Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,834 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
rcb05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the indoor facility roofs are getting a power wash now that major construction is complete (photo via Ronnie Woodard).

twk
AG
quote:
I think they are going to have the same site line problems in section 113 as consequence of the cement wall and people either sitting or standing in 114 as they had on the second deck of the zone. I believe that section has now been converted to loge seating. I can't imagine how hot that corner is going to be when the cement heats up.
The problem in the Zone was the students standing while the folks in the Zone were seated. The sight lines looked fine on paper, it was only in practice when that was a problem.

The folks in that corner are going to be looking right to see the field because that's where it is. If they were trying to look straight ahead, it would be a problem. I guess the 20 seats or so actually up against the wall might not have great views, but the views one or two seats over won't be much better.
ToxicAG
Going to be interesting to see what happens when someone who paid $3500/seat in section 113 can't see the game while someone 6 ft away who paid $500/seat has a great view.
Fitch
AG
quote:
Looks like the indoor facility roofs are getting a power wash now that major construction is complete (photo via Ronnie Woodard).

Good stuff. Walked around yesterday and they sorely needed it. Hope they power wash the trees and the backside of the video board screens too, they're thick with yellow dust.
torrid
AG
Where would you rather sit?

A is A
AG
quote:

yikes
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
The other SEC stadiums have ruined my opinion of the new Kyle.

LSU says hi
The Collective
AG
Damn, they should have just stuck some permanent tables in that wedged section and made it a bar area for west siders.
ToxicAG
That will be loge seating next season or by the second game
twk
AG
quote:

The folks who bought those seats would have been in position to know the limitations of those seats, as amply demonstrated by the 3D seat viewer. The fact is, however, that once folks got down to selecting those seats in 113, they had somewhat limited options if they wanted armchair seats, and the seats you are comparing to never would have been an option (those are faculty seats, IIRC).
CrottyKid
AG
They owe those people a refund....or unlimited free beer and hotdogs. I would by those tickets for unlimited free beer and hotdogs.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Even though those views (via seats 3D) have been known for well over a year, I cannot wait to hear how the rich folk are all up in arms!! I won't lie...their first world problem will be fun to follow!!
torrid
AG
Known in advance or not, it's an abomination to a supposed "state of the art" venue.

So what sort of nickname should we have for Section 113 anyway. The Pit? The Founders Half-Suite?
JeffHamilton82
I don't know if these issues could have been avoided unless we built a new stadium on West campus.
geolag02
AG
quote:
Known in advance or not, it's an abomination to a supposed "state of the art" venue.

So what sort of nickname should we have for Section 113 anyway. The Pit? The Founders Half-Suite?

"John Sharps Chancellor Chambers" or the "The Bevel Box"
chipotle
quote:

The "Oh it awesome despite it's quirks, LOL give me your money" Section
twk
AG
quote:

Well, Mr. Architect, how would you have solved the transition on that corner? Do you think the folks at Populous are just stupid, or where they working within certain constraints?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Eesh. Section 113 is brutal.
twk
AG
quote:
Even though those views (via seats 3D) have been known for well over a year, I cannot wait to hear how the rich folk are all up in arms!! I won't lie...their first world problem will be fun to follow!!
The people who selected those seats wouldn't exactly have been high in priority points. I can't remember when those sold it, but I think it was just before I picked (and I'm no BMA). The folks who selected those would have been buying them for reasons other than having a good view of the action--maybe armchair seating was important, or access to the concessions (they will be serving alcohol down behind first deck), or minimizing the climb to their seats. It's not like these seats were forced on unwilling buyers.
chipotle
quote:
quote:

Well, Mr. Architect, how would you have solved the transition on that corner? Do you think the folks at Populous are just stupid, or where they working within certain constraints?
I believe there's always a better solution given any budget portioned for construction. However, there's always a point for any architect (especially a large firm) that a problem inconveniences their profit and someone yells "pencils down" or "wrap this up". The piling of these "quirks" seems to support my theory.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I believe there's always a better solution given any budget portioned for construction. However, there's always a point for any architect (especially a large firm) that a problem inconveniences their profit and someone yells "pencils down" or "wrap this up". The piling of these "quirks" seems to support my theory.
Sure. Part of the problem in this corner is that the rake of the west first deck is so shallow: why is that the case? So that they could squeeze in a row of suites and provide separation from the second deck club level, which was key to raising the money for the project. Raise the rake on that deck, and there go your prime suites.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
how would you have solved the transition on that corner?

Aggies1322
AG
quote:

Trick question. I don't sit, I stand.
Richardson Zone
AG
quote:
I don't know if these issues could have been avoided unless we built a new stadium on West campus.

Remind me why we didn't do this?
95_Aggie
AG
Because all of our existing athletics infrastructure is adjacent to the current location.
Fitch
AG
If you're going to talk about section 113, at least have a screen grab of the field that's realistic.

Not any different from any other corner section in the first deck.
Fitch
AG
quote:
quote:

Because when evaluating the different sites around campus the ones on west campus came back with the lowest scores along with the golf course.

No roads, no parking, not near student living, not near the entertainment district, cost to build new, groundwater costs, no sewer, not near training facilities...the list goes on...
Richardson Zone
AG
quote:
UBecause all of our existing athletics infrastructure is adjacent to the current location.
Why would the stadium need to be adjacent to the Bright building or the practice fields?
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because when evaluating the different sites around campus the ones on west campus came back with the lowest scores along with the golf course.

No roads, no parking, not near student living, not near the entertainment district, cost to build new, groundwater costs, no sewer, not near training facilities...the list goes on...
This. People forget that the TMF has NEVER spent a dime on parking capital costs. That, alone, would have been a huge part of the costs for any new location.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
What's sad (troubling?) about the Seats3D site is how the got the flags WRONG! All three!
cdowl38
AG
mitch i think you need to get a life
Richardson Zone
AG
The university has proposed new parking garages anyway since there isn't enough parking near Kyle now.

It seems the stadium could have remained in the same location and the design issues could have been avoided if the zone was leveled and everything built from scratch, but they would have had to play away from Kyle for a season.
rcb05
AG
quote:
The university has proposed new parking garages anyway since there isn't enough parking near Kyle now.

It seems the stadium could have remained in the same location and the design issues could have been avoided if the zone was leveled and everything built from scratch, but they would have had to play away from Kyle for a season.
It's not too late if you want to throw in the extra $100 million it would cost to demolish/rebuild the Zone.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Why would the stadium need to be adjacent to the Bright building or the practice fields?

Should they take a bus from the locker room?
torrid
AG
quote:
I'm sure the architects will include that section in their portfolios. But true, at the end of the day they had to work within the constraints of time, budget, and client demands. It's just that whole NW corner seems to be the point where they decided "eff it".

quote:
Trick question. I don't sit, I stand.
With my knees, I have to sit.

quote:
If you're going to talk about section 113, at least have a screen grab of the field that's realistic.

Not any different from any other corner section in the first deck.
Never said it was a blocked view. To me, it's a matter of environment. If I were paying premium dollars to sit there, I certainly wouldn't want to feel boxed in like that.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.