Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,869 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
OrygunAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will we be getting our hedges?
exp
AG
I don't understand where the curved glass windows of this room are. Isn't the outside of this room simply the west stadium facade? The west stadium facade is of course completely flat as far as I can tell.
ag-seventy
AG
I hope the TV cameras are not placed as high as they were in the old west side. Hard to see the players from that high without telephoto.
coaggie
AG
Hoping that the TV camera angles have been thoroughly thought out. I trust that this was an important detail.
torrid
AG
quote:
Hoping that the TV camera angles have been thoroughly thought out. I trust that this was an important detail.
For a modern sports stadium, you would think that is the first thing they would consider.

Follow the money.
Ag8086
AG
There is a platform at the top of the 3rd deck under the roof pavilion that must be for the cameras, you can see if you zoom in and it is shown on the 3d rendition. Can not tell if there is one in the press box or around the 20 to 30 yard lines.
twk
AG
quote:
There is a platform at the top of the 3rd deck under the roof pavilion that must be for the cameras, you can see if you zoom in and it is shown on the 3d rendition. Can not tell if there is one in the press box or around the 20 to 30 yard lines.
That is for the coaches cameras (the all 22 view). For bigger telecasts, ESPN or CBS might have a camera up there, too, but that won't be there main 50 yard line camera (it will be in the booth with the broadcast team, at the bottom of the 3rd deck). I can't tell if the flanking cameras (which are usually about the 30 yard line) will be in those two smaller booths on each end of the TV level (coaches are supposed to be up there, too), or, if perhaps, those little platforms on suite level at the top of the second deck are for TV cameras (doubt it--I think it's those two small booths on the TV level).
BuenAg
quote:
Bevel looks just as bad upside-down.
I think it looks pretty sleek.
HBCanine08
AG
Possibly stupid questions:

Why are some seats maroon?

What's up with the gravel around the field?
JJxvi
AG
bleachers=metal
armchairs=maroon
spanky
AG
Always wondered what the point of the fake bevil on an actual 3D logo is
JaySugar
why are there rocks around the grass field?
BuenAg
quote:

If you want word answers try reading the posts in the thread instead of just looking at the pictures.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Always wondered what the point of the fake bevil on an actual 3D logo is

AgDotCom
quote:
quote:

If you want word answers try reading the posts in the thread instead of just looking at the pictures.

And what are these answers?

I haven't seen any.
BoxingAg84
GarryowenAg
ToxicAG
Looks like some sight line problems in the last section on the first deck west side.
CLB2008
AG
quote:

This shot is awesome. There will be nowhere for sound to go in the new Kyle. Its going to be so loud.
lennonjunior
Possible TV Camera locations:

What do you think? Red area or blue area?
twk
AG
quote:
Possible TV Camera locations:

What do you think? Red area or blue area?

I think red, but can't explain what the blue area is. Could it be handicapped seating? It's a little bit farther down the sidelines than you would ordinarily see for camera positions (they are usually on the 30s, which would be more consistent with the red).
CWSaggie13
AG
I believe the red is one of the team coordinator's boxes because of the large slanted roof seems to only give a view of the field. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The blue looks a lot like a camera deck to me.
TexAgBolter
AG
quote:
bleachers=metal
armchairs=maroon

Except upper north armchairs = old grey
AggieFactor
AG
twk
AG
Those are ADA platforms in blue in your photo. I suppose they could also serve as camera platforms, but they are clearly handicapped seating locations.
AggieFactor
AG
They are shared spaces, 3/4 for handicap and the outer 1/4 for the cameras.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Looks like some sight line problems in the last section on the first deck west side.

Those aren't donor tickets in that section. Not sure if they are visitor, faculty, or letterman tix.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I think I'm in love. However I'm coming to the realization now that Kyle Field looks completely different. I didn't make a game last season but will be at the Auburn game this year. It's going to feel really weird going to a game and it not feeling like "my" stadium.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
I think I'm in love. However I'm coming to the realization now that Kyle Field looks completely different. I didn't make a game last season but will be at the Auburn game this year. It's going to feel really weird going to a game and it not feeling like "my" stadium.

Wow so it JUST hit you that it is a different looking stadium?
atxaggie07
AG
Part of the faculty section is right below the funky cut-out. See the benches among the sea of seatbacks? That's faculty/staff seating. Lettermen will be in the Northeast corner adjacent to the new Lettermen's club. And as far as I know, that won't be a visiting section as I'm guessing those will remain largely the same as they have in the past, including last season.

So, it looks like Aggies will actually have to donate to sit there. A real black-eye for the administration.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
...it may have been answered already, but where is the "WELCOME TO AGGIELAND" sign going? Sure its current location is a "leave it there until we can put it where goes" right?

Are they re-doing the auxiliary scoreboards on the 3rd deck of the east side? In the new stadium they kinda look high schoolish...plus the west side no longer has them...
gr8yt21
AG
I'm guessing here, but it looks like the bevel actually isn't upside down. The large rock columns look to be the inside of the center west faade. There is a balcony area on the right by the windows that is likely the access point to the suites on that level. Let's call it an activation balcony. So, those windows would likely face the field in some way, but not sure how to explain the part of the stadium or suite walls that would block much of that light. Perhaps the suites on that level are big fish bowls and that provides the natural light into that room.
The Collective
AG
That section labeled 113 (last west side section on the north end) is $3500 between capital contribution & annual seat donation. Holy crap.
torrid
AG
Looks like you'll be able to see the field from 113, but only by always looking to the right. The view straight ahead is nothing but a concrete wall. Probably get a bad crick in your neck.
Richardson Zone
AG
Well this looks odd. Is there not going to be a ribbon board on the west side or will it not be connected?

First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.