Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,664 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
People are getting so worked up over a few drainage pipes. I bet 90% of the people complaining would have never noticed them if there wasnt a picture posted of them

They're noticeable in the pic above your post.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
People are getting so worked up over a few drainage pipes. I bet 90% of the people complaining would have never noticed them if there wasnt a picture posted of them

They wouldn't nor would they care!
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
So true.

Drainage-Gate. I love this place.
chipotle
Yall remember the great brick-panel-seam....gate of 2013?
ftworthag02
AG
The same ones that are *****ing about the white drain pipe are the same ones that have these at their house
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-Automatic-Drain-Away-Downspout-Extender-System-DE46/202518593/
NightHawk150
AG
quote:
If y'all like the outside, wait until you see the inside

Hey you! What outfit were you in? I'm c/o '12 also
Swagmanag
Just horrible. We paid $0.5B for crap like this?
SA-AG72
AG
quote:

You need an enema.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
By far the most beautiful and elegant sports venue not only in conference but in all of football.
We really don't know how much we are blessed. We are truly the envy of all the belles at the ball with new Kyle Field. Who said it wasn't possible to make the Mecca of College Football any more amazing?

Well, pictures are worth a thousand words. These pics show it is possible.
My friends are so jealous and yes I have TU friends. They are in disbelief of how much better our place is compared to that outdated overhyped stadium they have.

So darn proud to be an Aggie! This season can't start soon enough.
Vamos! Gig Em!
45-70Ag
AG
Lol
Fitch
AG

I tend to agree.
ag2003
AG
If we only had a lazy river.....
locogringo
AG
quote:
If we only had a lazy river.....
Only relevant gripe I've heard yet.......maybe one day

quote:

This is AWESOME!!!
BoxingAg84
You forgot to post the vid...

mcag83
AG
It's awesome. Fill it. Let's play......
roginaustin
S
I assume it's been discussed, but there's a lot of posts to search through so I figured I'd ask. The back side of the stands near bright and McFerrin, are they getting a brick facade as well?
spanky
AG
quote:
I assume it's been discussed, but there's a lot of posts to search through so I figured I'd ask. The back side of the stands near bright and McFerrin, are they getting a brick facade as well?

No
Fitch
AG
Not this go around. The official statement is that it can be added later but it didn't make the budget this time.

Personally I see it being a difficult add given the cantilevered structure, but I'm just a lowly finance major, not one of them hot shot engineers
Federale01
AG
I don't think it would need an entire facade. Just a few rows of bricks along the horizontal surfaces, like you see between the west side activation tower and the Zone, would go a long way in giving it a finished look.
ContinentalAg
Doesn't need a facade. As designed, it provides an interesting and unique contrast of styles. The stadium looks great!
roginaustin
S
I figured there would be a brick facade, maybe going just as high as Bright, and connecting bright to the stadium. With the angles I wouldn't expect anything going all the way up with the angles.
spanky
AG
quote:
Doesn't need a facade. As designed, it provides an interesting and unique contrast of styles. The stadium looks great!
It was never intended to have a facade like the other sides, but the columns were to be bricked originally
95_Aggie
AG
It's Groundhog Day
SA-AG72
AG
quote:
It's Groundhog Day

You can say that again.
AG
quote:

You forgot to add "This old army Ag" before your post.
torrid
AG
Just noticed they seem to have updated this picture on the redevelopment home page with the track around the field instead of grass. Not sure when it was changed.

The Collective
AG
quote:
It's Groundhog Day

Did they have to bury the cranes?
ag2003
AG
half a billions and we couldn't get hedges?
The Dog Lord
AG
The two-tiered facade on the west side with the balconies/patios is awesome. I wish the east was the same.
AgEngineer72
AG
quote:
quote:

I do wish they would paint them the same color of the column, but no- nobody would notice if were not for the picture. When they walk up on game day, in a packed crowd, they will be dwarfed by the stadium and focused on the crowd and festivities. They'll never notice a relatively small pipe 70-80 feet over their head.
exp
AG
I drove up to College Station today to see the stadium in person. Oh my god it is beautiful! I have completely changed my opinion of the South end zone facade...a total non issue. This stadium is imposing, gorgeous to look at, and no doubt the most impressive stadium in the country.

Toured the Bright complex as well, which is extremely impressive. Just standing in the Bright area you really feel like you're in a special place for football...Bright on one side with Kyle Field looming over head, the weight room to another side, indoor facilities opposite that, and practice fields on the fourth side. Not hard to be impressed.

ONLY disappointing thing was we didn't have a Belitnikoff Award to show off for Mike Evans. He got robbed in 2012!
SA-AG72
AG
Do we have a group of OCDs on Texags?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
Do we have a group of OCDs on Texags?
You just realized that?!?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do wish they would paint them the same color of the column, but no- nobody would notice if were not for the picture. When they walk up on game day, in a packed crowd, they will be dwarfed by the stadium and focused on the crowd and festivities. They'll never notice a relatively small pipe 70-80 feet over their head.
Maybe it will be painted or covered in some gun-metal casing which will render them invisible...SUCH a non issue! (except in TexAgs, naturally!)
The Dog Lord
AG
The pipes are a non-issue in one respect, but when you drop as much money as we have, you really want to finish everything off nicely. Painting or hiding the pipes isn't a huge request and helps everything look that much more finished. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal, but I notice that kind of stuff. It's the same thing when people don't paint cleanly and don't bother to wipe it off of the trim.
First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.