Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,322 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Drake aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Is that really the final placement of the "Welcome to Aggieland" sign? Angled and facing up?

Cool pics drake!!
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Don't look now but the west sides giant aTm is going up on the main entrance as I type...I hope Old Main is OK...can someone check in on him!?
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
Don't look now but the west sides giant aTm is going up on the main entrance as I type...I hope Old Main is OK...can someone check in on him!?

It looks great!
TREKSTAR
does it seem like that stadium is leaning or is it just the way picture was takened
chipotle
Leave the dirt as is. Turn the sprinklers on. It's time for mud ball.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
does it seem like that stadium is leaning or is it just the way picture was takened

Put on your thinking cap. What do you think the answer is?
Ridge14
quote:
I've heard from a friend on the project that they intentionally sloped the field and stadium a few degrees in the North/South direction.

No one else will know this but our coaches and we will always choose to defend the same side that way in the fourth quarter we are always running down hill and the opponent is always running up. The advantage will be small but it will be there.
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
The Leaning Field of Kyle
BoxingAg84

BoxingAg84

Fitch
The Collective
AG
Wow
AG @ HEART
quote:
quote:
I've heard from a friend on the project that they intentionally sloped the field and stadium a few degrees in the North/South direction.

No one else will know this but our coaches and we will always choose to defend the same side that way in the fourth quarter we are always running down hill and the opponent is always running up. The advantage will be small but it will be there.

Some secret it is now! Thanks jerk you cost us the season!
Ridge14
quote:
quote:
quote:

Some secret it is now! Thanks jerk you cost us the season!
Oh no! I thought I was the in Ag Only board!

lotsofhp
AG

What a stadium!
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

What a stadium!

She's gorgeous!
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

What a stadium!

Love it.
Agnzona
We are going to have one of the top 5 stadiums in college football for the next decade I don't see how one can complain!
outofstateaggie
torrid
AG
quote:

What a stadium!
Needs to be photoshopped at a slant.
CrottyKid
AG
What is the design for rain runoff of those awnings in the middle of the west side? This is not a knock, and I'm fully aware that professional engineers and architects have it all figured out. I'm just wondering how it works. Are there hidden gutter-type things or what? Is there no need for that sort of thing? Just curious.
SA-AG72
AG
Crotty, it appears that downspouts are incorporated as part of the structural elements supporting the press box. Zoom in on the photo in the previous post and you will see what I'm referencing.
outofstateaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What a stadium!
Meh.

If you are such a miserable person, why don't you just go drink bleach and end it all.
You have never posted anything even remotely positive. Seriously.

Wow. Ease up there, friend. Before you go and encourage someone to end their own life over a message board post, at least make sure you got their entire message. Look directly below my post that you quoted.

Lighten up, Francis.
tbirdspur2010
AG
He posted a winky emoji in jest right under that post and you still blasted 'im with both barrels. Wow.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
If you are such a miserable person, why don't you just go drink bleach and end it all.
You have never posted anything even remotely positive. Seriously.
The hypocrisy is hilarious!

Aside from the the guy you quoted being facetious, since when did it become illegal to have a different opinion?

Texags groupthink strikes again.
AgDotCom
This place is a freaking HOLE
Fitch
AG
quote:
What is the design for rain runoff of those awnings in the middle of the west side? This is not a knock, and I'm fully aware that professional engineers and architects have it all figured out. I'm just wondering how it works. Are there hidden gutter-type things or what? Is there no need for that sort of thing? Just curious.
As SA-AG72 mentioned, there are drains built into the canopy roofs that should keep most of the rain from pouring down on to the crowd below. The downspouts connect back through the cluster columns that support the canopies and then run under the concourses.
MarathonAg03
AG
The redeveloped football venue is imperfect and amazing. I can't wait to be there for the Ball State game.

You don't know what "groupthink" means.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Just ignore him. He's been bashing anyone who says anything positive about Kyle by saying they're "brainwashed" for liking the new look for weeks now.
rally-cap
AG
quote:
quote:
As SA-AG72 mentioned, there are drains built into the canopy roofs that should keep most of the rain from pouring down on to the crowd below. The downspouts connect back through the cluster columns that support the canopies and then run under the concourses.
Yeah they didn't help much at the Missouri game last season. Water was coming off in sheets on the 3rd deck of the student section. Looking up from the second deck, it looked pretty bad. Maybe that system wasn't fully installed on that canopy yet. If it was and the water still came off like that, I hope they figured out a better solution, because the people on the West side will not enjoy getting wet like that I'm sure.

But if you look at this Google Earth photo (which matches other photos I have seen of the drainage), the drain line looks to be offset from the edge, which would allow some water to fall from the front of the canopy... I am sure the position of the drain line had something to do with the field lights being housed within the leading edge of the canopy.
torrid
AG
All filled in with dirt, probably going to run the steamroller over it for days.

Wanna bet they start digging some trenches in it after that?
BoxingAg84
Aerial photo courtesy of http://www.doublezproductions.com/

BoxingAg84
BoxingAg84
https://instagr.am/p/5kLDaHy4Rt

First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.