ask all current and former students what logo they want: Solid Block T or the crappy beveled thing. Ask what phrase they want: Texas Aggies or Texas A&M Aggies. The solid Block T and "Texas Aggies" will win easily. Then let's see If Jason Cook has the stones to market what people actually want instead of marketing what he wants or marketing what the "expert marketing company" suggests!
RAB83
AG
No bevel
BaileyAg
AG
A
pinche gringo
AG
A
TAMU-93
AG
A
Redcatcher
No bevel is boring
Towns03
AG
A and only A
champagnepapi
quote:
let's see If Jason Cook has the stones to market what people actually want instead of marketing what he wants or marketing what the "expert marketing company" suggests!
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
BTW, Tarleton State has a CORRECT bevel.
PabloSerna
AG
Thanks for making "The Bevel" transcendent guys! It's never going away now, just gonna morph into another level. This type of attention is GOLD!

[This message has been edited by PabloSerna (edited 2/10/2014 8:48a).]
GEA89
AG
You who ***** about the bevel really need to get a life.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.