Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The rumors were true about gray uniforms

30,501 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by OHAg82
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who would have thought the day would come when a school wearing their actual colors would be considered a radical idea.
ElephantRider
AG
Black and gray are neutral colors, just like white. When we start wearing blue or yellow you're free to panic
spadilly
S
'Cool Gray 11' is considered a support color in the A&M Brand Guide. http://t.co/B3aQlpAym1
AGinHI
AG
quote:
This. I think it's ridiculous that a recruit's opinion of where to attend is so swayed by something so stupid ("no I'd rather go play in some near-Arctic location with a crappy rep as long as the unis are cool!") but if that's the way it is.....that's the way it is. Bring em on.

But in the case of Oregon

quote:
Our pitch is that every three years, each recruit who comes here will have a chance to work with Nike, and not only design the colors, but the product, and the look. Some of 'em get really into it, and some of them are actually working at Nike as designers.

Is Nike's Influence On The University Of Oregon Football Team Bordering On Interference?

quote:
Who would have thought the day would come when a school wearing their actual colors would be considered a radical idea.

Not to worry. New and exciting can become boring as well and one day everything that was old will be new again.

JRB78
AG
Nothing says new and exciting like gray.
dixichkn
AG
^^^^ My thoughts exactly. What's more bland and boring?
AGinHI
AG
Hey, I'm with you.

I said this earlier in the year when more schools were pulling out the greys

quote:
IMHO grey looks good in an advertisement that has been edited in photoshop, but in reality is quite boring

My new and exciting comment is about moving away from the traditional look to appeal to recruits. That's why we're seeing some ridiculous combinations and awful color schemes, but eventually it will become so common it will be perceived as boring and old school.

A cyclical trend.
Matt_s
AG
quote:
My main problem with this incarnation is that it will appear to the public as a copy cat maneuver.

I think at this point, with so many teams having alt jerseys, it is no longer a copy cat maneuver. It more of a "keeping up with the times" maneuver.

If the public sees it as anything, they'll see it as TAMU keeping up with the latest in football fashion trends. They'll tweet about it. Everyone at Adidas will take notice. Adidas will make us an all pink BCA uniform to wear next year. And then you will all be wishing we were in gray and not hot pink, because the gray jerseys really aren't that bad.
TheJim
AG
quote:
quote:
I am partial to maroon and white.

Are you also partial to winning? Because this is part of the answer.

Absolutely! Look at how tricked up Bama's uniforms are. Or Auburn's. Or LSU's. Or Florida's. Everyone knows kids won't play for a program that has less than 15 alternate uniforms.

Old Army is so foolish!
ElephantRider
AG
Florida has worn a lot of alternates, even LSU has a few times over the past few years
Amazing Moves
I like it
Cornerback31
AG
Gray looked terrible on tceh, osu, and tennessee. if that picture is right it will look terrible on us. Now the light gray pants with the maroon jerseys and helmets we wore a few years ago were great.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
quote:
Gray looked terrible on tceh, osu, and tennessee. if that picture is right it will look terrible on us. Now the light gray pants with the maroon jerseys and helmets we wore a few years ago were great.

+1
TheJim
AG
quote:

See, that's where you're wrong. It doesn't matter if it looks ridiculous. All recruits are the same, and all recruits love wild-ass tricked out uniforms, regardless of whether or not they look good. That's why tceh, osu, and tcu regularly destroy Bama in recruiting.

Old Army is so foolish!
ElephantRider
AG
You're an idiot, jim
OHAg82
AG
quote:
See, that's where you're wrong. It doesn't matter if it looks ridiculous. All recruits are the same, and all recruits love wild-ass tricked out uniforms, regardless of whether or not they look good. That's why tceh, osu, and tcu regularly destroy Bama in recruiting.

Old Army is so foolish!

not sure if serious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.