Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,820 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not going to align on the rich people side. They don't care though because they'll never see it. Going to look stupid in my opinion. Don't know why they couldn't design the west side to allow the ribbon board to be lined up continuous all the way around.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Well this looks odd. Is there not going to be a ribbon board on the west side or maybe it just won't be lined up with the end zone and east side?

It's between the 1st and 2nd deck
AFDave13
AG
quote:
It's not going to align on the rich people side. They don't care though because they'll never see it. Going to look stupid in my opinion. Don't know why they couldn't design the west side to allow the ribbon board to be lined up continuous all the way around.
Getting more prime, club seating and making the west side more vertical was more important than a continuous ribbon board that only 1/4 of the stadium will use.
chipotle
quote:

What a mess
Richardson Zone
AG
Oh my. Too late to tear it down and start from scratch?
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
quote:
...it may have been answered already, but where is the "WELCOME TO AGGIELAND" sign going? Sure its current location is a "leave it there until we can put it where goes" right?

Are they re-doing the auxiliary scoreboards on the 3rd deck of the east side? In the new stadium they kinda look high schoolish...plus the west side no longer has them...

The Welcome to Aggieland sign is installed in its permanent location on the awning between the two levels of suits between second and third deck. It's hard to see unless your above it, then it's just fine. Doesn't show up well in pictures.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:

What a mess Looks awesome

FIFY
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
...it may have been answered already, but where is the "WELCOME TO AGGIELAND" sign going? Sure its current location is a "leave it there until we can put it where goes" right?

Are they re-doing the auxiliary scoreboards on the 3rd deck of the east side? In the new stadium they kinda look high schoolish...plus the west side no longer has them...

The Welcome to Aggieland sign is installed in its permanent location on the awning between the two levels of suits between second and third deck. It's hard to see unless your above it, then it's just fine. Doesn't show up well in pictures.
that is colossally stupid! So you basically have a sign that cannot be seen from the field, first deck and probably the second deck and can only be seen from above because it is at roughly 25-35 degrees to ground level? Why wouldn't you have a sign PERPENDICULAR to the field so it is visible from everywhere like the HOME OF...sign? WEIRD...a sign on top of an awning!

asymmetries and quirkiness about the stadium re-do have never bothered me...but this is just dumb-ass...sometimes the jokes do write themselves!
MosesHallRAB83
AG
That is amazing. Go away symmetrical people.
chipotle
quote:
quote:
quote:

What a mess Looks awesome.

FIFY
Tripacer
quote:
When are we going to get a down vote button?
Fitch
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

that is colossally stupid! So you basically have a sign that cannot be seen from the field, first deck and probably the second deck and can only be seen from above because it is at roughly 25-35 degrees to ground level? Why wouldn't you have a sign PERPENDICULAR to the field so it is visible from everywhere like the HOME OF...sign? WEIRD...a sign on top of an awning!

asymmetries and quirkiness about the stadium re-do have never bothered me...but this is just dumb-ass...sometimes the jokes do write themselves!
Honestly I think it's a little bit of a faux pas too. Wouldn't be as bad if the font didn't have such a wide white outline, which really makes it bled in with the gun metal gray of the awning. No doubt it would have been mounted on a vertical surface if there were one. As it is there's ribbon boards and windows and everything else is slanted. It was either gonna be the sign goes away or gets installed as it is, which having toured the stadium it's not anything that stands out as weird. More folks have complained about it after not seeing it on the live cameras than will probably notice its angle live.
AMW2010
AG
What? Y'all don't like this look? Looks awesome... Said no one...

GetThoseKeysMilo
The ribbon board is fine. The only complaint I would have is if I were sitting in section 113 and facing a wall, having to turn in my seat to see the field. Seems like there could have been a better solution for that corner.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
The ribbon board is fine. The only complaint I would have is if I were sitting in section 113 and facing a wall, having to turn in my seat to see the field. Seems like there could have been a better solution for that corner.

Maybe we should have spent $3/4B instead of a paltry $1/2B...
twk
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe we should have spent $3/4B instead of a paltry $1/2B...
Actually, if we'd built the stadium around the ribbon board, we probably would have been limited to spending $300 million, after we eliminated a row a suites and a bunch of club seats. It's a good thing these OCD folks weren't in charge of this project.
Bullmoose
AG
quote:

That looks terrible.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

Yeah I've had hardly any negative things to say about New Kyle, but that's bad.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah I've had hardly any negative things to say about New Kyle, but that's bad.
Maybe it will look better when everything is ON! Maybe the WELCOME TO... sign will sparkle like the Eiffel Tower so EVERYONE will see it!!
45-70Ag
AG
quote:

I can't wait for this to make the message board rounds and be brought up on TV during a game.

The responses here will be well worth it.

It's our tarp.

Just kidding
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
I say embrace the **** outta new Kyle...it's weird, quirky, asymmetrical, oddly angled with fonts on top of awnings, sections that don't match, four corners each totally different than the others, and sections dated 1967, 1980, 1999, 2014 and 2015! It also had the largest scoreboard in CFB for almost one whole year! F*** you Auburn...you'll have this title for less than a year, too...so there! There's also the entrance towers...when seen from above they ALMOST form a square, but not quite!

YEAH!!!
Bird Poo
AG
The other SEC stadiums have ruined my opinion of the new Kyle. I don't remember the renderings having those weird corners. Oh well--at least it will be louder!
The Collective
AG
The ribbon board issue was already discussed on this thread. It's about the only thing that really bothers me about the new stadium.
ag2003
AG
some of you guys are insufferable
vwbug
- Are they going to do a new HOME OF THE 12TH MAN graphic on the student side? If so I think they should have done a WELCOME TO AGGIELAND then a few spaces or a star then HOME OF THE 12TH MAN all on one line, put up smaller corner video boards on that facade to make it fit

- the portals on the two student decks, will those be painted to match the others in the stadium?

other than those two items, looks amazing
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FIFY

Thanks for fixing chipotle's post!
JJxvi
AG
quote:
The other SEC stadiums have ruined my opinion of the new Kyle. I don't remember the renderings having those weird corners. Oh well--at least it will be louder!

Lol. What other SEC stadiums are those. Do you wish new Kyle looked like Ben Hill Griffin or Davis Wade or uh every other stadium in the conference that has these issues to certain degrees?
locogringo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FIFY
I think most people would see this picture and think it is a professional stadium
Quito
AG
So do you guys complaining about strange angles and asymmetry not like Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, Camden Yards, Ballpark in Arlington, etc..

Do you prefer the "cookie cutter" stadiums from the 70's? Are there any of those stadiums still left?

The asymmetry of our stadium speaks for the history and nostalgia there. I LOVE that we kept some of the former design...and the East 2nd and 3rd decks.
duffelpud
AG
Wabs
AG
When this new stadium is jam packed, you won't even notice the "corners".
AgGermany
AG
The FTAB will fix all the symmetry issues!
ToxicAG
I think they are going to have the same site line problems in section 113 as consequence of the cement wall and people either sitting or standing in 114 as they had on the second deck of the zone. I believe that section has now been converted to loge seating. I can't imagine how hot that corner is going to be when the cement heats up.
Saint Arnold
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.