Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,698 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I first noticed the drains because I am always looking for what is new and what had been added when I go take pics of Kyle, and after seeing the close up pic, I did have to wonder why that connection was not made within the canopy. Once painted, they should look ok.
AgEngineer72
AG
quote:
The pipes are a non-issue in one respect, but when you drop as much money as we have, you really want to finish everything off nicely. Painting or hiding the pipes isn't a huge request and helps everything look that much more finished. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal, but I notice that kind of stuff. It's the same thing when people don't paint cleanly and don't bother to wipe it off of the trim.
Among my current responsibilities I manage facilities construction- so I notice things. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist too so raw details stick out. But I really don't think these pipes will be that noticeable from the ground. Your eyes don't have telephoto lenses.....

A few years ago I was complaining about something minor and an old-timer told me that the only 2 types of people who would notice are me and a few others in the construction business. From a practical perspective that's quite true- not an excuse to allow sloppy work but highlights the need to be practical too.
spanky
AG
If they didn't paint the tan siding black, I don't see them painting the white PVC
chipotle
Hell, why not put the pipes behind the column instead of off to the side. To me that would have been fine. I guess whatever intern that was looking at the shop drawings missed where the hole was cut into the steel and it was below the metal soffit panels. Steel shop drawings are a tedious b***h to look through but on a project such as this suck it the hell up.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
By far the most beautiful and elegant sports venue not only in conference but in all of football.
We really don't know how much we are blessed. We are truly the envy of all the belles at the ball with new Kyle Field. Who said it wasn't possible to make the Mecca of College Football any more amazing?

Well, pictures are worth a thousand words. These pics show it is possible.
My friends are so jealous and yes I have TU friends. They are in disbelief of how much better our place is compared to that outdated overhyped stadium they have.

So darn proud to be an Aggie! This season can't start soon enough.
Vamos! Gig Em!

I guess the sips won't be able to refer to it as 'Pyle' anymore.
DelValAg
Wow!!! Really nice progress on Kyle Field- it's a sight to see....
txsportsman10
AG
Why is there ADA seating right next to the field?

I'd rather have drunk pissed off college students there personally?
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:

The law disagrees with you.
bks7204
Why can't it be drunk pissed off disabled people?
Fitch
AG
quote:
Exactly. They got rights too you know. I've encountered several today in New York alone.
txsportsman10
AG
quote:
quote:

So handicapped folks need to be as close to the field as possible for what reason?

Im certainly not trying to be inconsiderate, but parking spots are one thing ...

I'm gonna stop there because any comparison I'm making in my head sounds sarcastic and insensitive.

Front row second deck seems like a better idea ... Less vertical differential I would think, better view, etc
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:
Exactly. They got rights too you know. I've encountered several today in New York alone.
It can. As long as they've got the credentials.
txsportsman10
AG
Unless they have a separate entrance??

If that's the case and they don't have to go up or down any ramps, maybe I should research these things before speaking out of turn
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

So handicapped folks need to be as close to the field as possible for what reason?
Because non-handicapped people can be there too? The whole point of ADA is equal access to public facilities. If someone in a wheelchair can afford the donation/seat, why shouldn't they be allowed to sit there? And there are drunk pissed off college students in wheelchairs too. I got to know a few when I was in school.

I am no advocate, but this is a terrible thing to get worked up over. (The number of) HC parking spaces are a different matter.
AggieReds
Nice
twk
AG
quote:
Unless they have a separate entrance??

If that's the case and they don't have to go up or down any ramps, maybe I should research these things before speaking out of turn
I'm no ADA expert, but I think that you are supposed to have ADA seating on every seating level (East 3rd deck would be grandfathered--that's one reason we left it untouched). So, if you have to have ADA seating in West first deck, that's the logical place for it.
45-70Ag
AG
I like the way the arguments have moved. From drainage pipes to ada compliance. What's next?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
I like the way the arguments have moved. From drainage pipes to ada compliance. What's next?
Duh! Clearly the impact of new Kyle on climate change!!!!
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Bazinga!
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:
It's gonna be hottttttt!
CrottyKid
AG
Boosting the CS dome. No more rain.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Looks like a walking surface finally going up (tile?) around the playing field...
FriendlyAg
quote:
Looks like a walking surface finally going up (tile?) around the playing field...

Ice skating rink being laid in sizable sheets. Wish those guys knew it was gonna melt.
CrottyKid
AG
I would like to see this in higher resolution to know what it is. Is it some kind of field turf or what?
webbslinger
AG
get ready for all the

It does not match, etc... comments.

I'd like to see some artificial hedges there somewhere.
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:
I would like to see this in higher resolution to know what it is. Is it some kind of field turf or what?
It's commonly known as "grass."
BoxingAg84

CrottyKid
AG
That's grass around the field?
ftworthag02
AG
Willing to bet it's field turf since it's not irrigated.
AgsWin2011
AG
It's some sort of track system. This was discussed already.
The Collective
AG
quote:
This was discussed already.

Story of this thread.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and say that I am outraged.
wbt5845
AG
Moe 92
AG

Edit 3: I give the eff up. Imgs look fine in preview and look like bad code when posted.
Moe 92
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.